Danny Welbeck to leave Arsenal

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Mad to think just 5 years ago Sturridge, Andy Carroll and Welbeck were all decent enough strikers who were regularly being called up by England. Sturridge just had his 20 goal Liverpool season and Welbeck was moving to Arsenal for 16m. Now all are on frees and can't get a club with just two weeks of the season to go.

Of course they could sign after window closes but surely with their injury records you'd want a solid pre season at your club rather than coming in afterwards? All the gym work/running on your own can't prepare you for intensity of premier league football.

I did think Welbeck would end up at Palace or West Ham, neither have much striker depth.
We might be coming to a time when clubs are realizing that average players with disastrous injury records just are not worth taking a punt on.

Welbeck and Sturridge are not worth a squad spot because its money down the toilet, you might as well just burn a pile of cash every week as give it to them.

The times of players being signed on to spend 3 years sat doing feck all on the physio bench might finally be coming to an end.

Unless its us, in which case its 5+1 and a wage increase for duffers like Jones.

red4ever 79

Feel a little sorry for him. He didn't have the talent for the very top level but at his best he was a handful for any opponent. He was far, far better than struggling to find a club at 28.
Would suit Newcastle, Everton, West Ham that type of club. However asking for 5m handshake and 100k p/w is hillarious.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Would suit Newcastle, Everton, West Ham that type of club. However asking for 5m handshake and 100k p/w is hillarious.
Have to agree. These guys would easily find a club if they were willing to take deals that are largely pay as you play. My guess is all 3 of them will lower their expectations and get signed up before January, maybe at a struggling Prem team or something.

Tiber

He has been destined to be an overpaid player with injury issues that frustrates West Ham fans since the day he was born. He needs to hurry up and sign

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Scored a great goal yesterday, deserves a mention:

0:55

Hopefully he stays injury free.

M Bison

Supports
York City
I actually didn’t think it was a great goal. Didn’t catch it properly and it sort of looped in. Got a bit lucky with it imo.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I actually didn’t think it was a great goal. Didn’t catch it properly and it sort of looped in. Got a bit lucky with it imo.
Thought the same on first viewing, but it was actually perfect! He kicked it with outside of his foot, that's why the trajectory looked weird, it looks like classic van Persie volley but overhead kick style. Maybe he didn't meant to hit it like that but with middle of his foot, but that's probably even better shot because you can't save that.

Bobski

Scored a great goal yesterday, deserves a mention:

0:55

Hopefully he stays injury free.
He was a better player than people give him credit for before the injuries ruined his career.

That was a nice goal but the thing that stands out to me from that Vid is his gait, won't claim to be a biomechanics expert but just to the untrained eye his running style looked markedly different to how he moved as a youngster.

Womp

idiot
Fecking love Welbz. Was never the best player but he busted a gut for the team and was one of ours. Was absolutely the right decision to let him go if he wasn't happy with his role though, was never good enough to be number 1 at a club aiming to compete at this level.

Everything taken into account he had a cracking career, better than most footballers would.

Bojan11

All this talk of Sarr.

Why not just bring Danny home where he belongs.

El Zoido

I can’t believe he’s still only 29, he’s had a bit of a sad career really. Feels like he never quite made it.

Bojan11

I can’t believe he’s still only 29, he’s had a bit of a sad career really. Feels like he never quite made it.
Same with Wilshere. Both hyped up and both without a club right now.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I wonder if Fulham or West Brom might take a punt, pay as you play kinda thing. I'm assuming free agents can still sign.

He is a good player, but has had very bad luck with injuries.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
You lot have had a nice laugh at our expense over the years giving us players like Silvestre and Welbeck while taking prime RVP. We couldn’t even have the last laugh with Sanchez because you gave us an equally useless (if cheaper) Mkhitryan.

binary bot
Always remember how good he looked away to Madrid. Hope he can stay fit for the remainder of his career

starman

It's weird, didn't he move because wanted to play as a CF instead of the wing? Right footed forwards playing as a LF is now all the rage..

Same with Walcott he wpanted to be played as a striker while already being played in his most suited position?

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
why on earth has he had his contract terminated after just 2 months?

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
only 2 years ago he was still an england regular - thought it was a lot longer than that
But premier league, FA cup and league cup winners medals - Over 350 top flight games including over 40 international caps and has scored in the premier league for the last 11 seasons (and still under 30) - so I'm not sure id say its a sad career - pretty spectacular my most footballers standards
Im sure him and wilshire will pop up somewhere soon and good luck to both of them

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
We should be a caring club especially for former players. Show some class. Invite him to train with us until he gets a club.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
We should be a caring club especially for former players. Show some class. Invite him to train with us until he gets a club.
He needs to ask though. I’m sure the club would be more than forthcoming