Danilo (Palmeiras)

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Does anyone know anything about him?

We've been linked now for a few months, and apparently were trying to bring him in at the end of the last window. However Palmeiras weren't going to sell at that point of their season.

He's a 21 year old deep lying midfielder from my understanding.

Has anyone watched him play?

SparkedIntoLife

Yep. He’s very similar to Kante but better in the air. He’s like a magnet to the ball - intercepts everything, works incredibly hard, clearances and headers away galore. He’s OK going forward. Very athletic and direct.

He will be a beast of a midfielder for the next decade. Having said all this, my hunch is that he isn’t good enough in possession to be the type of player ETH will target. I may well be wrong.

Edit - Sorry, have just seen that you’re an Arsenal fan. I can see this one happening with Edu probably a massive fan of his. He’ll be class for you. Left footed too.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Abel Ferreira made a great job by helping talented players who were underrated to flourish in the tactical and technical aspects of the game. Danilo and Scarpa are two amazing midfielders for different reasons.

Andersons Dietician

Feck Arsenal, a video of him just popped up on YouTube feed and if he does the things he does consistently in this clip then I want. Add him to the shopping list with Enzo.
Spraying it with either foot, passing through the lines, beating people, dispossessing people I want him at United.

But yeah anyone watched much of him to give a more accurate opinion of what he’s like because going off the YouTube video looks like he should be talked about more.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Feck Arsenal, a video of him just popped up on YouTube feed and if he does the things he does consistently in this clip then I want. Add him to the shopping list with Enzo.
Spraying it with either foot, passing through the lines, beating people, dispossessing people I want him at United.

But yeah anyone watched much of him to give a more accurate opinion of what he’s like because going off the YouTube video looks like he should be talked about more.

Been watching his videos since he was linked with us and my principal interest now is to see if he's as good as his videos show him to be, whether thats at Arsenal or at any other EPL club (only watch the EPL).

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
If we get Harry Kane and Arsenal Mudryk and Danilo, it’s not good. This is exactly the type of signing we should be doing.

PoTMS

I'm not really seeing this "generational talent" everybody keeps talking about. Did decently well and scored against Ghana, but yesterday he wasn't good at all. I'd say the least useful Portugal player on the pitch. He isn't bad, just meh. Falls on the ground with suspicious ease. He will get slaughtered in the Premier League. His best bet is to remain in La Liga at a different club or head for Seria A. Could do well there, similar to Lukaku.
That's not the same Danilo. There's two Danilo's in the World Cup and he is neither. The Portuguese Danilo wasn't even playing yesterday.

Telsim

That's not the same Danilo. There's two Danilo's in the World Cup and he is neither. The Portuguese Danilo wasn't even playing.
I'm actually an idiot. This was meant for the Joao Felix thread... :houllier: Request it be moved or deleted.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
Lots of rumours he will go to Arsenal... Are we missing a gem here?
Let’s develop the Garnachos and Mainoo we have first. Let’s give Iqbal games. Let’s get Sancho in groove. Antony has barely played 10 games. These are all under 25 yr olds. We still have Hansen, Gore and a few others that will be good enough eventually.

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
Let’s develop the Garnachos and Mainoo we have first. Let’s give Iqbal games. Let’s get Sancho in groove. Antony has barely played 10 games. These are all under 25 yr olds. We still have Hansen, Gore and a few others that will be good enough eventually.
Iqbal has never shown enough at youth level to think he will be good enough, also there is 0 guarantee that Hansen, Gore and others will ever even make their debut for us.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
Iqbal has never shown enough at youth level to think he will be good enough, also there is 0 guarantee that Hansen, Gore and others will ever even make their debut for us.
We will never know if we don’t give them a chance that’s for sure. Iqbal not showing anything at youth level doesn’t mean he can’t cut it at a high level. Many players have developed late and he has the raw skill and Ten Hag likes him and I’m sure will give him a chance soon. But buying all these “gems” will make sure all the investment and work we’ve done at youth level and being the FA Youth Cup defending champions useless.

wolvored

Mainoo looks the real deal in utd reserve videos and should either be loaned out or given minutes here and there with the first team

The Urban Goose

Forest supporting friends are raving about him after his debut today. If we're talking longer term Casemiro successors, he's one to keep an eye on.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Tim Vickery thinks we’ve pulled off a massive coup getting him. He’s here on a 6 year deal too. It looks like Scarpa had a little bit to do with getting this done. He made a great start for us, came on at halftime for a virus hit Yates and got up to speed quickly, he’s not the biggest but a bit of a pit bull in the tackle, great passing accuracy and started the move for Surridge’s equaliser. This was after a long flight, 5 days training and no English. Cooper has got the team leaning Portuguese!

The Urban Goose

Mark this one, I'm told he's almost single-handedly dragging Forest to safety. If they stay up he'll be one to watch closely next season.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Mark this one, I'm told he's almost single-handedly dragging Forest to safety. If they stay up he'll be one to watch closely next season.
Who’s told you that! Yatesy does the dragging, Danilo scores a goal a game.