Daniel James - Manchester United player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Haha. I didn't expect Bellion or Bebe to do anything of note, but I'm guilty of it with Obertan. Even when Blanc was bemused at the time that we were in for him I still thought he would be something special.
Tbf mate, he did put up a fantastic performance against the England u21 team and was just too hot to handle prior to us signing him. So I guess I can somewhat understand the optimism regarding his signing.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Tbf mate, did put up a fantastic performance against the England u21 team and was just too hot to handle prior to us signing him. So I guess I can somewhat understand the optimism regarding his signing.
Haha, yeah, but when his own manager was scratching his head in amazement that we wanted him, and that being a manager who played for our club and would give it to us straight, it should have been a bit of a red flag :lol:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Haha, yeah, but when his own manager was scratching his head in amazement that we wanted him, and that being a manager who played for our club and would give it to us straight, it should have been a bit of a red flag :lol:
I suppose I can understand us signing him. He had shown alot of promise as a youth player and it was a risk worth taking due to the small fee. The game against Wolfsburg was possibly his highlight as a United player.:lol:

croadyman

I honestly wish I could an arm around the poor kid because he must wonder what kind of chaos has he signed up to.

This is going to do so much harm to his development with what is going on behind the scenes.

Fer

I'm happy for him, I hope he has a chance to develop here. But I think we needed someone like Chiesa or Sancho to improve our first team right away.

We should be patient with James, mainly because it will be his first time playing the premier league.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'm happy for him, I hope he has a chance to develop here. But I think we needed someone like Chiesa or Sancho to improve our first team right away.

We should be patient with James, mainly because it will be his first time playing the premier league.
Chiesa could still be a possibility, depending on how far Juventus are with the deal. Also Chiesa's will to leave Italy and join us in our current state.

Danimancer

attended the Malta Manchester United supporters club 60th anniversary dinner the last Sunday, and had the chance to meet Butt, Robbo, Gary Neville, and Giggs. It was interesting to hear Ryan talk about Daniel James, how he thinks he will be a good player for us, and how he got even more pace than a young Giggs! He didn't want to admit it initially :)

Reactions: KM

meamth

Odegaard better than all of our attackers in every way? Jesus christ :lol:.
Contrary of popular shyte belief by Real Madrid supporters, Odegaard is steadily improving as a player.

He is one of the best right inside forward at Eredivise last season.

Bill Beaumont

I reckon he is a good acquisition

However what is troubling me is harry Wilson is probably a better player, definitely so going on last season's stats, and he won't get a sniff at the scousers

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

Good lad, getting it in. Saw Martial Post something as well, looks like a couple of the lads are getting the training in!

wurzel-red

I think he’ll be used on the right and hug the sideline. If you watch most games Martial is usually the one providing the width and whoever plays the other side drifts inside or acts as a second striker.

This will help Martial massively, as he’ll have a lot more room to drift in central and play as an inside forward, which is where we’ve seen his best form.

manesh

Hope we give him a good run of games 10-15 @ the start of the season to let him grow into the role.

No point making him wait as his confidence will be hit and when he does get on, he will be too anxious to impress.

I hope he does really well.

kaiser00

Vital that the RW and LW build a solid understanding with the fullbacks. It think this area could be fruitful for us this season.

IrishRedDevil

Fair play to him, but it concerns me that Manchester United players lack fitness when compared to the new lad from Swansea. Just shows how rotten things have been the last couple of years.

hobbers

I just hope that his United career isn't jeopardised by joining the club at such a low point, much like Zaha's was.

Jacob

Fair play to him, but it concerns me that Manchester United players lack fitness when compared to the new lad from Swansea. Just shows how rotten things have been the last couple of years.
To be fair, anyone with access to a gym can be fitter than United players, I do get your point though. James is also in his peak physical years.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
To be fair, anyone with access to a gym can be fitter than United players, I do get your point though. James is also in his peak physical years.
Not sure about that

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
He isn’t our right winger singing I hope. He seems to play better on the left. Hopefully some much needed competition for sulky on the left.
He can play all along the forward line. Do not be surprised to see him on the right, left and possibly through the middle at points as well.

Mark1361

Quality control
Not sure if this is awesome or terrifying

it gibberish talk. We end up selling him for less then 3m in a few years. Only reason we brought him was because he was cheap that it. Rodri will end up been a better player then Daniel James.

macheda14

it gibberish talk. We end up selling him for less then 3m in a few years. Only reason we brought him was because he was cheap that it. Rodri will end up been a better player then Daniel James.
Good point, well done!

DoomSlayer

What kind of a comment is that man ffs? The lad is clearly talented, I predict he will surprise many fans in the coming season.

Amarsdd

Yeah, and De Ligt will end being a better player than Rodri.

RedCurry

I bet my the end of the season, you’d have an alternative account on caf.

No7UTD

I Think We must be very patient to the new young players. But just watch a player like Madison who played his first pl season last year. Players from a lower league must really have the will and pride to play in a club like United. Sometimes I doubt if the big players have the same way.

imamuppet

Erm you must be young (maybe not lol) ......

Article is from 2014,

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-28254123

Definitely not close to 21

It is slightly embarrassing for the rest of the 'established' squad members that a young player from Swansea is clearly fitter than them.

Hopefully they will feel it in their egos

;) ;)

Jacob

Erm you must be young (maybe not lol) ......

Article is from 2014,

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-28254123

Definitely not close to 21

It is slightly embarrassing for the rest of the 'established' squad members that a young player from Swansea is clearly fitter than them.

Hopefully they will feel it in their egos

;) ;)
That journalist clearly haven't had proper education in scientific methods. Measuring average age of squads tell you absolutely nothing about how good they are at football.

I was talking about physical peak by the way, not overall football-wise.

imamuppet

That journalist clearly haven't had proper education in scientific methods. Measuring average age of squads tell you absolutely nothing about how good they are at football.

I was talking about physical peak by the way, not overall football-wise.
Without that quick Google search,

It always been in my mind that the peak years (in terms of physical attributes) of a male is between 26-29 years old.

Of course, as you have said things change with regards to scientific methods.

Unless you can bring to the table some study that shows 21 is peak physical period for a male athlete than I cannot agree with your sentiments.

We know that the brain of a human is not fully developed until after 25 years of age.

SteveW

Not sure if this is awesome or terrifying
Had the same thought. It's a far cry from the days of Keane and Giggs telling the new lads they are miles off the level required. Ole has plenty of work to do to turn the club around.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
After being called up to the Wales squad, Giggs said he's the quickest player he's ever seen.
Wouldn't doubt that, would love to see a race with him and Mbappe and Adama Traore.

Maybe a young Valencia in his prime but not sure he had the top speed.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Wouldn't doubt that, would love to see a race with him and Mbappe and Adama Traore.

Maybe a young Valencia in his prime but not sure he had the top speed.
Tbf I watched some videos of prime Bale, Mbappé and Adama and I don't think he's quicker than any of them. He still looks like he's on fast forward most of the time mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.