Danny Welbeck

Walters_19_MuFc

The lads fought back from injury, only to be injured again and people can't wait to come into the thread to chat shite.

Feel for the lad.

Jev

Where is the schadenfreude? The guy is made of porcelain and shouldn't be anywhere near the PL. I have the same opinion on Wilshere by the way who didn't come through our academy. It has nothing to do with schadenfreude or which academy they come from, it's reality.

Top reds need to stop getting offended on behalf of professional footballers that earn more in one week than average people earn in a year. The only thing 'utterly absurd' here is the people who can't accept objective viewpoints just because 'he came through our academy'.
Do you honestly believe the fact that you felt the urge to mention it has nothing to do with his history, and who he is? And please don't call me a top red, there are no more annoying phrases, or people, in the world.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I don't hate him. But He's a reminder of something very important, just because you're local and love/get the club, doesn't mean you're good enough. He's a weird one, a striker that's more useful as a work horse than anything else. Fergie's dream for big games.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I still hold it against him that he celebrated against us when he scored that one goal in the FA cup so feck him.
Personally, I like it more than players apologising, making it all about them.

Where is the schadenfreude? The guy is made of porcelain and shouldn't be anywhere near the PL. I have the same opinion on Wilshere by the way who didn't come through our academy. It has nothing to do with schadenfreude or which academy they come from, it's reality.

Top reds need to stop getting offended on behalf of professional footballers that earn more in one week than average people earn in a year. The only thing 'utterly absurd' here is the people who can't accept objective viewpoints just because 'he came through our academy'.
Do you even know the meaning of that word?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Do you honestly believe the fact that you felt the urge to mention it has nothing to do with his history, and who he is? And please don't call me a top red, there are no more annoying phrases, or people, in the world.
Ed Woodward, David Moyes.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
The lads fought back from injury, only to be injured again and people can't wait to come into the thread to chat shite.

Feel for the lad.
I honestly don't think he fought that hard. If you're going down with a hamstring injury after 55 seconds it's your own fault. That's a person that's not taking good care of himself and not doing a proper warm-up.

Walters_19_MuFc

I honestly don't think he fought that hard. If you're going down with a hamstring injury after 55 seconds it's your own fault. That's a person that's not taking good care of himself and not doing a proper warm-up.
I'm talking about his previous injury.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I'm talking about his previous injury.
Yeah I know, I'm saying I'm not sure he fought back hard to come back from it. Some of the injuries have been bad luck but if you're properly taking care of yourself you shouldn't get all these kinds of muscle injuries. His long-term injuries, like the ankle one, are bad luck but the other smaller injuries throughout his career are generally preventable. Obviously sucks for him to get injured so much and I share the sentiment of not baring ill-will to an academy graduate that was decent in his time here.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The lads fought back from injury, only to be injured again and people can't wait to come into the thread to chat shite. That happens in regular jobs where people earn modest wages.

Feel for the lad.
People talk shit about colleagues who ring in sick all the time.

Welbeck is on about 50k a week & was earning double that for 5 years at Arsenal.

Hard to feel sorry for a millionaire who barely works for his money.

billybee99

Online try-hards who have never been to OT, me thinks...
I'm curious to know why you seem to think that being born near Old Trafford and having the opportunity to go to games makes you a better or more loyal fan than the rest of the Caf who may live thousands of kilometres away and may never have the chance today go to Old Trafford. It is a theme that pops up in a number of your posts and it is very arrogant and condescending to say the least. I can assure you that the rest of us love United every bit as much as you.

Bojan11

Been said for years that he’s not good enough for the Premier League, will be very interested to see how he gets on in the Championship next year.
Nah he was one of the few players that actually tried to do something. But was shunted out wide for Deeney.

Would be a good buy for lower team if he can stay fit. He’s better than any of the Villa attackers besides Grealish.

Mindhunter

Welbeck is quality but he will be a good cog in a highly functional system when players are aware of their roles. He is never going to be the kind of a striker that elevates an average team to a good team. The best he can hope for is a rotation role at a top 10 side.

He took his goals well today but also missed a few.

Patchbeard

Has scored 18 league goals in 6 seasons since he left. 3 a season. I always liked him but that track record goes against him, we got rid at the right time.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Someone has to ask it...could he do a job for us?
Local lad, knows / loves the club, can play across the front line, would be happy to be a squad player (I assume), wouldn’t be very expensive - could give us another rotation option?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Has scored 18 league goals in 6 seasons since he left. 3 a season. I always liked him but that track record goes against him, we got rid at the right time.
To think SAF dropped Rooney and played Welbeck in his last ever CL 1/4 final!!

What went wrong???

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
You do realise he was injured for half of that time?

While you are at it, looking at his goal per minute ratio since he left, he scored a goal roughly every three games(285 minutes) which isn't even that bad. Goal or an assist every 165 minutes, that isn't half bad.
And generally his end product is one of the weakest thing about him.

Someone like Firmino who is first choice striker for a title winning side scores every 236 minutes in past 5 seasons. Goal or assist every 139 minutes.

Championship player ffs.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
should try his luck against the Likes of Derby, Forest etc.
Never good enough for PL.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Local lad, knows / loves the club, can play across the front line, would be happy to be a squad player (I assume), wouldn’t be very expensive - could give us another rotation option?
feck off :lol:

though in his defence he isn’t a championship player or a top 6 player. I think his level nowadays is mid table

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine

While you are at it, looking at his goal per minute ratio since he left, he scored a goal roughly every three games(285 minutes) which isn't even that bad. Goal or an assist every 165 minutes, that isn't half bad.

Someone like Firmino who is first choice striker for a title winning side scores every 236 minutes in past 5 seasons. Goal or assist every 139 minutes.

Championship player ffs.
I think that's his point. His injured more often than he plays.
If Phil Jones was a striker ....

Idxomer

He was doing a decent job for Arsenal till he started to get injured and he's been unlucky since then.

He definitely was a good PL player, probably still is.

Bobski

He was doing a decent job for Arsenal till he started to get injured and he's been unlucky since then.

He definitely was a good PL player, probably still is.
And a more than decent player for England between 2012-14. However injuries have pretty much taken what should have been his prime from him, 30 in December, strange to write that.

Patchbeard

Championship player ffs.
Never said he was a championship player...and the fact that he was injured for half of it is a good point well raised as to why we got rid at the right time, as I said.

Drainy

Disappointing career all in all, mostly due to the injuries but he also dropped off in work rate once SAF left and wasn't the same player.

Still comfortably better than the players who he was always being compared to at 22/23. Sturridge and Ballotelli really went to shit.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I expect he'll be back in the Premier League next season with someone (lets say... Leeds? His workrate should suit Bielsa at least), but then I don't really know what the situation is like at Watford now - will they need to sell, or are they pretty set financially? Either way, I expect Welbeck will see himself as a Premier League player rather than fancy proving himself in the Championship.

SirScholes

Just a average pl player who had moments of good play
too good for the championship, I can imagine it’s hard to motivate yourself when you started at Utd, dropped to arsenal and now dropped to god knows where

Chairman Steve

LVG did well to sell him when he did to be honest. Yet another Fergie disciple who dropped off massively since his retirement.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I expect he'll be back in the Premier League next season with someone (lets say... Leeds? His workrate should suit Bielsa at least), but then I don't really know what the situation is like at Watford now - will they need to sell, or are they pretty set financially? Either way, I expect Welbeck will see himself as a Premier League player rather than fancy proving himself in the Championship.
I'd be surprised if he didn't stay in the league, he's definitely good enough to play for a midtable PL club if he can stay fit.

Or maybe he'll go down with them, and have season like Shola Ameobi did at Newcastle. Years of being a non scoring striker, then has a 1 in 2 goal ratio down in the Championship. He could tear it up, be a big fish in a small pond if he wanted.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Thinking about it Palace or West Ham will probably fancy him if he has a relegation release clause.

Would be genuinely interested how many he would score if he played 40 games in championship next season.

TsuWave

:lol:

billybee99

We already have Jlingz