Danny Welbeck to leave Arsenal

RedDevil@84

Wow. Arsenal are doing what we couldn't dare to do with Phil Jones. Getting rid of a crock player with limited abilities

Robbie Boy

Wow. Arsenal are doing what we couldn't dare to do with Phil Jones. Getting rid of a crock player with limited abilities
Depressing isn’t it. Emery is there one season and he realises that shite like Welbeck simply won’t suffice.

We are such a poorly run club, for example; in the summer of 2011 both us and Liverpool purchased two wingers from Villa. Those wingers were never good enough for top clubs, they were Downing and Young. Two years later Liverpool realised Downing wasn’t good enough and sold him on and he now plays in the Championship. Meanwhile, Young has been converted into a RB where he’s atrocious and he’s also the club captain. We are a shambles.

RedDevil@84

Hasn't his contract expired? Surely its better to get at least some money for players under contract?
Welbeck contract expired. So he is being let go.
Phil Jones had his contract expired and we renew for another 4 years.

PaulRich

Ah, the old fresh prince of Longsight!!! - to be fair the lads had some shite cards dealt to him over the last few years - I can only wish him well

haram

Even Arsenal are happy to cut the cord on dross while we hand out contract extensions like candy.
He probably would have stayed if he didn’t break his leg. He was doing well.

wythyred

Heard the craziest thing from a client of mine earlier.

Danny Welbeck to city on a free.. apparently he wants to come back to Manchester and United aren’t interested.

He said his mate is a relation of Welbeck and apparently city have shown an interest since Christmas time.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo

Danny Welbeck to city on a free.. apparently he wants to come back to Manchester and United aren’t interested.

He said his mate is a relation of Welbeck and apparently city have shown an interest since Christmas time.
This has got to be a wind up.

Reddy Rederson

Time to put on a cheeky bet?

Robbie Boy

Ah, what happened to that garbage, unfunny Welbeck thread from the other day? Looks like it was rightfully deleted.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
Danny Wellwide should be no where near our football club. Youth product, manchester lad or not. He is not of the quality that we need right now.

Bwuk

Unsure if City meet the home grown quota but I could see that happening. He won’t play he’d be there just to fill the quota.

His career at top level is probably finished. Too many injuries.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Only reason is HG quota. He's basically saying bye bye to game time.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
be funny if he came and turned into the player many thought he would become when he first broke through at United.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Only way it makes sense is homegrown quota but would Danny do that being a United lad? Cant see it myself as he wouldn't get game time
Didnt he say he always wanted to play for Arsenal when he left United? He's not a United fan.

Nick7

Didnt he say he always wanted to play for Arsenal when he left United? He's not a United fan.
All players say stuff like that. AWB was an Arsenal fan apparently.

Either way, they're professional footballers. Supporting other clubs goes out the window when you get to these lads levels.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Arsenal were playing the best looking attacking football in the league for most of his career. Most attacking players of his generation would have fancied getting involved in peak Arsenal football. Anyway. What was he supposed to tell his new fans? “Obviously, this is a step down but what you gonna do?”

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
All players say stuff like that. AWB was an Arsenal fan apparently.

Either way, they're professional footballers. Supporting other clubs goes out the window when you get to these lads levels.
I know, and Smalling was an Arsenal fan too, just saying he isnt really a United fan.

@Pogue Mahone I just think there's ways of going about saying certain things if you consider the club you're leaving your club, and you know the rivalry between Arsenal and United. Ronaldo had a subdued celebration when he scored against Sporting, while Welbeck celebrated like a mad man against us.

Nothing against him going to Arsenal or City, he's a professional and they are the best clubs he could have been at after United, just pointing it out that he cant really be a United fan.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I know, and Smalling was an Arsenal fan too, just saying he isnt really a United fan.

@Pogue Mahone I just think there's ways of going about saying certain things if you consider the club you're leaving your club, and you know the rivalry between Arsenal and United. Ronaldo had a subdued celebration when he scored against Sporting, while Welbeck celebrated like a mad man against us.

Nothing against him going to Arsenal or City, he's a professional and they are the best clubs he could have been at after United, just pointing it out that he cant really be a United fan.
Don’t get me started on the vanity and self-regard of a non-celebration celebration.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
What position does he want to play anyway? I recall he left as he wanted more time up front - if he's able to play right wing.....

TsuWave

Only way it makes sense is homegrown quota but would Danny do that being a United lad? Cant see it myself as he wouldn't get game time
I don’t think Welbeck has a particular allegiance to United, at least one strong enough to prevent him from moving to City considering where his career is. Man said he used to dream of Arsenal, and that was before he was an injury prone dud that didn’t amount to much. Dude has bills to pay, I’m sure if City throws a contract his way, United would be the last of his considerations.

Sir Scott McToMinay

Of course he would, the guy celebrated like he’s won the WC when he scored at OT, he’ll walk to City if he has too (if they are actually interested).