Danny Ings | Performances

tomaldinho1

18 goals for that Southampton team is really impressive - his issue has just been with injuries and I don't think any big club will think he's worth the risk.

I see him a top PL striker, he's great at finishing, good on the press and runs himself into the ground every game. If he can stay fit, would be a fairy-tale if he can win the golden boot.

edcunited1878

If he stayed at Liverpool, do people think that team would be better or worse off than Firmino starting?

Seems like he's better off than Southampton's level, but then again he's playing regularly, he's the main guy and he's playing really well. Think he should be content on playing week in, week out as a first choice player and being the focal point of attack for a mid-table club without the sort of pressure a title challenging/European club brings.

Pav1878

Wouldn't mind as a backup striker, would be good to see an ex Liverpool player bang in the goals for us, especially against them. But I don't see him coming here to warm the bench.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Not only is finishing but his work rate is top notch.

If Arsenal lose Auba they should be all over him

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Can understand his decision to leave for regular football but Liverpool must be rueing leaving him go so easily. He’d be pushing Firmino out of the team in this current form (and before anyone says it, yes, they do play slightly different roles but Ings works even harder than Firmino in the defensive striker role so I have no doubt he’d make it work).

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Scoring a ton for a team like Southampton, who from the little ive seen - aren’t exactly a very attacking/creative side (I maybe wrong though - haven’t checked stats?) is a great achievement. In wonder if he’ll be able to replicate this form next season.

luke511

Don't think he would come here to be a squad player. Also has he always been this good?
Yeah, he spearheaded Dyche's first promotion with Burnley, followed by an equally impressive debut season in the prem in a low scoring side. Lack of gametime after the Liverpool move plus the injury was a big hindrence. People saying this could be a one off season, this is just him getting back on course really, definitely his best season so far mind.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Very good player. Bit of underrated.

Wouldn't be bad if we sign him.

Bennz McCarthey17

Supports
Africa
Ings aside, did I just see that Southampton have a young South African midfielder in their team, a Chauke or something? :drool: .

I might have to buy a Southampton Jersey soon even if he's shit!.

Tarrou

That was honestly one of the best finishes I’ve ever seen

Such a difficult technique to get that right

troylocker

That was honestly one of the best finishes I’ve ever seen

Such a difficult technique to get that right
If it was a finish and not a missed cross to Stephens/Bednarek, which I think it was. You love to see them go in either way though. Good striker, but not United quality.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He was superb last night. His all round game has improved massively as well. Seems to just taken every aspect of his game up a level.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Reminds me of Kane in many ways. Great striker, would you sign him? Surely he couldn't be any worse than Martial.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Always really liked him, but the moment we sign him again he'll be out with an injury for two years. No thanks.