Daniel James / signs for Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siorac

This transfer window keeps delivering good news. I also think it might be the first time ever I feel like someone overpaid for one of our players.
Don't forget that Newcastle actually paid real money - actual, real-world currency - for Gabriel Obertan.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Great attitude and never say die attitude, some fans are just spoilt, Atleast there’s a few wishing him well. It was only two days ago he was busting a gut sprinting the length of the field for us overtaking our midfielders to get back and deny a goal being scored.

RedDevilRoshi

We were never gonna sell him for less than we bought him for. He's an international and proven Premier League player with multiple years left on his contract. Any 15-20m fee for him would have to have addons also.
I was just basing it on past experience. In terms of we very rarely make a big profit on players that we are looking to move on. We either sell them for what we bought them for or make a tiny few million loss.

Anyways, I’m glad we have got a good transfer fee for him and good luck to the lad.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Best of luck Daniel, he can say he played and scored for Manchester United. Wish you all the best.

SoCross

Don't they play this guy they signed from City ?
I doubt he will even get in the team ahead of harrison, and definitely not raphinha.

he’s going to be a leeds squad player which sort of tells the story itself.

he had a chance at the top level but it proved he didn’t quite have it. Im glad for once we’ve moved a player on that was clearly not good enough and actually made money on him.
If he brings his Wales NT contribution to Leeds, Bamford is going to have lots of fun. I wager he will displace Harrison. Guess we’ll find out.

Agree about Raphinha though, that guy is untouchable for Leeds.

Alemar

74 matches, 9 goals scored. Thank you for your contributions Daniel.

It’s a good transfer for us in all respects

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Great attitude and never say die attitude, some fans are just spoilt, Atleast there’s a few wishing him well. It was only two days ago he was busting a gut sprinting the length of the field for us overtaking our midfielders to get back and deny a goal being scored.
Hard work is a given at a professional level so doesn't really need to be praised imo. He was never good enough and shouldn't have been signed in the first place. Just like some of SAF's punts. Don't hold anything against him personally and wish him all the best but I'm glad he's going.

The Hilton

Brilliant fee, with Ronaldo coming in (and Sancho having come in over the summer) he'll definitely be struggling for minutes, so seems like a good move for him.

I think he'll be brilliant for Leeds, he's got the speed and fitness to suit their system perfectly, and with the extra space they get he'll improve on his end product too.

Hughie77

Well done lad, hope you get a good stint at Leeds, did well for UTD, its just circumstances your going, gave 100% when he was asked either off the bench or starting, good luck to you . And I think you deserve it, just dont score against UTD, stick one in against pool or city

Jacob

All the best, Dan. You deserve to be at this club more than a fair share of other players still with us.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Says it all that he's joining our bitter rivals but no one really cares and most are wishing him well. Nothing against the kid personally but like others have said just wasn't at the level.

romufc

I am not sure there are many fans that dislike James, he just wasn't cut out for this level.

It shows how much we have improved since he signed, he was a regular starter for us to not even being a bench player.

He got valuable experience in the big games, finals so he will take that and hopefully be a very good player.

I would love to see James do really well for Leeds.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I'm not gonna miss the constant slagging off he gets on here.

Good luck to him hope this will be very good news for Wales in the future, see what he can learn from Bielsa.

Jericholyte2

Like others have said, I have no bad words for the lad. He would always try his hardest but just wasn't at the level we needed. I think we'd all accept he was essentially a stop-gap signing for RW before we got Sancho. Still, the guy had a great moment on his debut, scoring so shortly after his father died, and that was a really emotional moment.

Wish him nothing but the best (apart from when he plays against us!).

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I'd rather sell Martial tbh
At least this one has the will to play
At least Martial has the talent to play for Utd. That’s the first thing every player needs. Dan James never had that! Martial has done far far more for this club yet gets nothing but disrespect.

TrustInJanuzaj

Does anyone think there will be some animosity with him going to Leeds? As a younger fan I don’t even read consider them a rival but surely for some this is a slightly strange move?

MadMike

Does anyone think there will be some animosity with him going to Leeds? As a younger fan I don’t even read consider them a rival but surely for some this is a slightly strange move?
I doubt it. It's not like we wanted to leave against the wishes of the club. He was surplus, put on the transfer market and then Leeds made an offer.

What's he supposed to do, refuse the transfer and sit on the bench? How does this help him or Utd?

Orange Tree

He is a decent option to come off the bench. It's just, he doesn't fit with how we want to play.

I think he will have more joy playing in a mid table side, like Lingard did.

Erictheking7

From the trawler in front of the seagulls.........
I hope the lad does well at Leeds and shows the talent he promised when he first arrived with us. I feel Bielsa will use him in his preferred position on the left and will get the best out of him. I would have rather kept him and shifted Lingard but it's best for Dan's career that he plays more games.

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
Good luck to the lad. His commitment to the team was unquestionable and was a solid squad player. He will do well at Leeds. Overall he was a solid signing for Utd and has moved on for a profit, can't knock that.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Hard work is a given at a professional level so doesn't really need to be praised imo. He was never good enough and shouldn't have been signed in the first place. Just like some of SAF's punts. Don't hold anything against him personally and wish him all the best but I'm glad he's going.
But it’s really not is it. You wouldn’t see many wingers getting back like he did, even if he did lack quality going forward. Teams are built on balance.

Djemba-Djemba

If we're talking about the one where AWB blocks it on the line he got away with fouling that Wolves player at the end of the sprint though! That was a blatant penalty :lol:

I get your point though, whatever people say about his ability you could never question his commitment and work rate. He always gave every bit of energy he had for the cause, fair play to him for that.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
If we're talking about the one where AWB blocks it on the line he got away with fouling that Wolves player at the end of the sprint though! That was a blatant penalty :lol:

I get your point though, whatever people say about his ability you could never question his commitment and work rate. He always gave every bit of energy he had for the cause, fair play to him for that.
It was that one yes :lol:

I think that he thought he’d given the penalty away too by his reaction where he starfish laid there! I panicked tbh. That commitment two days before being sold is why he’s made it to the premier league.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Sky have just said "Ronaldo's arrival has paved the way for Dan James to leave the club."

Yep, no chance we let James leave unless we get somebody of Ronaldo's quality in :lol:

Cloud7

He'll probably look marginally better over there because Bielsa has a good system and probably has some ideas as to how to use him, but I doubt he's ever going to reach the top echelon of players. All the best to him though.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
This would have been the death of me, as it is I'm only limping. Hope Bielsa proves me wrong. Again.
I’m convinced he’ll be good for you and for that money one of the signings of the season. You guys are direct and your manager develops talent. I can see him playing off the left to good effect planting crosses onto Bamford. Winning Raphinia a lot of dangerous frees. Getting ye up the pitch on the counter fast as hell and tracking back all game. A large portion of our online fans are whingers and very short sighted but they are right about one thing. James isn’t great against teams that sit back compact. Nobody sits back against the Leeds pinball machine. Let the madness ensue!

ScarleyUtd

Course a good attitude should be praised. Just as you reserve the right to criticise his relative lack of ability.

Foxbatt

Bielsa is no mug. He must have seen something in him to pay that much to get him.
Hope he does well and become a very good player. Maybe their style and coaching from Bielsa would improve him. Good luck to him. He gives all whenever he plays.

TrustInJanuzaj

I doubt it. It's not like we wanted to leave against the wishes of the club. He was surplus, put on the transfer market and then Leeds made an offer.

What's he supposed to do, refuse the transfer and sit on the bench? How does this help him or Utd?
To be honest, it was more of a hypothetical question. I don't actually think James has done any wrong and in fact, it's a good move for all where I'll wish him well. I just wondered if for some of the older fans who have seen this be a massive rivalry in the past whether or not this move carries any controversy and whether they would boo him on his return for example?

Alemar

Why is there no official confirmation of the transfer from Man Utd? Not much time left

Status
Not open for further replies.