Danny Ings | Performances

RedTiger

Half mast
Yes. Start of.
:lol:

Seriously though, we do need a back-up striker but would Ings really be any better than Ighalo in that role? I'm from Bournemouth and watched Ings play for Bournemouth a decade back and truthfully I liked him but in the present Ighalo offers the same.

If we're gonna go for a striker them I think we should bring in Richarlison to compete with Martial, not a "back-up" striker.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I'd happily have him back as back up for our front three. He's quality and a great lad.

If he wins the golden boot he'd be the first non 'Big 6' player to do so since Kevin Phillips for Sunderland in 99/00 if my quick Wikipedia check is correct. Phillips was also the last to do it for a club that finished outside the top 6. Seriously impressive stuff from Ings, deadly from the top of the box. Shame he couldn't do in Arsenal. Happy for him after all those injuries, seems like a nice lad.

TheReligion

Abusive
He really isn’t great at all. I don’t rate him at all, but to be fair on him he’s had a good season so does deserve credit for that.
I think he's been fantastic given his injury woes. He's stayed fit for the season and really delivered at a Southampton team that's struggled early on. His finishing is superb.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I think he's been fantastic given his injury woes. He's stayed fit for the season and really delivered at a Southampton team that's struggled early on. His finishing is superb.
I’d agree this season but can you really start that for the rest of his career. Seems like a purple patch rather than true form.

TheReligion

Abusive
I’d agree this season but can you really start that for the rest of his career. Seems like a purple patch rather than true form.
Surely over a full season it can't be a purple patch? That said we did have similar from the likes of Michu in the past.

I wonder if he'd be willing to move somewhere bigger even if this place wasn't guaranteed or if he'd sooner play more regularly at a smaller club.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
From memory he started off well at Liverpool but then had those two horrendous injuries that cost him much chance of impressing Klopp. Could've taken up the role Origi has done in recent seasons.

Got to think he's moved ahead of likes of Calum Wilson as that 4th striker in the England squad.

Untd55

Shame he gets so many injuries, which has sort of spoiled his career. I think he would have been a success at Liverpool if he stayed fit.

He did quite well for Liverpool at the start of last season - 7 goals in his first 13 games last season. Too many injuries. If he stayed fit at Liverpool, he would have scored a lot of goals.

I have no doubt he is capable of scoring this number every season, but he will get injured again.

He is a lot better than Origi when fit.

paulscholes18

Scores goals when fit, 18 league goals. We’ve not had anyone who’s scored 18+ League goals since SAF retired.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Scores goals when fit, 18 league goals. We’ve not had anyone who’s scored 18+ League goals since SAF retired.
In fairness, Martial and Rashford both have 7 games to do that, they're only 4 off.

croadyman

I would say the fourth striker spot in those euros next summer is between him & Calvert-Lewin if he has another good season of course.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
:lol:

Seriously though, we do need a back-up striker but would Ings really be any better than Ighalo in that role? I'm from Bournemouth and watched Ings play for Bournemouth a decade back and truthfully I liked him but in the present Ighalo offers the same.

If we're gonna go for a striker them I think we should bring in Richarlison to compete with Martial, not a "back-up" striker.
My personal view is Richarlson is massively over rated while Ings is massively underrated. My only concerns about signing Ings would be his injury record and whether or not he has Liverpool blood running through his veins...but if we did sign him, I wouldn't be surprised to see him push Martial for a starting spot...

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
His attitude on the pitch is very good, works his socks off for the team and scores many goals. 18 league goals, 1 behind top scorer and none of them are penalties. I hope he wins the golden boot if none of our players are in the race.

Bondi77

I think Ole is just waiting til Jan so he can get Josh King at a really low price.

Mcking

I think Ole is just waiting til Jan so he can get Josh King at a really low price.
Don't think so. I imagine Ighalo's contract would be extended if he keeps playing and scoring here and there. We likely won't be signing another striker anytime soon, especially not King.
I'm a big fan of Ings though and would like us to keep an eye on him. He combines insane workrate with top class finishing.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
His only issue is staying fit, having two dehabilitating injuries back to back when you’ve just moved to a new club let alone a big one would kill off anyone. His career here was effectively over before it started. The half season he played before he got injured for us the first time was excellent and it wasn’t exactly the greatest Liverpool side.

I think if he carries on this form next season then he’d be a great buy. If I was Leicester fan he’d be top of my list for the summer even. He has the technical ability as well as tenacity and work rate to play for bigger sides.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's on fire at the moment. Whether he will keep it up next season is hard to know, but he has it all as a modern striker. Work rate, pace and a great finisher.

Glad he's managed to hit his top form after some horrible injuries.

iHicksy

I think the people who are slagging him off are doing so based on reputation, name, being ex liverpool but most importantly haven't actually watched him this season. I took an interest in him when putting him into my FF team half way through the season and started watching Southampton games and he's been an absolute beast up front. He's not scoring easy taps in either. The goals he's scoring are the ones where he's receiving the ball, opens his body up and creates half a yard of space and rifles it into the net. His accuracy, ability to create space and score goals from pretty much any angle outside the box have been very very impressive. He looks quick too.

On this season's form and ability alone he would get into most of the top 6. He's certainly good enough to play for us. I sometimes think it's funny when posters defend the likes of Lukaku, Lingard etc but then absolutely dismiss out of hand a striker who is miles ahead of them in terms of output and ability in their position because he's not a "name". I'm not sure if it's FIFA mentality or what. The only question is if he can keep the form up over a couple of seasons now he's back fit and if the step up to a bigger club would effect him mentally. I don't know much about his time at liverpool other than he was riddled with injuries. He'd be a great main striker for the likes of Chelsea or Arsenal. He'd be a backup here with Martial in red hot form and I actually really like what the Igloo offers up top but please don't discount him based on talent alone, as a striker he's got everything we would want.