Dark/Night Mode request

littleman

Can we get Night/Dark mode? Spending a a lot of time reading on mobile and it really helps. Redcafe is my 3rd most visited site after Reddit and Resetera, which both have dark modes, so it is a bit taxing on the eyes to read on white.

thanks!

Silas

If you're on chrome there's a flag that forces dark mode on all websites. There are some skins you can access through the Stylish chrome extension too.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Just discovered Firefox has a night mode that does exactly this. On the iPhone app too. Gives the caf a black and peach look. I’m feeling it.

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
Just discovered Firefox has a night mode that does exactly this. On the iPhone app too. Gives the caf a black and peach look. I’m feeling it.
Thanks Veeva. I couldn't find it in the Firefox settings, but found an add-on, and installed it just now (it's called dark reader, if anyone is interested), and the caf now looks gloriously sublime.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Thanks Veeva. I couldn't find it in the Firefox settings, but found an add-on, and installed it just now (it's called dark reader, if anyone is interested), and the caf now looks gloriously sublime.
Sounds like it does the trick anyway.

For anyone else wondering:

On iphone it's just a matter of hitting the 3 lines > enable night mode.

On Firefox Mac or PC it's a little more difficult to find - it's the 3 lines > customise > themes > dark
actually this just makes the top bit dark. Dunno about there then, but it works sweet on iphone.

Last edited:

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
Sounds like it does the trick anyway.

For anyone else wondering:

On iphone it's just a matter of hitting the 3 lines > enable night mode.

On Firefox Mac or PC it's a little more difficult to find - it's the 3 lines > customise > themes > dark
That explains it. I don't think Android has that option, but the add-on works a treat.