Danny Welbeck | Arsenal player

Status
Not open for further replies.

finneh

And yet he still continues to do the business on the international stage

Go figure

Personally I still think his style of play would benefit our side in certain games, particularly his pace, and ability to stretch play
Against the mighty Lithuania, Slovenia & San Marino. Actually judging by your criteria of being fast, performing well against poor International teams and the ability to "stretch play" maybe we should be looking at Andros Townsend in the Summer.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
it feels like you're more interested in Welbeck doing well than your own club, either that, or shockingly, you're on another WUM.
I have absolutely no idea how those posts can ever give off the impression I want Welbeck to do better than united.

Cina

I have absolutely no idea how those posts can ever give off the impression I want Welbeck to do better than united.
Obviously I'm exaggerating, but you do seem to still have some sort of weird affiliation for him. You're always the first to gloat whenever he does something good (rarely, so much for predicting he'd score more than all three of our strikers, eh?), and now you're getting annoyed that, shockingly, people are happy that he's not doing as well as others had anticipated for our direct rivals. I just don't know why you're desperate for him to succeed, or happy when he does? It seems like another case of you just trying to go against the grain to annoy people in a thread.

How come you haven't made another 'vindicated' thread anyway? Hehe.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Obviously I'm exaggerating, but you do seem to still have some sort of weird affiliation for him. You're always the first to gloat whenever he does something good (rarely, so much for predicting he'd score more than all three of our strikers, eh?), and now you're getting annoyed that, shockingly, people are happy that he's not doing as well as others had anticipated for our direct rivals. I just don't know why you're desperate for him to succeed, or happy when he does? It seems like another case of you just trying to go against the grain to annoy people in a thread.

How come you haven't made another 'vindicated' thread anyway? Hehe.
Cina, calling Welbecks celebration "odious" or being delighted that he isn't starting is definitely more against the grain than my opinions on the lad.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Have to say, I would definitely be pleased if Welbeck turns out to be a flop at Arsenal. It would make my predictions of future greatness completely wrong but I would far rather be wrong on an internet forum than see Arsenal get one over on us. Feck that for a game of soldiers.

SirAF

Ageist
Cina, calling Welbecks celebration "odious" or being delighted that he isn't starting is definitely more against the grain than my opinions on the lad.
Obviously not. He's playing for a direct rival - no United fan in their right mind would like to see him do well.

And yes, for a self-professed die hard Man. United fan the celebration was "odious".

Cina

Did I say it wasn't? The point is you're still actively defending him at every possible opportunity, though, and whenever he does something good you usually say something like..
Think we'd look better as a team with him here.
Why do you care so much? I think it's obvious now that he had no place at our club, that he wasn't good enough, and that he's not good enough for Arsenal either. He wouldn't get near our current team, for example.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Did I say it wasn't? The point is you're still actively defending him at every possible opportunity, though, and whenever he does something good you usually say something like..

Why do you care so much? I think it's obvious now that he had no place at our club, that he wasn't good enough, and that he's not good enough for Arsenal either. He wouldn't get near our current team, for example.

I disagree with that. I'd have him over Falcao and RVP. that's not wumming. If he doesn't go on to be a good player for arsenal I'll be wrong but I don't think we can say either way yet. At the moment he's not playing for the form team of the league. Not sure who from our front players arsenal would want.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Against the mighty Lithuania, Slovenia & San Marino. Actually judging by your criteria of being fast, performing well against poor International teams and the ability to "stretch play" maybe we should be looking at Andros Townsend in the Summer.
You've always had an agenda when it came to Welbeck so best that we just agree to disagree

Cina

I disagree with that. I'd have him over Falcao and RVP. that's not wumming. If he doesn't go on to be a good player for arsenal I'll be wrong but I don't think we can say either way yet. At the moment he's not playing for the form team of the league. Not sure who from our front players arsenal would want.
Maybe, but we'll get a better footballer than Danny Welbeck to replace them this summer, that's for sure. Pogue put it quite rightly above there, I just don't get why people here are still so stuck up on him, why the feck would you want him to come good? It's mental.

SirAF

Ageist
Hmmm... What about wanting someone to do well at a direct CL rival? Methinks you're applying double standards here.
Not at all, how does Ronaldo doing well for Real implicate us in a season where we don't even compete? I obviously wanted to see him fail spectacularly when he played against us in 2013. And when we are competing in the CL again, I would of course like to see Real be knocked out as soon as possible to make out competition potentially easier for us.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Maybe, but we'll get a better footballer than Danny Welbeck to replace them this summer, that's for sure. Pogue put it quite rightly above there, I just don't get why people here are still so stuck up on him, why the feck would you want him to come good? It's mental.
Because he's obsessed with him.

You're literally obsessed with him.
Well yes I really like Danny and think he's class. I will be in here when he's doing well as he's a player who I feel a strong emotive feeling for. I feel gutted when he does well, whereas today I'm just buzzing we got three points.

I probably am hypocritical when it comes to football. I think everyone is.
Thought he did well. I wish we had him here.
Thought he did well yesterday. Would still like him here. Thought he'd have scored more than he has..
Man, no wonder people think I overrate him if you can look at that performance yesterday and give it a 6. He created a goal, had the next best chance for Arsenal which he made himself and was brilliant at using his pace to get Arsenal up the pitch. Yesterday his creativity and ability to run with the ball was exactly what I wish someone at United would do this year.
He's our lad. Most Manc lads will have some affinity for him. Not clapping him would have been a wankers move.
Honestly no one in the whole footballing world thinks it makes us an arse. It shows actually how great our fanbase is.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Not at all, how does Ronaldo doing well for Real implicate us in a season where we don't even compete? I obviously wanted to see him fail spectacularly when he played against us in 2013.
He's the best player at one of the teams most likely to deny us our next CL title. Stands to reason it would be good news for us if his career goes to shit. The sooner the better. Yet I suspect that's not something that would make you happy in the slightest. So its a bit rich to criticise someone else for not taking any pleasure in another ex-United player struggling. It's not as though Arsenal are being hurt by it anyway.

SirAF

Ageist
He's the best player at one of the teams most likely to deny us our next CL title. Stands to reason it would be good news for us if his career goes to shit. The sooner the better. Yet I suspect that's not something that would make you happy in the slightest.
Read my edit.

(and it is really not comparable either way)

Crackers

greasy ginfers
He's the best player at one of the teams most likely to deny us our next CL title. Stands to reason it would be good news for us if his career goes to shit. The sooner the better. Yet I suspect that's not something that would make you happy in the slightest.
Agreed, anyone who likes a player that played for us to a point that they want them to do quite well(after they've left), is reaching mad winger levels of obsession.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Read my edit.

(and it is really not comparable either way)
I edited my post too.

The bottom line is, Madrid and Arsenal are both rivals. One domestically and one in Europe. It's in our interest for both Welbeck and Ronaldo to do poorly at their current clubs. You can't have a go at someone for refusing to wish ill on Welbeck while being such a massive fan of Ronaldo. I hope they both go to shit, personally, but have some sympathy with people who want all our ex-players to do well. It's the picking and choosing I don't get.

SirAF

Ageist

The bottom line is, Madrid and Arsenal are both rivals. One domestically and one in Europe. It's in our interest for both Welbeck and Ronaldo to do poorly at their current clubs. You can't have a go at someone for refusing to wish ill on Welbeck while being such a massive fan of Ronaldo. I hope they both go to shit, personally, but have some sympathy with people who want all our ex-players to do well. It's the picking and choosing I don't get.
Aye, I saw it.

My main argument here is:

Arsenal directly implicates us with every single match they play, Real is only implicating us if we are drawn against them. I see your point, and respect it but I don't agree.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Well then it's a good thing you picked a club that ensured you would never have to experience any real ups and downs supporting them. I bet you root for the house in blackjack.
That's a bit shallow, isn't it? You don't know why he started supporting United, so why do you think he's some glory hunter? What if it's because he likes how United play or some player? As for ups and downs, we've had our fair few over the past 30 years.

SirAF

Ageist
Well then it's a good thing you picked a club that ensured you would never have to experience any real ups and downs supporting them. I bet you root for the house in blackjack.
:lol:

I would call you out for calling me a glory hunter, but I can't be arsed. I've been a part of this for 17 years, and I ain't going away.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
That's a bit shallow, isn't it? You don't know why he started supporting United, so why do you think he's some glory hunter? What if it's because he likes how United play or some player? As for ups and downs, we've had our fair few over the past 30 years.
I didn't say why he did. I just stated the facts. He picked a club that hasn't had to really endure any meaningful lows for the past couple of decades.

Cina

I didn't say why he did. I just stated the facts. He picked a club that hasn't had to really endure any meaningful lows for the past couple of decades.
How was he supposed to know that'd be the case at the time?

Shark

@NotShark
Even with Falcao's struggling spell with us, I have no regrets for LVG making the call to sell Danny. He frustrated me to no end with his finishing and decision making around the box.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
People who play the 'but my club wins more than your club nah nah nah nah nah' card are inevitably what you would describe as glory hunters. I'm sure we've all experienced that.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
How was he supposed to know that'd be the case at the time?
I have no idea when he started supporting Man Utd but let's be honest, you guys have had near constant success since the beginning of this forum and several years before it. The average age of this place is in the twenties. Most of the people on here have known nothing but sir Froggie and winning. If posters are going to constantly bring up a title drought or whatever as they so often do, it is worth reminding them that no other team has had the benefits you lot have had. Most of us are okay with it. Believe it or not, I don't tie my self worth to whether or not the team I like wins a game of kicking a ball. I like spending 90+ minutes every week watching them (that's just 90 minutes for you non CL clubs) and I like talking about the sport. Why would I be bitter about not winning a title for a number of years? Only at Manchester United in this last period are titles seen as something supporters are owed and many on this forum had a tantrum after one single poor year. So yes, I will take the opportunity to add some perspective from the other side of the looking glass.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I have no idea when he started supporting Man Utd but let's be honest, you guys have had near constant success since the beginning of this forum and several years before it. The average age of this place is in the twenties. Most of the people on here have known nothing but sir Froggie and winning. If posters are going to constantly bring up a title drought or whatever as they so often do, it is worth reminding them that no other team has had the benefits you lot have had. Most of us are okay with it. Believe it or not, I don't tie my self worth to whether or not the team I like wins a game of kicking a ball. I like spending 90+ minutes every week watching them (that's just 90 minutes for you non CL clubs) and I like talking about the sport. Why would I be bitter about not winning a title for a number of years? Only at Manchester United in this last period are titles seen as something supporters are owed and many on this forum had a tantrum after one single poor year. So yes, I will take the opportunity to add some perspective from the other side of the looking glass.

:lol:
Cracking post to be fair.

cyberman

I can't see where he would have played for us if he stayed.
It's been said many times that Danny just doesn't have a football brain, it's pure pace and hard work for him which aren't Van Gaal traits.
Herrera came out and said he was coached out of chasing the ball too much, covering too much ground. Danny would be a nightmare for Louis.
Danny wouldn't get into our team now, never mind the reinforcements that are rumoured for the summer

Revan

Assumptionman
Twigginator is on Mad Winger scale of agenda driven when it comes to Welbeck. Just that liking him is cooler than liking Kagawa so people get less annoying with Twigginator.

Cina

sure, we've definitely been blessed, but the point still stands, how was he to know, at the time, that we'd continue to be so successful? 10-15 years ago you could've easily picked Arsenal too, who looked just as comfortable back then. I don't think you could've predicted at the time which team was going to have the more successful ten years, could you? Hell, you could've easily picked Chelsea in 02/03 either. I really don't see how you can criticise him for 'picking' Utd at the time, unless you think he's psychic.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
All round a good decision to let him go. He's not first choice striker material and the move is something that he would have also wanted in order to try to become 1st choice elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.