Danny Welbeck

buchansleftleg

I can't remember the exact details but I remember Danny Wellbeck being a participant in one of those charity events at Media City for Children in need or some such thing. It had a dancing theme and involved lots of different stars from sport and the choreographer was asked if anyone had been harder to train than others.

Without a moment's hesitation she said that Wellbeck was the most physically un-coordinated person she had ever worked with and that she was amazed that a professional footballer was so clumsy. Can anyone else remember this / the specifics?

izec

My boy Welbz on the scoresheet again. Cant help but think he would be a useful option for us right now :cool:

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He really has a serious problem with his balance.

izec

2 goals and an assist. Lukaku who? Arsene should have saved the Lacazette money and given him the full trust.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I can't remember the exact details but I remember Danny Wellbeck being a participant in one of those charity events at Media City for Children in need or some such thing. It had a dancing theme and involved lots of different stars from sport and the choreographer was asked if anyone had been harder to train than others.

Without a moment's hesitation she said that Wellbeck was the most physically un-coordinated person she had ever worked with and that she was amazed that a professional footballer was so clumsy. Can anyone else remember this / the specifics?
:lol:

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
On his day he is very good but those come very seldom..
I would not say that. Welbeck often perform well when he is selected, he just did not have the goals to back up his performances. That is why all the manager he has played for keeps selecting him(his contribution to the team often overshadowed his goal scoring ability) even though his goal scoring record is not that great.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
If he could score goals regularly he'd still be at OT. The rest of his game is pretty good already.

Walters_19_MuFc

His overall play is never in question, but he does struggle to score goals.

Guess Arsenal got the good Welbeck today.

Fair play to him.

WackyWengerWorld

Supports
Arsenal
I think he could hit 20 goals in all comps this year. In his first season he dropped deep and rarely ran in behind. His movement in the final third has been much better recently. Some people have laughed at his finishing recently but his movement to get in those positions was top class. His finishing is never going to be great but if he gets in good positions often enough he'll rack up some goals.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town

Was she choreographing him in the penalty box?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Scores 2 today while we draw, if he'd been on the bench we would have had 12 men and would have won the game.

Paul_Scholes18

Good player. Wish we still had him.
Agree with that. Although him and Rashford have similar roles and I think Rashfords potential is bigger. Selling him was a mistake in my view, but since we got Rashford from our own it was a mistake that maybe rewarded us in the long run. Even if Falcao, Van Persie and Rooney all failed to do well here as I did fear/predict back when we sold him and that we would need to bring in plenty of new strikers in the years to come. Still though even if Welbeck and Javier Hernandez are very good players to have in your squad they are not good enough to be main men for top clubs.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
The problem with most footballers is there are one dimensional, they play upright. Welbeck is special in that he play both horizontally and vertically

Playing vertically he can cover more ground. Players will move only 4th, back, left and right but Welbeck's movement is three dimensional.

If Welbeck was playing in the year 2300 he'd be a balon d'or contender.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
fecking hell.

Has a decent game where he gets on the scoresheet and suddenly he's a great player minus finishing.

No, he's shit at most things and still can't keep his balance.

cyberman

Maybe his body can't cope with the extra muscle he's piled on over the years?

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Only in terms of injuries. In the isolated spells where he's got a run of games he's been an important player for them.
I don't disagree, but the amount of games he has missed has been staggering. Was he this injury prone at United?