Darmian / Signs permanent deal for Parma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Shame it didn't work out for him here, was so excited about him during his first few games
Weird isn't it. Those first few games we thought we we sorted with him and Shaw. Then the leg break happened and Darmian faded into his shell.

Shame it didn't work out for him here. Good defender but he was never comfortable with the attacking side of the PL.

red4ever 79

Can some one summarize this as it is confusing. He is out of contract with us in the summer but we have the option of +1 year? Juve have took him on loan with an option to buy/ or they must buy? Have a feeling we will be stuck with Darmian again next season

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
We are coming to the busy period with FA cup and chmp lge matches so it's a risk to sell now rather than in the summer.

red4ever 79

Interesting decision. I wonder who made it. The caretaker, the guy in the shorts or the financial guru. Either way if we are getting rid of a fullback then Valencia should have been first out the door.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Why on earth would we loan a fullback(no matter how shit he is) when we are so short on fullbacks these days(both on quality and quantity)?

red4ever 79

Why on earth would we loan a fullback(no matter how shit he is) when we are so short on fullbacks these days(both on quality and quantity)?
We are not short on quantity. Valencia/Young Shaw/Dalot/Darmian

We are on quality I agree as none of those are actually very good

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Good luck to him.

Don't like that we're weakening our squad given the club's rich tradition of defensive injury crises.

Fridge chutney

Surprised he's been here so long. Never quite worked out for him but I liked him. I wish him the best.

prateik

Was excited when I saw him in pre season.. not sure if he wasnt good enough or never settled in or if LVG broke him.. but it never really worked for him here.

Hope he has a better time at his new club.. Wish him the best..

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Why don't they just buy? Are Italian clubs really this skint or just tight?
I think 'smart' is the word you're looking for. They properly examine the goods before parting with a fee. Besides which, a 'try before you buy' is pretty vital when a player has been poor for a long time and barely playing on top of that.

Bergman

Supports
Liverpool
Hmmm Utd freeing up wages to make a January signing?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I think 'smart' is the word you're looking for. They properly examine the goods before parting with a fee. Besides which, a 'try before you buy' is pretty vital when a player has been poor for a long time and barely playing on top of that.
I thought United rejected all loan to buy deals over the summer because they preferred a permanent deal. I don't know why they're considering it now, especially when Valencia has gone AWOL and they would look like fools to walk back on their own stance in future negotiations.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I thought United rejected all loan to buy deals over the summer because they preferred a permanent deal. I don't know why they're considering it now, especially when Valencia has gone AWOL and they would look like fools to walk back on their own stance in future negotiations.
Post-Mourinho era, players aren't hoarded in the same way, possibly.

Also, getting as much wage off the books as possible - without disrupting the team - is perfectly logical.

It's not like there are many Darmian's here in terms of situation, also.

red4ever 79

Post-Mourinho era, players aren't hoarded in the same way, possibly.

Also, getting as much wage off the books as possible - without disrupting the team - is perfectly logical.

It's not like there are many Darmian's here in terms of situation, also.
Rojo and Valencia say hi

red4ever 79

You could add Fellaini to that; it's not many in the grand scheme of a squad. The lesser the better, but under so many changes of regime, leading to so many unfancied players, it's a given.
We need to cut the squad down I think we all agree on that. Lot of players out of contract in the summer. Young, Jones and Mata should all be released. Rojo and Valencia need to be moved on. We need to sign a RB, CB, RW minimum

AgentP

Wish him the best! Somehow I feel he could have been a good player for us under the right manager.

Rafaeldagold

Like him in terms of his professionalism & giving his all but quality wise he just wasn’t good enough- whenever I saw him on the team sheet I knew we were in trouble.

Alabaster Codify7

Juve are cheapskates, they won't buy him.
Hopefully he impresses enough for another Serie A team to go in for him. He's been a model pro but he's nowhere near good enough to start for us.

el3mel

So they can't even bring themselves to buy him so load instead. Typical Juve.

crossy1686

career ending
Wish him the best! Somehow I feel he could have been a good player for us under the right manager.
Very limited defender but will do better in a more defensive/slower league. It's worth noting that Italian teams like versatile defenders, like Darmian. Also, Juventus don't subscribe to the same sort of ethos that AC Milan do, AC believe defenders should be brilliant and each be individually great, whereas Juventus prefer the 'sum of their parts' approach. Darmian will do well there.

Devil may care

I prefer him to Valencia at RB and Rojo at LB and he's basically just going from our bench to their bench as it's just a loan, not even a mandatory buy option by the look of things, I don't really see how this benefits us.

extincti fugax hominum

A nothing player leaving for peanuts. I didn't see such a player who lacks self-confidence in my 20+ United supporting years. Good for all parties involved as he can't find a better club than Juve, Juve get their free player (again) and we manage to get rid of a shit player.

Kawasaki

We can recall Fosu-Mensah, right? I don't think he'll shine but he'd be a useful backup for the rest of the season.

On that subject too, when the flip was the last time a young player (<21) was sent on loan to another Premier League club and actually did well?

Carl S Bridge

We can recall Fosu-Mensah, right? I don't think he'll shine but he'd be a useful backup for the rest of the season.

On that subject too, when the flip was the last time a young player (<21) was sent on loan to another Premier League club and actually did well?
For us that would be welbeck at Sunderland

ravi2

Best of luck to him but he never really was up to UTD standard, nothing against him but he should have been sold a while ago

JMack1234

Wasn't good enough for us and frankly looks a bit of a man out of time. An old school right back that wants to hold hands with the centre back at all time and always looks uncomfortable going forward and i'm frankly very surprised that team like Juve want him.

Still, I wish him all the best. He's been a model professional and put in a good performance in the Europa League final.

Status
Not open for further replies.