Daniel Sturridge charged by FA with misconduct over alleged betting breaches | Handed worldwide football ban until June 2020

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
So a large bet was made for him to move to a club he didn't even end up at? Damn, now I kinda hope he is fully responsible :lol: Would be pretty funny.

I wonder what odds he'd get on that though? Surely no bookies would give him more than 50/1 (and even that's generous), so even if he put £10k on it it'd not even be a months wages (last I checked he was on £150k a week with us). If he's really that greedy, then sod him, really.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
It sounds like Sturridge has told someone he's off to Inter. That person or a mate of that person has put a massive bet on that happening. Sturridge has then gone to West Brom instead. Punter is pissed off that he's lost a ton of money and now wants Sturridge punished.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
So his cousin who has a 'modest' income bets £10,000 on Sturridge to Inter just days before he joins West Brom. Savage if true :lol:

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
So his cousin who has a 'modest' income bets £10,000 on Sturridge to Inter just days before he joins West Brom. Savage if true :lol:
I hope Danny gave him the money back :lol:

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
He's clearly got wind of the fact his cousin put a big bet on him moving to Inter so Sturridge thought he'd better move to West Brom to avoid this case happening.

It's the only way to explain someone choosing to play in the Midlands rather than Milan.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
What a tw*t Sturridge has become.
No character, no backbone, no pride.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If a player chats to a family member, about a move they might make, that's surely reasonable.

If the relative then goes and puts a huge bet on, outside of the player's knowledge, that surely isn't their fault?

A girl at work has a sister married to a huge name ex Premier league player who has coaching and management experience.
We're always half jokingly asking her to reveal his next move early doors. :lol:

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
I don't understand why the FA are going after him for the bets about his transfer, match bets yes, for obvious reasons but a bet over a transfer cannot in anyway be considered match fixing, bookies should be upset, maybe its illegal I don't know but there is nothing in those bets the FA should be looking at

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I don't understand why the FA are going after him for the bets about his transfer, match bets yes, for obvious reasons but a bet over a transfer cannot in anyway be considered match fixing, bookies should be upset, maybe its illegal I don't know but there is nothing in those bets the FA should be looking at
For me, it's like insider trading. Shouldn't be allowed.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
For me, it's like insider trading. Shouldn't be allowed.
except no one is forcing the bookies to offer odds on all these side markets like transfers and sack race, the Stock Market is a financial necessity