Television Dark - Netflix

fergieisold

If a very absorbing, almost impossible to follow drama in German with English subtitles is your thing I can highly recommend Dark. Honestly it's borderline too sci fi for me but it's absolutely brilliant. Half way through season 2 and I have only half a clue what's going on but they key is to just go with it I think...some brilliant tv.

You have to set it up properly to watch it. Do not watch it dubbed in English (awful). Set original German audio with English subtitles.

Dan_F

I’m pretty sure there was a thread about it, but yeah I thought it was brilliant. Definitely one I’ll rewatch in a couple of years.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The show is pure genius.

Probably my second favorite show after Breaking Bad.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
If a very absorbing, almost impossible to follow drama in German with English subtitles is your thing I can highly recommend Dark. Honestly it's borderline too sci fi for me but it's absolutely brilliant. Half way through season 2 and I have only half a clue what's going on but they key is to just go with it I think...some brilliant tv.

You have to set it up properly to watch it. Do not watch it dubbed in English (awful). Set original German audio with English subtitles.

I thought season 1 was fantastic. Completely absorbed. Unfortunately I finished it a year before S2 came out and couldn’t work out what the feck was going on when I tried getting back into it again. Actually gave up after the first episode. Very jealous of anyone who can binge the two seasons one after another.

nimic

something nice
Scout
It was good, but lost me somewhere in the last season. It just felt like it took one left turn too many at one point. I might give it another go, I suppose.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Glad I'm not going mad and there's others enjoying it! Only on season 2 but it's just so well done even if it is incredibly complicated.
I finished it awhile back but
Glad I'm not going mad and there's others enjoying it! Only on season 2 but it's just so well done even if it is incredibly complicated.
I finished it when season 3 came out. It's incredible. Definitely required effort as a viewer but I'm willing to make that effort. I'd recommend watching recaps before going into a new season of there's a break in watching the same.

fergieisold

I finished it when season 3 came out. It's incredible. Definitely required effort as a viewer but I'm willing to make that effort. I'd recommend watching recaps before going into a new season of there's a break in watching the same.
Yeh - it's so complicated I sometimes go back and watch again...it's well worth the effort this one though. No idea who the actors are but they're so good - and the way some of the young vs old characters look is so scarily similar. Aleksander tiedemann old vs young...I mean that could be his son!

Dan_F

I thought season 1 was fantastic. Completely absorbed. Unfortunately I finished it a year before S2 came out and couldn’t work out what the feck was going on when I tried getting back into it again. Actually gave up after the first episode. Very jealous of anyone who can binge the two seasons one after another.
I got lucky and finished watching it all about 2 weeks before the last season came out. There’s no better feeling than watching a show and Netflix telling you there’s a new series coming :lol:

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Sic mundus bro. Your sic mundus's are out of control.