Daniel James / signs for Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giggsy13

Sell James and try to bring in a midfielder before tomorrow. Camavinga, Neves or Bissouma.

hungrywing

One of those players isn’t like the other……
That’s a bit OTT.

Haaland can’t help it if Ronaldo and James’ faces had/have a fair bit of boyish charm while he looks like Picasso and Dali ran over Mr. Potato Head while hauling a dump truck full of Playdoh.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He will do very well there. It’ll be good for him to get away from our toxic fans who expect a cheap young bench/squad player to have a similar output and threat as a starter or else they are “useless” Any player no matter how glamorous needs a solid run of games and trust from the manager to hit form. I personally don’t think it’s possible to hit top form and become confident as a bit part attacking player and as we’ve seen from Sancho you can be anything on paper or youtube but It’s a tough league to come in and score and assist without rhythm. I also think it’s not good for our youth to be sitting around and getting minutes here and there sporadically so I don’t buy the whole “James is taking x’s minutes” when it’s only 1000 broken up minutes. Attacking players need consecutive minutes and trust. If you blank you’re still in for the next one. James had a much better start to life here than Sancho has so far. I’m not saying he’s a better player but if James can go back to what he was showing at the start with some trust from his new manager he can play at a high level and be a nightmare to play against. I can totally see why Leeds are in for him. He could still develop into something good. Cheap wages. Good guy. Best of luck to him.

bosskeano

if we can sell him to Leeds that would be the best choice, fuk the loan shit. We need to recoup some money to hopefully incentive Ole into bringing in a ball playing CM. James isn't going to play or see very limited opportunities so why keep him? same should be said about Martial and Lingard as well.

SeanyC

Afraid United was just a little too much above his skill and expectation level. All the best to him though, Leeds are a fine team

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Good luck to him. Ultimately he's probably not good enough for us but he had his moments. The amount of shit that is said about him on here is over the top and almost performative. I hope he does well wherever he goes and if we can get a decent fee for him then I'm all for it.

Gandalf

Never thought James would make it at United. Yes, he is fast and he tracks back, but if that´s the qualities we need in specific games, just play Dalot instead.
Would like to see evidence of Dalot tracking back. I think Dan is a significantly better defender, probably should have been a wing back and not a winger anyway.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
If James moves before the window closes I think, on balance, it'll be the best for everyone.

He's a good kid but maybe Man Utd was too much too soon for him? Very rarely do I see a kid playing with freedom. He always seems a little bit scared of making a mistake. It happens. A lot of players find it tough to perform under the expectation that comes with being at Man Utd.

You see it with players like Taarabt: At a small club, with no pressure, where you can just express yourself cos nobody expects you to win, they can look amazing. But get them to a big club where the result matters more than what tricks you can do and it all goes south, fast. Ben Foster has talked about how much he hated playing under the pressure of being a United player, I doubt he's the only one.

Maybe in four or five years James will have matured enough to cope with the expectation. Right now though? He'll enjoy himself and his football a lot more at a club that's fine with finishing anywhere above 17th.

Deery

Dreary
Always gives his all, scored some decent goals too but feel he will never be enough for some of our fans, probably for the best he moves to Leeds could see him being a good player there..

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Good professional and had his moments, but there are so many better footballers on United's books. He had to be one of the first to go.

That Tony Martial guy really should be next. He's barely going to feature once Rashford is back and Ronaldo is running things.

lex talionis

James us a likeable lad, a bit limited but a hard worker, but if there’s a chance to get 10-15m right now let’s get the deal done. We’re well stocked now in wide players. Even Pogba looked pretty sharp up front on the left.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It’s bizarre that a player we want to move on has started 2/3 games so far.
Just circumstances, mate.
Ronaldo only just signed.

Cavani and Martial started their season late, Sancho not up to speed, Rashford injured.

Post international break James won't get near it.

Schweinsteiger

Leeds fans were singing “You’re too shit to play for Leeds” at OT last week. :lol:

I like James he’s a good lad. Best of luck to him.

Zoo

United are likely to demand a fee of around £20m for James, who has another three years left on his contract

Noc-Z

ffs
It further highlights the lack of a plan to me though - if he's not part of our plans going forward (and he shouldn't be, unless as a squad option, but we are stacked) then why start him in 2/3 Premier League games so far this season. I hope, as some have suggested, this isn't covering the Ronaldo fee, but will actually contribute to the purchase of a CDM before the deadline.

Zoo

It further highlights the lack of a plan to me though - if he's not part of our plans going forward (and he shouldn't be, unless as a squad option, but we are stacked) then why start him in 2/3 Premier League games so far this season. I hope, as some have suggested, this isn't covering the Ronaldo fee, but will actually contribute to the purchase of a CDM before the deadline.
Because he's fully fit and tactically a useful option. There was no way that he was going remain in the team with others finding form and fitness.

Deery

Dreary
Put him in the shop window maybe?

Drainy

Sancho missed pre season, Elanga is injured, Rashford has just had surgery, Martial has been considered a striker.

Now Ronaldo comes in and Cavani is back we can expect to see more of Martial out wide and Sancho being introduced, along with Elanga likely being promoted to the developmental role.

It makes sense why you'd play a fit player over rusty ones.

Noc-Z

ffs
Sancho missed pre season, Elanga is injured, Rashford has just had surgery, Martial has been considered a striker.

Now Ronaldo comes in and Cavani is back we can expect to see more of Martial out wide and Sancho being introduced, along with Elanga likely being promoted to the developmental role.

It makes sense why you'd play a fit player over rusty ones.
I accept that point to an extent. The only big difference is Ronaldo coming in though. If James is the one to go, play Mata, play Lingard, play Pellistri, put Van de Beek in the starting 11. If Sancho isn't fit, then start with him and then bring on Elanga when he tires, if he's the one we want to develop. I just can't see how a player goes from starting two out of 3 premier league games to....not good enough - sold. If he's not good enough he shouldn't be starting those games. We have other options who will still be on our books.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Right move.

Was worth a gamble from us, but aside from the start of this season with players being back late/unavailable, he's not going to get a look in here on in.

Noc-Z

ffs
The chat on the Leeds forum now reflects James quality, most don't want him - he'd have been OK in the Championship but has no end product being amongst the most constructive points, £20M for that donkey!? Being amongstt the most negative!

Matriac

I accept that point to an extent. The only big difference is Ronaldo coming in though. If James is the one to go, play Mata, play Lingard, play Pellistri, put Van de Beek in the starting 11. If Sancho isn't fit, then start with him and then bring on Elanga when he tires, if he's the one we want to develop. I just can't see how a player goes from starting two out of 3 premier league games to....not good enough - sold. If he's not good enough he shouldn't be starting those games. We have other options who will still be on our books.
James fit us well against Leeds to make them worried about his speed (and remind them of why he would fit their team). Against Wolves he was very useful defensively to help AWB cover Traore while our midfield was hampered by McT. recovering from surgery, and Varane/Maguire partnership having never been tested in a match before.

We thought it made sense to keep James as a squad player while Amad goes out on loan. But with Amad having to stay due to injury, and Ronaldo coming in. There's less need for James for the rest of the season, even if he has been a decent squad player. Ole says he wants to keep him, but the club is considering to sell him, if so I hope that's to help fund a deal for another defensive midfielder to come in to balance us a bit more, if not then I hope James stays.

Drainy

The chat on the Leeds forum now reflects James quality, most don't want him - he'd have been OK in the Championship but has no end product being amongst the most constructive points, £20M for that donkey!? Being amongstt the most negative!
Well in fairness, I reckon Bielsa knows better than a load of inbreds.

Status
Not open for further replies.