Danny Drinkwater

RochaRoja

The Drinkwater transfer was just bizarre all round. It’s one of those transfers that really makes you question what football directors are doing and if they really have a clue. You could pretty much have asked any football fan if Drinkwater for £40m to Chelsea would be a success and nearly everyone would’ve given the same response. Never anywhere near good enough.

Bojan11

£35m...

People keep going on about Fred in the media. But nobody mentions how much Chelsea wasted on this guy.

ArjenIsM3

What a knob, there's no excuse for DUI but when you have a name like that surely you'd be extra careful :lol:

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
DD: Danny drink...water?
A caring loving adult: Yes Danny, drink water.

And yes Danny Drinkwater speaks like The Hulk

Trizy

Once again another pro footballer is caught drink driving. I'll ask the same question I asked for Rooney and Lloris; why can't they afford a fecking taxi?!?!

Needham

Just checked wikipedia and can't believe his middle name is fukoffillnever.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Actually feel bad for him. We've never given him a chance, ridiculous transfer. Not surprising he's getting in trouble stuck training with no purpose.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Actually feel bad for him. We've never given him a chance, ridiculous transfer. Not surprising he's getting in trouble stuck training with no purpose.
Yeah that totally excuses drink driving. Chelsea FC should be sanctioned for this.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah that totally excuses drink driving. Chelsea FC should be sanctioned for this.
Doesn't excuse drink driving.

Just not surprising he's got in trouble. His situation can't be good for his mental state.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Why should they?
Sanctioned for what?
Wooosh.

Drink-driving is top-tier twattery, so he gets no sympathy from me in any form whatsoever. I'd say that the FA could do more to stop this from happening by banning players caught drink-driving for a few games, but in Drinkwater's case, that'd make zero difference :houllier:

Member 115509

Sadly, I think this must be the first time in a while that DD has been mentioned in any news, he seems to have literally disappeared since his move to Chelsea, not sure if he has even made the bench much at all since he has been there.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I reckon he just did it for the memes. :rolleyes:

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
£35m...

People keep going on about Fred in the media. But nobody mentions how much Chelsea wasted on this guy.
Chelsea were stupid to get him..that Leicester winning side was fundamentally composed of only 3 stars..Kante,Mahrez, and Vardy. Everyone else tagged along (not literally) and drink water was one of them. I am not even sure if Drinkwater would start at his old club right now...

Not sure what games you watched but Fred has been absolutely, majestically, wonderful.
You need to drink more water instead of the buckfast. Got sober! Fred has never been wonderful in a Utd shirt. Best I can say is that he’s shown patches of potential, which for a kid would be fine, not a £50+ International player who is 25!

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

"The attack on a Drinkwater left him with torn ankle ligaments that could keep him out of action for up to four weeks, it was claimed."

Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Can’t even remember creating this threa, in fact I genuinely forgot he existed. True to the word of Eamon Dunphy, a “nothing player”. £40 million though.

Robbie Boy

To be fair he's actually a pretty fine player, the fact he's English, plays for Leicester and has a name you'd expect in Coronation Street probably taints peoples opinion on him. Watching him play he's a hard grafter, decent on the ball and has great vision (check out some of his through balls for Vardy)

If he was called Fernandez/Morvoux/Bratwurstinger and played in Spain/France/Germany some would rave about him being a hidden gem. Guarantee it. Already seeing Liverpool fans wax lyrical about Seri, a few days ago none of them had fecking heard of the guy.
This didn’t age well.