Daniel James - Manchester United player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric's Seagull

With that stamina and speed and lack of natural ability he should slot into right back like Valencia did for us. He’d be a dominating right back for many many years to come
Although I haven't seen a lot of him. Have you seen much of him to give a fair judgement of his lack of natural ability?

Handré1990

I haven’t watched a single game of his, but he’s just the right kind of terrible footballer for Ole’s shit style.
Please accept me into your everlasting ring of b****ing and moaning

SATA

I don't know but i am pinning a lot of hopes on him to make an impact in the first team. Hopefully he has the guile to isolate the fullback and Pogba can ping in those passes behind into space for him, something like Rooney did for a prime Valencia on the wing

LuckyScout78

Looks like a player made for counter attack. And i know so little about this guy, to rate him playing against parking bus and to open up defend. A unknown player for me. So im looking forward to take a closer look on him, live.

KennyBurner

I see he's being marketed a lot on twitter right now. please don't tell me he is our main right winger? I thought he was bought as a backup?

Sambob

Everyone knows that players like ronaldo and Messi were born as good as they are now and were just always that good and nobody else in the world will ever be good.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Speed demon. Both curious and excited to see how will he cope with EPL defenses. The lack of transfers (if that's the case) shouldn't put unrealistic expectations on him though. Getting more regular by the end of the season and deciding few games on his own would be a nice start. It is not on him to carry this team or be one of the main players.

In a season or two, he should kick off if he develops properly.

Hughie77

I haven’t watched a single game of his, but he’s just the right kind of terrible footballer for Ole’s shit style.
Please accept me into your everlasting ring of b****ing and moaning
You haven't seen him play, but He's a terrible footballer! This boy is quick, has plenty of ability, he's going frighten the living daylights out of full back, when he gets the ball in space, can go past them with ease, the only doubt is the level up?

He's got all the qualities to take the step up on, I've seen him alot for Swansea and The few caps he's had for Wales, this boy will be better with better players, that's what he's got at UTD. Don't be to quick to judge! At least if you haven't even seen him play!

Handré1990

You haven't seen him play, but He's a terrible footballer! This boy is quick, has plenty of ability, he's going frighten the living daylights out of full back, when he gets the ball in space, can go past them with ease, the only doubt is the level up?

He's got all the qualities to take the step up on, I've seen him alot for Swansea and The few caps he's had for Wales, this boy will be better with better players, that's what he's got at UTD. Don't be to quick to judge! At least if you haven't even seen him play!
White text. My first ever nibble on the caf! Where’s my prize?:drool:

ArjenIsM3

Triggered :lol:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

I think "terrible" in English means something else entirely.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
You don't win anything with kids
You don't win anything by imagining a player who got 4 goals and 7 assists in the championship is suddenly going to light things up in the Premier League a season later.

I like James, saw Swansea a few times last season and he's frighteningly quick and an exciting player to watch, but there's no way he should be anything but a squaddie for you next season. He played in the same league where Jarrod Bowen banged in 22 goals last season.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
I like James, saw Swansea a few times last season and he's frighteningly quick and an exciting player to watch, but there's no way he should be anything but a squaddie for you next season. He played in the same league where Jarrod Bowen banged in 22 goals last season.
Since when somebody called Jarrod Bowen can't be a great footballer? Smacks of namism.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Since when somebody called Jarrod Bowen can't be a great footballer? Smacks of namism.
Uh, no. The point is Bowen was far, far more productive with 22 goals than James was, and I really doubt anyone would expect Bowen to come in and replicate that at the top level.

It's a big step up and James wasn't tearing it up in the championship as it was. I think a season or so to adjust to that as a bench player should be expected, which will take patience. Building him up as a game changer already won't do him much good in my opinion.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Uh, no. The point is Bowen was far, far more productive with 22 goals than James was, and I really doubt anyone would expect Bowen to come in and replicate that at the top level.

It's a big step up and James wasn't tearing it up in the championship as it was. I think a season or so to adjust to that as a bench player should be expected, which will take patience. Building him up as a game changer already won't do him much good in my opinion.
Sarcasm, mate. I know nothing about Championship and how James went about there. What I do know is that he's got pace and doesn't shy away from the ball, which in itself is better from the shit we've been served by our wingers lately. No risk transfer for that fee and I'll happily just see him run and hold width. If he can be any useful apart from that then nice:-).

RedCurry

AWB,McTom and James are all getting notable coverage via our social media team.
All of whom seem like they have a good head on their shoulders. Better than some of our other annoying pricks getting all the attention because they did a dance or some cute nutmeg in training that they would never pull-off in an actual game situation.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
W

Why not? Did everyone not see what he did against city playing for Swansea? He’s got huge potential
Yeah one game mate, I seen a fair few games of him doing not a lot, which is to be expected due to his age. I think he has great potential, as I did with Shaw and Martial and as I do with Wan Bisakka but they haven’t been and won’t do it consistently.

LJJT

Yeah one game mate, I seen a fair few games of him doing not a lot, which is to be expected due to his age. I think he has great potential, as I did with Shaw and Martial and as I do with Wan Bisakka but they haven’t been and won’t do it consistently.
If he can do it once he can do it a million times. The potential is there his confidence will be sky high. Let’s unleash him on every one. Imagine him coming on last 30 mins doing that in a game

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
If he can do it once he can do it a million times. The potential is there his confidence will be sky high. Let’s unleash him on every one. Imagine him coming on last 30 mins doing that in a game
But he hasn’t done it every game at a lower level, so why would he do it at the highest? I don’t get this at all.

LJJT

But he hasn’t done it every game at a lower level, so why would he do it at the highest? I don’t get this at all.
Playing last 20-30 mins when full backs are knackered and he roasts them. Playing at OT, the biggest stage. The world is his oyster

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He certainly isn’t expected to be a starter is he? Great prospect but nowhere near PL level.
I don't think he's expected to be starter, I also don't think he'll be RW like some are suggesting, for a few years we've lacked any spark off the bench so for the first season at least I imagine he'll be a bench player.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
When does this ever happen? He’s a good player but you can’t expect him to be a game changer.

Rarely, the whole 'tired legs' thing is overplayed by fans anyhow. It's 2019, professional players, fullbacks especially, are incredibly fit and capable of doing intense sprints up to the 90th minute of most games.

Obviously fresh legs helps and is a bonus, but he's not going to suddenly be murdering a fullback just because he's come on late, or all PL clubs would be utilising that tactic all of the time. And the quality on the end of his runs has to be questioned considering his pretty average output at championship level, where I'm going to say the athleticism and ability of defenders is generally much lower. It's mostly just hope and the fact he's a new, exciting new signing driving these narratives, which I don't blame people for .. I've fallen victim to it myself at times with many players.

He's a talent but I'd really be surprised if he had any major impact first season, good time to bed him in/get some games in the cups and use him in a sub some games. He's a 21 year old coming from a lower league.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I don't think he's expected to be starter, I also don't think he'll be RW like some are suggesting, for a few years we've lacked any spark off the bench so for the first season at least I imagine he'll be a bench player.
I think that would be sensible but for what position? On the right he has Sanchez and Lingard and Mata, can he play on the left?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I think that would be sensible but for what position? On the right he has Sanchez and Lingard and Mata, can he play on the left?
Admittedly I've not seen a lot of him but he's meant to be primarily a LW, so I think he'd be back up to Martial, I don't think we'll see too much of Sanchez next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.