Not open for further replies.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Regarding the highlighted text

1. He is 21
2. No they are not
3. No it is not.

For further clarification we have a handful of prospects who are decent but no class of 92. In terms of wide players we only have Chong who is miles behind James at this point and may never break through, we also have not signed a legitimate winger for years and are crying out for one. We just finished 6th and are quite frankly a dumpster fire, we are not shopping at the elite level right now because the best players have better options unless they are just has beens looking to get in on the Alexis Sanchez retirement plan. Championship Players have been moving to the PL and becoming stars for some time now and it is a quality highly competitive league. I know we usually let someone else sign guys like James first because we like to get hosed 12 months later when their value triples but maybe paying less and getting players earlier could work out, weirder things have happened.
Sorry mate, that makes all the difference.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Same question though, out of the rest of the squad, who has scored more headers?, that's my point. 4 from 95 is shite, however, he's a midfielder and he almost out-heads our so-called strikers. How many did Roy Keane head in, Bryan Robson, Beckham, Scholes Butt etc throughout their careers. Not prolific but we needed them and they did the job. At the moment, we have no one else who will head the ball feom the centre of the park.
Your point make no sense. Your point was we need to keep him for all these heading goals he scored which don't actually happen.

No one else to win headers? I find that strange when McTominay wins twice as many headers as him. Matic also wins more while have a far greater success rate as well.

So not only is he not scoring with his head he also isn't the only midfielder winning headers. In fact he rarely ever wins a header.

Further to your point Beckham, Keane and Butt have a whopping 0 combined PL header goals. So no they weren't important and we clearly didn't need them seeing as they never happened.

reddevil80

Your point make no sense. Your point was we need to keep him for all these heading goals he scored which don't actually happen.

No one else to win headers? I find that strange when McTominay wins twice as many headers as him. Matic also wins more while have a far greater success rate as well.

So not only is he not scoring with his head he also isn't the only midfielder winning headers. In fact he rarely ever wins a header.

Further to your point Beckham, Keane and Butt have a whopping 0 combined PL header goals. So no they weren't important and we clearly didn't need them seeing as they never happened.
My point is in the present squad, which other midfielder has scored more headers than Pogba? The other players I mentioned were needed for more than heading however, we need players to win the headers in the middle of the park. You're correct, Mctominay has been more successful, but he hasn't scored with his napper, neither has Matic. This has gone off the thread title so I'm calling a day on it . My original thought was James will be more successful with Pogba behind him than if he isn't there.

KennyBurner

This feels like that Liverpool year under Kenny daglish when Liverpool where buying all those average English players like Stewart downing and so on. 4 goals in the championship? I feel sick!

Patrick08

Will feed lukaku a lot, if he learns to move in the box or have poachers instinct of his previous seasons.

Phelan footprint all over this i feel.

freeurmind

weak willed
Sorry if this has been answered but can any Swansea fans tell us what to expect from him? And are they upset at losing him?

Dante

Average bang
I think he's joining the team in order to play on the left as a part of Ole's new high pressing strategy. Rashford will be the second prong of the attacking trident, with Lingard currently being the third (though that may change).

I don't see Solskjaer persisting with any of Martial, Lukaku, Sanchez or Mata as first choices going forward.

Ekeke

Just read a tweet that he’s jumping from £4K a week to £67k a week. We must have money to burn.
It is a big jump and £67,000 is a high wage for most clubs.

But for us only Darmian and Rashford are on less from the first team. Romero is on 70k for example. McTominay and Pereira are on lower because they have still been on their first contracts.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Not really a story is it? He’s moving from Swansea to Man United.
I know but why not offer him say £20 or £30k a week? See how he does. That’s still a massive pay rise. If it’s true it reminds me of Leeds United signing Seth Johnson and the contact he got.

Scholsey2004

I know but why not offer him say £20 or £30k a week? See how he does. That’s still a massive pay rise. If it’s true it reminds me of Leeds United signing Seth Johnson and the contact he got.
Starting at 40k would have been respectable at his age and in terms of the squad I would have thought. Leicester got Maddison for 55k and he was championship player of the season. Obviously in reality Dan James isn't one of the cases where we're paying crazy money like martial or sanchez but it does again demonstrate how our negotiators seem oblivious to market rates. Edit: assuming the figure is correct.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Virtually all contracts are performance related, so I am sure it is worth up to 67K a week, but the base is probably lower. Of course we have the armchair experts ready to tear down the club again based off a Mail Online report; and of course their many years running a multi-billion pound company. Wankers.

Really just an reason to bash the club and Woodward in particular. All the criticism would be so much more impactful if it wasn't just relentless and reactionary. It's getting really old.

Twisted_Woody

Scout
Virtually all contracts are performance related, so I am sure it is worth up to 67K a week, but the base is probably lower. Of course we have the armchair experts ready to tear down the club again based off a Mail Online report; and of course their many years running a multi-billion pound company. Wankers.

Really just an reason to bash the club and Woodward in particular. All the criticism would be so much more impactful if it wasn't just relentless and reactionary. It's getting really old.
I'd rather have a cheap flop than a costly one. At least if he turns out to be terrible we don't have to lament 50 million flying out the window.

el3mel

It's a transfer that can go both way. Just hope it's not our only attacking signing this summer. Can't enter the next season depending on a player coming from Championship having a miraculous form and transforming the attack on his own. At least another pretty good signing in the attack is needed.

Stookie

Nurse bell end

Top red alert!

MetoTTT

Agree. Hope he'll do well here. Maybe our board thinks if they offer players high wages, they are more chance to be world class.

Art Vandelay

If we are switching to pressing next season then the sheer speed of him and Rashford will cause teams nightmares as they press. I saw him a few times in the Championship giving defenders and keepers serious problems as they thought they had much more time against him than they really had due to how quickly he closed the space.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
I'll only be ok with this signing if he agrees to change his name to something more of exotic!

Young, dynamic attacking signing, that none of us know much about... I love it, hopefully he comes in and tears it up for us... Best of luck to the lad.

If it goes tits up, well, at least we haven't spunked £80m and £250k a week on him!

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Sorry if this has been answered but can any Swansea fans tell us what to expect from him? And are they upset at losing him?
I just saw their sub on reddit. They're over the moon with 18 mill and they say he has potential and that it's good business for a kid who has had only one good season under his belt.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
I just went onto their forum and they are not even sad to see him leave :lol: one person said he's fast but average.

Cantonagotmehere

I'll only be ok with this signing if he agrees to change his name to something more of exotic!

Young, dynamic attacking signing, that none of us know much about... I love it, hopefully he comes in and tears it up for us... Best of luck to the lad.

If it goes tits up, well, at least we haven't spunked £80m and £250k a week on him!
Right on , mate. Excited to see how he does.

RC89

Always enjoyed signings like this. Not a signing to pin all your hopes on, but with the right development, could become a very useful player.

I know we're in need of starters but always handy having a speed merchant to come off the bench (if he's not ready for first xi)

Scott Buttery

I don't understand the hate for the lad. He's not being announced as the second coming of Jesus, he'll be a option, play a few games. We need more, yes. Stronger quality, yes but this lad could serve us well for 10 years. He gives us explosive pace to change our attacks if needed. Martial, Rashford and James is stupidly quick front 3

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
I just went onto their forum and they are not even sad to see him leave :lol: one person said he's fast but average.
Well if anyone knows what itll take to make it at the top level it will be a bitter Swansea supporter.

We're signing the lad, let's give him a chance and reserve our judgment until he's at least had time to pull on the jersey eh?

Cantonagotmehere

I don't understand the hate for the lad. He's not being announced as the second coming of Jesus, he'll be a option, play a few games. We need more, yes. Stronger quality, yes but this lad could serve us well for 10 years. He gives us explosive pace to change our attacks if needed. Martial, Rashford and James is stupidly quick front 3
People on here love to byatch, it flows their boat.

croadyman

This is what my Swansea supporting mate said on twitter when I asked him about that earlier tonight

I can’t imagine any legitimate Swans fan would believe that. Last season was his first proper season, but his potential & talent is obvious - we’re not happy to see him go, but it’s a good fee for us

Status
Not open for further replies.