Danny Ings | Performances

bio202

Supports
liverpool
Thiago Alcantara is the only player i can think of, that has shows his best form after a double knee injury.
I was just thinking that. There's not many that make it back to full fitness.

I'm not sure but are these injuries as bad as a leg break? Gutted for the lad. :(:(

On the flip side his bird looks like she will ease a lot of the pain.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Strootman is doing it as well. Also, Thiago's weren't season ending injuries if I'm not mistaken.
Thiago's first one was definitely season ending. He was out for almost a year. I can't remember how long his second injury was.

bucky

Thiago's first one was definitely season ending. He was out for almost a year. I can't remember how long his second injury was.
I meant injuries that would take longer to recover than 6 months, like ACL tears. I think his wasn't as severe as Strootman's for example, but he was rushed back and injured his knee again. Could be wrong though.

bio202

Supports
liverpool
I meant injuries that would take longer to recover than 6 months, like ACL tears. I think his wasn't as severe as Strootman's for example, but he was rushed back and injured his knee again. Could be wrong though.
Didn't RVN have this injury? Seem to remember seeing him in absolute agony when training. Is this the same injury and anyone remember how long he was out?

Lurpak99

Buttered up
This post is out of order.
I would like to see the rationale behind this post... do you really believe he got injured on purpose to earn money for nothing?
What kind of a fecking idiot are you?
Unless this is some absolute master stroke of dry or gallows humour, than I put it to you sir, that perhaps you are describing yourself in your first line. With all due respect n all that.
People abuse Jones every time he gets injured like he's during it on purpose. I'm just trying to be a little bit sarcastic by blasting Ings too for now being injured for almost two straight seasons. In reality I feel sorry for him, just like I do for Jones.

stu_1992

Not often I'd have much sympathy for a Liverpool player, but this sucks. Terrible stuff to get another shit injury after just coming back from one. Is there anything worse for a footballer? Probably not.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Poor guy, tough as nails but made of matchsticks. By the time he gets regular PL games he'll be way behind the curve. Probably end up with a decent career back at Burnley.

Screwed any notion of selling Studge. We'll be trying a bit harder to sign a talented forward ourselves (not necessarily an out and out striker).

Camilo

Poor fecker.

Still, at least it's the other leg. Just bad luck really...

MounchesterUtd

Terrible luck. Wish he can stay healthy as he's a nice throwback player to watch (as long as it's against United though).

ZDwyr

Terribly unlucky. Good thing it is the other knee though. If he dedicates himself to the rehab and has the motivation to get back I am sure he will. Probably won't be the same player you would think, but it'd be good to see him get back and play a few seasons at least.

pascell

Didn't RVN have this injury? Seem to remember seeing him in absolute agony when training. Is this the same injury and anyone remember how long he was out?
He did indeed the season before we signed him. Depending on the severity but I think Ruud was out for 9-10 months.

Wooly Red

Supports
Liverpool
Dammit! I was so hoping he'd come good this season. I hope he recovers from this and comes back next season stronger.

Rossa

Not often I'd have much sympathy for a Liverpool player, but this sucks. Terrible stuff to get another shit injury after just coming back from one. Is there anything worse for a footballer? Probably not.
Seeing as footballers are also human beings, I would guess and hope there are far worse things in this world, even for them.

Walters_19_MuFc

Carrying Soton this season. He's always been a goalscorer. Had that unfortunate injury which set him back a bit, but he's always been a good player. Nice to see him banging them in again.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
He sure had more than enough injuries when he joined us, the guys turned into Wolverine for them annoyingly, I wish he was on loan or we had put in a buy back clause. Klopp didn't want him to leave but knew he just wanted to play. 20m is looking like a bargain for Southampton now when everyone questioned how we were managing to get 20m for him in the first place.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I really liked him at Burnley and thought he'd go up another level at Liverpool. I'm happy, and not that surprised, to see him playing as well as he has been doing.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I love seeing a good comeback story. Ings was definitely good enough back at Burnley to fully deserve his move to Liverpool. He was a good buy, and always looked to have real quality.

I felt, though, that after his disaster injury-blighted spell at Anfield that he was going to be one of “those” players.

You know the ones, that slowly drift down the leagues, picking up big salaries. I thought he would be average at Southampton, maybe still injury hit, and the next move would be the likes of Stoke taking a punt on him and him floating into obscurity. It would have been a real pity, but not uncommon.

It’s great to see him back and firing and playing well. It must be so easy for motivation to leave you after so long out and big contracts in your pocket. It’s a real credit to him that he is coming back so well.

MalcolmTucker

All the exotic talent in the premier league and it's 3 Englishmen that lead the goalscoring charts :lol:

Vardy retired in 2018, but told Southgate he'd consider coming back if there's an injury crisis.
If Kane is out, then Vardy will play in the Euros, with the likelihood that most England games are at Wembley, he will definitely come out of retirement if he’s likely to play.

like many players, he retired because there’s little point going away for internationals and playing 10-15 mins every now and again at his age.

izec

If Kane is out, then Vardy will play in the Euros, with the likelihood that most England games are at Wembley, he will definitely come out of retirement if he’s likely to play.

like many players, he retired because there’s little point going away for internationals and playing 10-15 mins every now and again at his age.
He has a baby as well now, so i guess he would rather stay at home and take care of it and spend some useful family time

He has a baby as well now, so i guess he would rather stay at home and take care of it and spend some useful family time
indeed. But it’s essentially a home tournament, and if he’s a starter for the Euros, then that’s going to get him on the bus.