Daniel James - Manchester United player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dazzmondo

No, neither do I, we just need to work out how best to use him. He’s not best suited to a high work rate system, but I agree we have to find a way to unlock his talent.
Lw is his position and his shots, goals, and chances created per game are among some of the best in the entire league. I agree that his work rate is a problem but if we need to put someone else on the left side of midfield to help out with pressing it's worth doing. It would be better to simply get a lb with bundles of energy who we can rely on which is why it's mind boggling to me that we're not after Tierney when he's available and for an extremely cheap price.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He will take minutes from Chong who i like a lot, Grenwood who has amazing potential and Gomes who has already more skill than James. And that is why i just can't understand why we bought him.
If he is 18y old, 5 mil player then ok. If he is top right wing player who goes straight in first 11 then great. We need that.

But to buy for 15-20mil 21y old championship player with bang average stats, who is not even better than our kids and who plays on position where we have 5,6 options....that i really can't understand.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
He will take minutes from Chong who i like a lot, Grenwood who has amazing potential and Gomes who has already more skill than James. And that is why i just can't understand why we bought him.
If he is 18y old, 5 mil player then ok. If he is top right wing player who goes straight in first 11 then great. We need that.

But to buy for 15-20mil 21y old championship player with bang average stats, who is not even better than our kids and who plays on position where we have 5,6 options....that i really can't understand.
Why does it matter that he's 21 and not 18 considering we've seen spates of players in the past who didn't break through till that age. Especially for a short lad like him.

haram

We should give him time to show what he is capable of.

::sonny::

Agreed

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
We should give him time to show what he is capable of.
That is my point. It was logical to either buy top proven player or to play our 3 talented kids. That time that he will need will take minutes from them. I would rather that we see what Gomes, Greenwood and Chong are capable. I am maybe subjective because they are our kids but those 3 have much more skill and potential than James.

Do we really need another backup/squad rotation player? I think not

red4ever 79

Long way away from being good enough to be a first team player, which is what we all knew. Another squad player been signed, in an already bloated squad.

SaintMuppet

As raw as my butt after a Thai curry....

Why are we signing players who can’t hit the ground running more quickly, it’s madness?

Dozer

As raw as my butt after a Thai curry....

Why are we signing players who can’t hit the ground running more quickly, it’s madness?
Why does he need to hit the ground running inside two pre-season games?

Yes he looks raw, but unless you have psychic powers there’s no use ruling him out at this stage.

James is clearly not ready to be a starter, but he’s got assets that we don’t have in our squad and he’s someone who can develop - so he’s certaintly not just another squad player, he’s someone who can make an impact from the bench, and we really don’t have many of those.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Long way away from being good enough to be a first team player, which is what we all knew. Another squad player been signed, in an already bloated squad.
Played less than 180 mins for us. It's pre season. His dad died less than 2 months ago.

With fans like ours who needs rival fans eh?

SaintMuppet

Why does he need to hit the ground running inside two pre-season games?

Yes he looks raw, but unless you have psychic powers there’s no use ruling him out at this stage.
He needs to hit the ground running because the team does. Don’t get me wrong it’s not his fault and I’m all for bringing through young talent. But talented prospects should not be the mainstay of this particular summers shopping.

Why we are not signing a proper RW I just cannot fathom. If a RW, DM and CB magically appear in the next 2 weeks color me happy. For now I’m not actually sure what the plan is other than play a lot of kids.

The kids look well up for it but lacking in calmness and organization. I noticed a lot of running into each other’s positions yesterday and that it was mainly energy levels that had Inter cowering. Those tactics won’t cut it alone against the bulk of premiership teams. Running madly about will only get you so far and let’s be fair I could have probably played against Inter they were that bad.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Oh right. Sorry I didnt realize fans were not allowed an opinion these days on the players.
Only positive things apparently. You can write all day how superb is AWB, how good is Greenwood, how good is Chong but not "bad" things despite how obvious they are. If you see that you should ignore it. Because top reds will attack you

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Oh right. Sorry I didnt realize fans were not allowed an opinion these days on the players.
Opinion after less than 2 games??? Of which it is pre season and most of all he's still mourning the loss of his father?

Yeah keep your 'expert' opinions to yourself and get behind our players.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Only positive things apparently. You can write all day how superb is AWB, how good is Greenwood, how good is Chong but not "bad" things despite how obvious they are. If you see that you should ignore it. Because top reds will attack you
Not at all but he's not played 2 full games yet and his dad died less than 6 weeks ago and we've already got negativity about him. Absolutely worse thing about this club. The fanbase.

The booing of our own player yesterday further backs this up. I'm not a young fan at all but I'd never boo one of our own.

Negativity breeds more negativity and then people wonder why there's a dark cloud over the club.

AJ10

Given up on him after 3 pre season games. :lol:

Some posts are a joke by "caf experts".

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Given up on him after 3 pre season games. :lol:
Some posts are a joke by "caf experts".
I know, right?

We are now in Madrid territory for the worst fans in the world. Fecking plastics too no doubt who would need a map to find our ground.

settembrini

He was poor against Inter but he's not a right winger. In the previous two games when played on the left he was a lot better.

red4ever 79

Opinion after less than 2 games??? Of which it is pre season and most of all he's still mourning the loss of his father?

Yeah keep your 'expert' opinions to yourself and get behind our players.
Sorry Putin. Please accept my apologies. Just out of interest how many games do you think he will start this season in the Premier league? I would say less than 10

red4ever 79

Not at all but he's not played 2 full games yet and his dad died less than 6 weeks ago and we've already got negativity about him. Absolutely worse thing about this club. The fanbase.

The booing of our own player yesterday further backs this up. I'm not a young fan at all but I'd never boo one of our own.

Negativity breeds more negativity and then people wonder why there's a dark cloud over the club.
You should get off your high horse, get your head out of the clouds. No one is writing him off, people are saying he was poor yesterday (which he was) and people are suggesting it looks like he will be more of a squad player this season (which he will be) No way this guy is one of our starting eleven

As for the booing. People are entitled to express their view in a legally minded way.

Bestietom

His passing will have to improve or it will be the same as usual.
Losing the ball while in possession with most players pressing can have serious consequences.
We still need that RW.

As for the booing. People are entitled to express their view in a legally minded way.
Jesus H Christ, what a phrase - a legally minded way! You can be an utter twinkle of a fan without being racist. I am afraid a lot of our ‘internet based’ fan base are utter idiots, thankfully most wont ever go to a match to actually boo one of our players.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
But Chong is a right winger
Nah he looks much better on the left IMO but can play right as well. He does the role of a classic winger far better than the inside forward role.

Also would say he's 3rd choice left winger with Sanchez 3rd choice striker and not an option on the wings.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
That is my point. It was logical to either buy top proven player or to play our 3 talented kids. That time that he will need will take minutes from them. I would rather that we see what Gomes, Greenwood and Chong are capable. I am maybe subjective because they are our kids but those 3 have much more skill and potential than James.

Do we really need another backup/squad rotation player? I think not
Imo I think we actually did need someone of his profile as a squad player. Lukaku and Sanchez not in long term plans. Gomes a 10, Mata and Lingard also 10's. Leaves us with Martial, Rashford, Tahith Chong and Mason Greenwood as our actual longer term options to play wide or up top. We needed an actual winger type with pace in the squad.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
James is clearly not ready to be a starter, but he’s got assets that we don’t have in our squad and he’s someone who can develop - so he’s certaintly not just another squad player, he’s someone who can make an impact from the bench, and we really don’t have many of those.
Definition of a squad player right there.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
You should get off your high horse, get your head out of the clouds. No one is writing him off, people are saying he was poor yesterday (which he was) and people are suggesting it looks like he will be more of a squad player this season (which he will be) No way this guy is one of our starting eleven

You're a cretin if you think it is ever okay to boo a Manchester United player. It never is.

Tony247

James is natural on left. He is definitely a starting-11 player for this season.

ManchesterYoda

But Chong is a right winger
It seems like Chong is a left footed winger that plays best on the left, similar to Sane, rather than left footed winger that plays best on the right, similar to Robben. Not seen enough of him yet though. It could just be that he had a better game and happened to be on the left that day. Need to see over the course of a whole season. Example Rashford and Martial are both rubbish playing on the right, I've seen more than enough of them playing there to know that's the case. They are both far better playing as right footed left sided forwards. Greenwood is the left footed player that seems like he suits playing on the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.