Danny Welbeck

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Left back? Feck me that is bold by Emery.

My prediction on this is that he may leave the game with one more arsehole than he starts with.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Could do a job as RWB in a 3-CB formation with 2 wingbacks.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
If Valencia and Ashley Young can make the transition, Welbeck at least has a shot. He would obviously be better on the right.

Overall, though, this is just a desperation move for momentary cover. Maitland-Niles will start at LB but the team needs somebody on the bench who can play that position if he gets hurt. Welbeck's contract expires next summer and I haven't heard anything about an extension. I don't think he is in Emery's plans, at LB, CF, or any other position.

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
He was starting to look quite good for Arsenal. Unlucky.

flappyjay

Very unlucky, he was looking a decent back up striker for them this season with his goals. Speedy recovery Welbz

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Many think he's a shit footballer and in actuality he's had terrible injuries.

Poor finisher but very good footballer. Not every player is 'shit' or 'world class'.

Danny was and is a very good player. Dare I say would be an upgrade on our right side.

tieunhilang

Danny was and is a very good player. Dare I say would be an upgrade on our right side.
You'd rather have Welbeck play in our right side instead of Mata, Lingard or Rashford? I know our attack is toothless sometimes but Jesus...

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
His injury record is very poor, shame he never got extended run of games because of that.

Hopefully he will be back stronger.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Gutted for him. Never got the hate for him on here, local lad that loved the club and recognised he wasn’t going to have a career here. Always comes across like a good guy. I can’t imagine what it does for a players mental health being injured that often and the timing of those injuries.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Gutted for him, big United fan and always seems like a decent bloke. Hope he recovers quickly. I suspect that since his contract is expiring, this might be his last game in Arsenal shirt, hopefully I'm wrong and the injury isn't as big as feared.

ChampFury

This is heartbreaking to see for poor Danny. He was actually showing some of his best form and on a good run after years of injury problems. He had an impressive goal every 2 games this season and fought his way back into the England set up and probably wasn't far off being a starter. He was pretty much matching the elite forward pair of Lacazette and Aubameyang stride for stride. With his contract running down I actually had a sneaky suspicion Danny was going to come home on a free. Mourinho has always been a huge fan and would have got the best out of him too. A bit of heart, fight and passion is what the squad is crying out for. Obviously that's gone now. He'll probably never play top flight footie again. Gutted for you Danny.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
This is heartbreaking to see for poor Danny. He was actually showing some of his best form and on a good run after years of injury problems. He had an impressive goal every 2 games this season and fought his way back into the England set up and probably wasn't far off being a starter. He was pretty much matching the elite forward pair of Lacazette and Aubameyang stride for stride. With his contract running down I actually had a sneaky suspicion Danny was going to come home on a free. Mourinho has always been a huge fan and would have got the best out of him too. A bit of heart, fight and passion is what the squad is crying out for. Obviously that's gone now. He'll probably never play top flight footie again. Gutted for you Danny.
It's terribly sad about his injury, but don't make things up mate.

Last edited:

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I won't post it, because I'm certain it's garbage 'news' from a garbage paper, but the Express are reporting this as "Danny Welbeck may never play football again". It's a bad one, but it's not a career-ender, is it?

Ban

:( horrible injury.. Hope it's not thst bad as reported although it looks real, real bad..

AP88

Supports
Man City
Send him to Dr Cugat - he’d be back for the Xmas fixtures.

Yeah I envisaged him as being an ideal Mourinho squad player, and would be a more natural target man than Lukaku in this current system. Hope he recovers well.

Zlatattack

Hope he gets well soon. Arsenal was the wrong move for him. He needs to be playing somewhere where he is the number 1 striker and has the service being provided to him. He did alright at Sunderland when he was younger.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Was very sad to see what happened to him. Arsenal's fitness department is so dodgy, so many players become crocks when they move there.

Minimalist

Bit cruel the way his owners won't take him to the vet and do the right thing.

/s

He's not got much luck does he?

Sylar

Sad for him. Hope he does make a recovery and gets to play again.

FlapR

Only news at the moment is that he's still in hospital :(

Told he can leave Arsenal

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

If this was at United we would have offered Bambi a new 4+1 year deal right now and made sure to trigger the extra year because "we can't let these kind of players leave on a free".

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
While he's injured... fecking hell that is ruthless.

Still, I think he needs to go somewhere and get regular football to see him at his best again.

Wish him well, and hope he's back playing again soon.