Daniel James - Manchester United player

Status
Not open for further replies.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
They showed on replays that when he got the yellow, the defender actually ever so slightly caught his shin. Not enough to warrant a free kick perhaps, but neither was it diving.
That was already his second incident of throwing himself on the floor (which is what he did, whether you want to pretend that isn't diving or not). He then did it again less dramatically a couple of times after. Not dives but incidents where he didn't need to end up on the floor. In the second half he went to ground too easily again when we'd just taken a corner and all of our defenders were in the opposition box. He needs to not do that. Ever...although I'm also not sure why we're taking short corners if we're just then going to feck about aimlessly with the ball rather than have a routine/plan.

Rossa

That was already his second incident of throwing himself on the floor (which is what he did, whether you want to pretend that isn't diving or not). He then did it again less dramatically a couple of times after. Not dives but incidents where he didn't need to end up on the floor. In the second half he went to ground too easily again when we'd just taken a corner and all of our defenders were in the opposition box. He needs to not do that. Ever...although I'm also not sure why we're taking short corners if we're just then going to feck about aimlessly with the ball rather than have a routine/plan.
Agree that he shouldn't be diving, but I'm ready to cut him some slack just now. If he turns out all Ashley Diving Young, then I'll lose all faith in him.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Good to see him score two goals. But he's not starter material right now for a top 4 side. Of course we aren't a top 4 side so all is well I suppose.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
That was a great goal, well done. However, he shouldn't be starter for this team yet, not ready yet.

Drainy

The club needs to write to the FA about his two bookings.

2 yellows for being fouled and no recourse is ridiculous. If he ends up with a suspension because he is too quick for the defenders, and the referees, even when there is VAR and the review bodies then it is just a joke.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Very good game from him today, deserved the goal. Shocking from the ref to book him when he got kicked in the knee :lol:

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
The club needs to write to the FA about his two bookings.

2 yellows for being fouled and no recourse is ridiculous. If he ends up with a suspension because he is too quick for the defenders, and the referees, even when there is VAR and the review bodies then it is just a joke.
Absolutely. And Ole needs to attack the refs aggressively.

dev1l

I like seeing James proving the "experts"over here wrong.
Re his yellow. It was yet another bad decision by an incompetent referee. Bloody amateur.

Milo2035

He’s bloody useless

And as for celebrating that equaliser :lol:
To quote Wakanda's king : "We don't do that here".
That celebration from a Championship player in front of Stretford End sums up Man United's status at the moment.

Untd55

He could be a great squad player. Great goal, but today showed that we have signed yet another left-winger instead of addressing the right-wing.

I am happy about his signing and think he could do well for us, but I saw him as a squad player who would get a decent amount of playing time. I believed we would sign a proper right-winger this year, but we did not. As a result, he is now our first-team player and expected to deliver on a side he has barely played in for a Championship team.

Raw

Just keep playing him on the left, have Martial/Rashford rotating up front and let Massive Gaping Black Hole play on the right like he always has done for the last 5 years.

Needham

James has done more in a couple of games than Martial has shown his entire time here.

Castia

Getting some unwarranted criticism....fecking hell.

Young lad playing his first games in the PL....bags 2 in 3 games yet gets shit on.

Castia

No white text? Nonsense. Martial 2015/16 was great.

NONSENSE! I tell you!

Then you have to go back 4 fecking years to try prove a point.

We aren’t shit remember that time we won the title 6 years ago??

BlahRules

This is the shit that pisses me off. You scored a goal and instead of trying to restart the game you decide to act like you are fexking mbappe.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Who should start in his place? Apart from maybe Gomes there isn't anybody.
I knew someone was going to ask that, but I have no idea, but my point is that we should be bringing him in second half where he could make better impact. Maybe Perreira from the start and later James?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
IMO had James shown more bravery today he could have had a more decisive impact. Great that he scored and it was a fab finish. However, too often he waited for the ball on the touchline and refused to run ahead of the ball. When Wan-Bissaka gets the ball James should be on his bike expecting the dink over the top. Instead he often makes his best asset, his speed, completely useless by standing still and waiting to play a give and go. Very frustrating. When we have the pitch our attackers need to stretch the play, give people options to play the pass in behind like Scholes used to. Coming towards the ball when wide just compresses the game and makes it harder for everyone else.

He's a very rough diamond at the moment. I wouldn't drop him but he's got so much to improve in terms of decision making.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Bizarre. What was he playing at?
Its because he has a small time mentality since he hasn't played for such a huge club before.

After today, he will know that such goals don't mean much at a club like united.

Nori-

Looking more and more like a great purchase every week, but he shouldn't be put in the position where he is our first choice winger week in week out.

He is 21, new club, new league, recently lost his father etc. Any decent manager would have bought a more experienced player in his position and slowly broken James in, or used him as an impact sub.

Now if we go on a slump, it could damage his confidence, effect his performances etc

Red_toad

This is the shit that pisses me off. You scored a goal and instead of trying to restart the game you decide to act like you are fexking mbappe.
Jeez he should have done a lap of the pitch and wasted more time, might have saved us a point. If players aren’t allowed to celebrate, then honestly what’s the point of the game? It’s about passion and enjoyment.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Lads he’s playing for Man Utd. He’s probably still in shock that he’s even here. So what he celebrated? Was a cracking finish and the emotions just took over, I’m sure of that.

Decent talent and needs nurturing but why the feck did we buy him for the right wing? Bizarre.

Status
Not open for further replies.