Gaming Dark Souls III

Ainu

It's the best boss imo in all their souls games+elden ring. In co op anyway.
That's a big statement, considering the multitude of fantastic bosses they've created. O&S, Artorius, Fume Knight, Gherman, Ludwig, Lady Maria, Orphan, Dancer, Gael, Genichiro, Owl Father, Isshin and probably more. It's a hard no for me.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
That's a big statement, considering the multitude of fantastic bosses they've created. O&S, Artorius, Fume Knight, Gherman, Ludwig, Lady Maria, Orphan, Dancer, Gael, Genichiro, Owl Father, Isshin and probably more. It's a hard no for me.
I left out bloodborne and Sekiro on purpose.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Yeah there are far better bosses, both in terms of flow and what they were designed to do (like the teachable moment ones) imo.

But it's so tough to pick the best, I won't downplay anyone's opinion on a From boss.

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
How the hell am I supposed to get past those flaming arrow guys being summoned in the Ring City?

I get that there are some tombstones that i can hide behind but just not able to progress beyond 2-3 tombstones.

Bebe

How the hell am I supposed to get past those flaming arrow guys being summoned in the Ring City?

I get that there are some tombstones that i can hide behind but just not able to progress beyond 2-3 tombstones.
drop down to the ledge on the right side of the path

Sweet Square

Really enjoying this so far. Spent about an hour dying to Pontiff Sulyvahn and then found out all you have to do is move to the right while fighting.

Sweet Square

He was a right tough bastard. His second phase is a joke.
Yep died a good amount in the second phase. I might have been a bit under levelled(Lv 49), which made it more difficult. Most of his hits were killing me really quickly, I just wasn’t getting any time to pick up patterns.

Although when I found out always moving to the right is the answer, it was a pretty fun boss fight.

SuperiorXI

Yep died a good amount in the second phase. I might have been a bit under levelled(Lv 49), which made it more difficult. Most of his hits were killing me really quickly, I just wasn’t getting any time to pick up patterns.

Although when I found out always moving to the right is the answer, it was a pretty fun boss fight.
Don't think I got to grips with that technique, I just learned his moveset then prayed I could beat phase 2 as fast as possible :lol:

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
\Jump down the ledge, there's an underpass
drop down to the ledge on the right side of the path
Cheers guys! Finally got through that portion.

Have to say Ringed City DLC hits hard.... Those knights with ring symbol pack a punch... moreso when you have to fight 2 of them together...

Sweet Square

So I've played 20 hours of this and have just found out you can upgrade the estus flask thing.

Should make the game easier.

Sweet Square

You can upgrade i.e. get more health back per use, and you can also increase the number of estus flask you have.
Cheers. Yeah that’s one I didn’t know about. I’m pretty rubbish at video games(Although I’ve finished both Bloodborne and sekiro)but so far I’m finding DS3 really easy.

I’ve died a lot but there’s only been one boss where I felt is anywhere near difficult. Which isn’t a bad thing as I’m really enjoying the game.

largelyworried

Cheers. Yeah that’s one I didn’t know about. I’m pretty rubbish at video games(Although I’ve finished both Bloodborne and sekiro)but so far I’m finding DS3 really easy.

I’ve died a lot but there’s only been one boss where I felt is anywhere near difficult. Which isn’t a bad thing as I’m really enjoying the game.
Its definitely easier than Sekiro. I found BB the easiest From game of the lot personally, but DS3 base game is kind of similar. However I thought the DLC was a big step up, both the levels and the bosses, if you're intending to go through that.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Gone on to this after loving Elden Ring and needing more of a souls fix. Absolutely love it. Think I’m about halfway through, just about to face off against Aldrich? Place was a total nightmare to get to. Find after playing Elden Ring however that I’m not too bad at this, and finding dodging and rolling a bit easier.

Sweet Square

Its definitely easier than Sekiro. I found BB the easiest From game of the lot personally, but DS3 base game is kind of similar. However I thought the DLC was a big step up, both the levels and the bosses, if you're intending to go through that.
Cheers will give the dlc a look. Just spent an hour on the Champion Gundyr in the Untended Graves. Pure bull shit fight and reminded why I quit Elder Ring early(Too many stun lock deaths and enemy can change attacks mid animation).

For me anyways the toughest has been Sekiro(Took me a while to figure out that it’s more of a rhythm game than a typical souls game)although just one off boss fights then it was Laurence, The First Vicar from the Bloodborne DLC on new game plus.

SuperiorXI

Cheers will give the dlc a look. Just spent an hour on the Champion Gundyr in the Untended Graves. Pure bull shit fight and reminded why I quit Elder Ring early(Too many stun lock deaths and enemy can change attacks mid animation).

For me anyways the toughest has been Sekiro(Took me a while to figure out that it’s more of a rhythm game than a typical souls game)although just one off boss fights then it was Laurence, The First Vicar from the Bloodborne DLC on new game plus.
That was another very hard fight, took me ages. Then I read online he's a piece of cake if you parry him...

Sweet Square

That was another very hard fight, took me ages. Then I read online he's a piece of cake if you parry him...
Yeah after the fight I looked it up on youtube and it does seem like the boss was designed to be fought with a shield, which isn't how I play these games. Which maybe I should have changed my approach but also don't really like the idea that there's only one way to fight a boss.

So far it's the one fight I've played that I would say is bad/unfair.

fergosaurus

Just beat Aldrich after multiple attempts, such a good feeling to get the bastard out of the way. Nice nostalgia hit visiting Anor Londo again.

Then accidentally went straight into another boss fight with no estus left. Just about managed to get a ring of sacrifice on before getting killed and losing 55k souls!

fergosaurus

The nameless king is brutal. Lost patience trying to beat him with melee so respecced to a sorcery build and absolutely obliterated him with crystal soul spears. Magic is massively OP, but that was still very satisfying.

Abraxas

The nameless king is brutal. Lost patience trying to beat him with melee so respecced to a sorcery build and absolutely obliterated him with crystal soul spears. Magic is massively OP, but that was still very satisfying.
He's tough for sure. I miss the bosses on that. Elden Ring didn't have the same variety and charm.

SuperiorXI

I really enjoyed that fight because it took a lot of skill in learning the patterns. Once you had his move set down it became like a dance which is my favourite kind of fights in these games.

fergosaurus

He's tough for sure. I miss the bosses on that. Elden Ring didn't have the same variety and charm.
Yeah, Elden Ring is great but I'm much preferring this. Looking forward to getting stuck into the DLC now.

fergosaurus

I really enjoyed that fight because it took a lot of skill in learning the patterns. Once you had his move set down it became like a dance which is my favourite kind of fights in these games.
I got him close a couple of times but more often than not he was just destroying me. The foggy arena really messes with depth perception and a lot of the time I was just swinging at air and getting countered.

SuperiorXI

I got him close a couple of times but more often than not he was just destroying me. The foggy arena really messes with depth perception and a lot of the time I was just swinging at air and getting countered.
Have you tried using embers (I think they're embers?) they give you a good boost of health for fights like that where the hits are especially strong.

fergosaurus

Have you tried using embers (I think they're embers?) they give you a good boost of health for fights like that where the hits are especially strong.
I did yeah, but still wasn't enough so after 10 or so tries decided to respec and move on. Keeping him at range trivialises the fight, he just walks forward and doesn't even try to dodge any sorcery attacks.

Siorac

I did yeah, but still wasn't enough so after 10 or so tries decided to respec and move on. Keeping him at range trivialises the fight, he just walks forward and doesn't even try to dodge any sorcery attacks.
I'd have loved the Nameless King fight a whole lot more if I hadn't had to go through the first phase each and every time. That one's tedious, even with a lightning weapon that obliterates the dragon.

fergosaurus

I'd have loved the Nameless King fight a whole lot more if I hadn't had to go through the first phase each and every time. That one's tedious, even with a lightning weapon that obliterates the dragon.
Yep, in the first phase you're fighting with the camera as much as you are the dragon.