Danny Loader

Walters_19_MuFc

Manchester United are one of several Premier League clubs considering a bid for Reading's talented young striker Danny Loader, Sky Sports News understands.

The forward, who saw a Deadline Day move to join Wolves fall through last summer, is out of contract at the end of the season and the report adds that talks on a renewal with the Royals have stalled.

As such, a move in January is heavily tipped to go ahead in order for Reading to receive a higher fee for his services.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...-several-premier-league-clubs-also-interested

https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/18/manc...g-move-reading-striker-danny-loader-11176865/

Last edited:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Is he a striker? He has scored 1 goal in 29 games for Reading, those numbers don't seem promising..

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He was brilliant at youth level. Saw him give us the run around once too, and he was one of the youngest on the pitch that day if I recall.

prateik

Sounds like reading trying to get a transfer fee before he leaves for a small compensation fee in the summer..

A United link is the easiest way to get the name out there.

Suvvernmanc

As someone who lives close to Reading, and is surrounded by Reading fans I can tell you now that this is a nothing story. Loader is a good young player, nothing more. The talk of a PL move is surprising enough let alone a move to UTD or any other top PL team.

I've been to the Madjeski twice this season and hes not stood out at all.

lysglimt

Scout
I can only picture it - first time he misses a lot of chances, the tabloids will write "Loader shooting blanks" or something like that

drdoityourself

Sounds like a Bob the Builder spin off. Seems a weird link, 1 goal for Reading, I think no goals in eight with the u20s. Can't imagine it's anything other than dropping our name in there to get a transfer fee before his contract runs out.