Danny Welbeck

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Needs a step down IMO. Southampton or something.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Absolutely shocking how blinkered a good amount of good posters on here were and thought we were wrong to sell+ how this would bite us in the arse. A joke of a player as I said and I was delighted.

Minimalist

Scholes hated it. Hated Van Gaal though so hard to tell if it was just anything that occurred during his reign.

I'm a bit old fashioned I guess. I like strikers who can score a goal. Or if he's a winger, can provide the odd assist.

His stats are shocking. Such an unproductive player. Even look at his numbers at United for the amount of games he played.

InfiniteBoredom

Absolutely shocking how blinkered a good amount of good posters on here thought we were wrong to sell and how this would bite us in the arse. A joke of a player as I said and I was delighted.
A good portion of this forums maintained that Cleverley was a great talent as well and the only reason he never reached his supposedly dizzying height is the Davies tackle.

Completely lost any sort of objectiveness when it comes to our academy products.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
A good portion of this forums maintained that Cleverley was a great talent as well and the only reason he never reached his supposedly dizzying height is the Davies tackle.

Completely lost any sort of objectiveness when it comes to our academy products.
Yap. Exactly how it is on here.

kps88

If I remember correctly, we sold Welbeck and Hernandez (loan) at the same time and went into the season with Rooney, RVP and Falcao. Most on here recognized Rooney as past it while Falcao and RVP both flopped that season. So that made selling Welbeck look a lot worse.

Robbie Boy

He's fecking diabolical. Even funnier is Wenger's downright arrogance in thinking he'll make him a top player.

Nick7

I was disappointed when we sold him as I didn't think we had a direct replacement at the time. But everything he's good for has been replaced by players who are not only better than him at that, but better finishers too.

redIndianDevil

If I remember correctly, we sold Welbeck and Hernandez (loan) at the same time and went into the season with Rooney, RVP and Falcao. Most on here recognized Rooney as past it while Falcao and RVP both flopped that season. So that made selling Welbeck look a lot worse.
Selling Welbeck was one of the best decision we have made since SAF left, it helped us fast track Rashford into the first team. The lad still hasn't leaned to score and probably never will, a Bambi on ice for eternity.

narnar

Needs Help

Bit like possebon against boro too.

Minimalist

He's fecking diabolical. Even funnier is Wenger's downright arrogance in thinking he'll make him a top player.
I thought about him the other day and his move to Arsenal and that's exactly what came to my mind. The sheer arrogance to think Ferguson had missed a trick with Welbeck and that he could do better.

TheReligion

Abusive
Not as bad as some are making out but he's not a goalscorer hence us moving him on.

Still think he'd have a place in this squad under Mourinho, much like Lingard, but he wouldn't be a regular so can't complain at the decision to move him on.

kps88

I thought about him the other day and his move to Arsenal and that's exactly what came to my mind. The sheer arrogance to think Ferguson had missed a trick with Welbeck and that he could do better.
Van Gaal you mean. Ferguson had him starting against Madrid in the CL.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
He falls down on purpose when he shoots right?
Funny when Gary Neville was commenting on that chance. He said something like "That's been the problem for Danny... his finishing". Was thinking Gary was going to comment on his horrendous balance.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
He showed huge potential I think in his loan move to Sunderland and for a couple of years after

I've no shame to admit I was very sorry to see him go. But he has regressed and not met anywhere near the potential he had

Shame really for him personally. But that's how it goes sometimes

Jacko21

The same player he was at 20. Six years on, he still can't finish.

He's not a striker, nor is he an effective winger. Ergo, he's reached his ceiling and it isn't very high.

arthurka

Easy to judge a player after today... But on his defense he looked one of the few who gave one shit.. But nothing extraordinary in his locker..

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He is rubbish. He always was and he always will

pacifictheme

That first season he was so good for a youngster. Thought he would be class but he never progressed. In fact he got worse. It would have been i teresting to see how he'd have done had we not gotten RVP. No regrets though, RVP won us the title. Welbecks had plenty of chances. As disappointed as i was when we sold him, hes woeful.

Sp00ks11

Anyone who ever thought Danny was anything other than a donkey was deluded. His level is about Newcastle. I don't wish him unwell but i did find it hilarious that this forum was so up in arms over his departure, the media were hyping him up as the new henry and the arsenal fans believed the hype.

Hellboy

Anyone who ever thought Danny was anything other than a donkey was deluded. His level is about Newcastle. I don't wish him unwell but i did find it hilarious that this forum was so up in arms over his departure, the media were hyping him up as the new henry and the arsenal fans believed the hype.
C'mon he was quite good for us. Only problem is that he's not improved since 2010 he even got worse.