Gaming Dark Souls III

Siorac

Why would you sell Embers anyway? There's so much useless shit you accumulate.

Eriku

Hah.... that Nameless King, man... Can semi-reliably make it to the 2nd phase, but I've merely managed to whittle him down 1/5 after that. This will take some doing!

edit: Nearly got him down to half!

Last edited:

Siorac

Hah.... that Nameless King, man... Can semi-reliably make it to the 2nd phase, but I've merely managed to whittle him down 1/5 after that. This will take some doing!

edit: Nearly got him down to half!
Hehh, I was the other way around. Once I figured out the first phase (slaughtered the camera) I got him down quite fast (in NG+) as the second phase is just the usual 'I'm super fast and relentless' Dark Souls 3 bossfight.

Eriku

BOOSH! All bosses have been laid to rest, NG+ or journey 2 can commence. Less than 40 hrs.

Can't brag too much, though, having a sword that deals 500 damage helps :lol:

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool

:lol: (PvP video - no boss/enemy spoilers)

Eriku

Decided to go back to DS1, as I was on a second playthrough of that, stuck on O&S, who I had decided to solo as a point of pride.

Having finished DS3 and dealt with that for a month, and then coming back to DS1, I killed off O&S on my 2nd attempt, with relative ease :lol:

It's crazy how much slower the combat feels, even in a notorious fight like this one.

Twins

"Everybody loves a golden shower"
Decided to go back to DS1, as I was on a second playthrough of that, stuck on O&S, who I had decided to solo as a point of pride.

Having finished DS3 and dealt with that for a month, and then coming back to DS1, I killed off O&S on my 2nd attempt, with relative ease :lol:

It's crazy how much slower the combat feels, even in a notorious fight like this one.
What build are you playing? I was stuck on O&S with a strength build using a zweihander, wanted to track back and get pyromancy but noticed that I screwed that up. Now I started another playthrough with a dex build using the uchigatana (and pyromancy), going quite smooth so far.

Eriku

What build are you playing? I was stuck on O&S with a strength build using a zweihander, wanted to track back and get pyromancy but noticed that I screwed that up. Now I started another playthrough with a dex build using the uchigatana (and pyromancy), going quite smooth so far.
I beat them at level 55, strength build, with a sprinkle of dex. I've mainly been using my uchi, infused with electricity, but that doesn't cut it for this fight, used black knight sword +2 to take them down.

Next step now is to make it to the Abyss, have my first ever chat with Kaathe, and then have a crack at the DLC for the first time ^_^

Siorac

Oh you can respec, thank god. My character is an absolute mess at this point.
You might have to look up how to do it; I, at least, didn't find it on my first playthrough.

Bebe

Also, Hidden Body is amazing. Being able to scout an area or get to a better position just got me through the Cathedral of the Deep with minimal trouble (though it took fecking ages)

Parry Gallister

I can't wait til I get this :(

Have promised myself it once I finish the first dark souls and then the fallout 4 DLC.

Bebe

Killed High King Wolnir pretty easily last night, then proceeded to get my ass kicked by the Fire Demon below him, the Old Demon King below him, whoever is shooting arrows at me in Smouldering Lake, and the thing guarding the bridge to Irithyll. fecking Souls

Eriku

Killed High King Wolnir pretty easily last night, then proceeded to get my ass kicked by the Fire Demon below him, the Old Demon King below him, whoever is shooting arrows at me in Smouldering Lake, and the thing guarding the bridge to Irithyll. fecking Souls
:lol:

Demon King gave me the most trouble. I had the sword you get from transposing the soul of the Curse-rotted Greatwood, or whatever the tree-dude is called, made short work of the kitty cat guarding Irithyll.

Runner

I just started playing Dark Souls 1: prepare to die edition and it's a pretty amazing game.

Anyone have tips for a warrior trying a strength build? I don't really know what Im doing and wondering if i should be leveling up whenever i get the chance? No spoilers plz :)

izzydiggler

I just started playing Dark Souls 1: prepare to die edition and it's a pretty amazing game.

Anyone have tips for a warrior trying a strength build? I don't really know what Im doing and wondering if i should be leveling up whenever i get the chance? No spoilers plz :)
Most weapons scale with attributes and at different rates. At a certain point, investing in upgrades to weapons increases damage more than upgrading strength etc but there's only a finite amount of the later materials used to fully upgrade a weapon.

I used a Claymore which I believed scaled with Strength and Dexterity, so upgrading them with stamina and health is the way to go. I'd recommend trying a few weapons and see which moveset you like best and upgrade it according to the scaling abilities.

Eriku

Then there's the obligatory "kill the dogs first" tip. You'll know what that means when the time is right.

Btw, there's a time for tanking bosses, but most of the time you want to be at least below the 50% threshold when it comes to equip load. Being able to dodge roll quicker is handy, and once you learn how to use the invincibility frames (if you time a dodge right, you can go right through someone's sword strike and take no damage) it gets a lot easier.

Good luck and enjoy. Smashing my face against the wall of Dark Souls again and again until I got decent at it has been the most rewarding experience of my gaming life :)

Runner

Most weapons scale with attributes and at different rates. At a certain point, investing in upgrades to weapons increases damage more than upgrading strength etc but there's only a finite amount of the later materials used to fully upgrade a weapon.

I used a Claymore which I believed scaled with Strength and Dexterity, so upgrading them with stamina and health is the way to go. I'd recommend trying a few weapons and see which moveset you like best and upgrade it according to the scaling abilities.
I completely forgot there's 2h weapons!

Then there's the obligatory "kill the dogs first" tip. You'll know what that means when the time is right.

Btw, there's a time for tanking bosses, but most of the time you want to be at least below the 50% threshold when it comes to equip load. Being able to dodge roll quicker is handy, and once you learn how to use the invincibility frames (if you time a dodge right, you can go right through someone's sword strike and take no damage) it gets a lot easier.

Good luck and enjoy. Smashing my face against the wall of Dark Souls again and again until I got decent at it has been the most rewarding experience of my gaming life :)
I didn't know that carrying more stuff slows down my movement, makes sense but most games don't employ that mechanic. Thanks for the helpful advise!

Eriku

I completely forgot there's 2h weapons!

I didn't know that carrying more stuff slows down my movement, makes sense but most games don't employ that mechanic. Thanks for the helpful advise!
No prob! I love hearing from first-timers fighting their way through the game, so if you feel like venting or asking questions, feel free to bump the Dark Souls thread (there's one for the first game too)

beycont

If you are new to Souls game, i would recommend a quality build, levelling up both strength and dex so you can try out a variety of weapons and see which one suits you the best.

Bebe

Been slowly making my way through this, beat Yhorm last night. Very easy once I figured out the trick. Then I got swept back to the cathedral and met the Dancer. Not so easy.

Stringer

Just entered Irithyll of the Boreal Valley which looks absolutely stunning. The art design in these games and Bloodborne is some of the best I have seen.

I have to ask if anyone else found the early bosses in this game really easy compared to the others? I haven't taken more than three attempts to beat any of them so far and I'm still waiting for that moment where I almost give up which the other games have always had.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Just entered Irithyll of the Boreal Valley which looks absolutely stunning. The art design in these games and Bloodborne is some of the best I have seen.

I have to ask if anyone else found the early bosses in this game really easy compared to the others? I haven't taken more than three attempts to beat any of them so far and I'm still waiting for that moment where I almost give up which the other games have always had.
You won't have to wait long.

izzydiggler

I found DS2, DS3 and Bloodborne (except the DLC - the bosses were hateful!) pretty easy in comparison to Demon's Souls and DS1.

As for DS3, the only boss that made me want to launch the controller was The Nameless King and that is optional. Loads of them I did first time.

DeOddi

I found DS2, DS3 and Bloodborne (except the DLC - the bosses were hateful!) pretty easy in comparison to Demon's Souls and DS1.

As for DS3, the only boss that made me want to launch the controller was The Nameless King and that is optional. Loads of them I did first time.
The Nameless King was a real pain in the ass.... don´t think i´ve been so happy after beating a boss in any other game. That said i had quite a few problems with Champion Gundyr as well.

I also have some bad memories of Old King Allant from Demon Souls (first Souls game i played).

Parry Gallister

Not Pontiff? Had to summon for him in the end.

Runner

I'm absolutely loving this game. I rolled an assassin who's using a fire broadsword + 3 or magic weapon uchigatana.
I made it to the forest with the giant crab in the middle who's kicking my ass. Hoping there's a lot of content left.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Beside Nameless King I thought DS 3 has been quite easy in comparison. Also there are a lot of bonfires. And I never had to repair any weapons. Also no farming needed. I spent days fighting those big Knights in Anor Londo to raise my Level for O&S.

I have sold the game and will wait for a complete Version. Love the series and cannot believe it is over.

Bebe

I've been at this champion gravetender/wolf combo boss for 3 hours and am still getting my ass kicked. feck 2 on 1 boss fights man.

Eriku

2nd and final DLC:

Still haven't played Ariandel, mainly because I started new game plus but hadn't really got going on that one. Started a new character as I got inspired to by a friend asking me a bunch of things during his first Souls playthrough, and in the past week I've slowly worked my way and got past Sulyvahn yesterday (2nd try!). Still have some levelling to do before I want to get into it, but I have to say that this DLC looks more interesting than the first one.

Will be doing them both at some point this spring, no doubt :)