Darmian / Signs permanent deal for Parma

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevoc

The games come thick and fast from February, we need options in case of injuries and suspensions and rotations and he can still come in handy those times as a versatile player. It only makes sense to let him go now if the price is right. He certainly has better deliveries than Valencia as well.
If we're at the stage where we would allow him to leave in January then it's probably safe to say Solskjaer doesn't see him as an option. He's probably 4th choice at RB and 3rd choice at LB.

He probably is a better crosser than Valencia, but the problem is he rarely ever gets high enough up the pitch to actually deliver a cross in. So it's a moot point.

stevoc

You also need to know when you're being taken for a ride else they will keep coming for more. 6m loan + a 6m option to buy is fair. We're talking about an Italian international who can cover both LB and RB here not some 35 year old player.

Juventus know very well how much players are worth. In fact they ask for top money for their own players and they won't bulge a single penny.
Of course but are we being taken for a ride?

Possibly but i have my doubts, yes Juve want to spend as little as possible but thats the case with every transfer deal by every club ever. I suspect it's more that United are overvaluing Darmian, now if we are prepared to take a hit financially on Darmian to make a stand and try to get more when selling players in the future fine.

But as an isolated deal it's bad business to not take what we can get for a player we clearly don't want anymore and have no plans to use. Especially a player whose value decreases by the day that we will have to pay millions in wages to for potentially the next 18 months.

We're talking about an Italian international who can cover both LB and RB here not some 35 year old player.
We keep hearing that he's an Italian international not sure it means that much these days though. He's mostly performed like a 35 year old for United to be fair.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Juventus do have the money. They are just trying to drive a hard bargain as per usual. I am quite happy that United are refusing to be taken to the cleaners.
Juventus want someone for 6 months so they can send spinazzola on loan to play himself back into form and evaluate him. How does it make sense for them to sign darmian in the first place?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Juventus want someone for 6 months so they can send spinazzola on loan to play himself back into form and evaluate him. How does it make sense for them to sign darmian in the first place?
Then they simply don't sign him then. Why should we loan Darmian to them for a measly 2.6-2.8m so they can sell or loan Spinazzola? The last time I checked Manchester United were a business not a charity institution. Its not as if Juventus has ever done us any favours.

devilish

We keep hearing that he's an Italian international not sure it means that much these days though. He's mostly performed like a 35 year old for United to be fair.
Sandro had a very meah season last season. That didn't stop Juventus from asking his full retail price. Why should we now give Darmian on cheap?

Unless we make a stand then every club in the Serie A will keep on thinking of us being suckers. Its time we make a stop to it.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Then they simply don't sign him then. Why should we loan Darmian to them for a measly 2.6-2.8m so they can sell or loan Spinazzola? The last time I checked Manchester United were a business not a charity institution. Its not as if Juventus has ever done us any favours.
Not saying you should agree. Although i think a 3m 6months loan would be a good deal, provided you don't extend his contract. I just don't see the point in you keeping him an extra year to sit on the bench

devilish

Not saying you should agree. Although i think a 3m 6months loan would be a good deal, provided you don't extend his contract. I just don't see the point in you keeping him an extra year to sit on the bench
You seem to follow the Serie A as much as I do so you know what United's reputation is in terms of transfers especially after Juventus managed to take us to the cleaners with Pogba's deal. They see us as the money loaded clubs with little brains to match. I think 3m is worth losing if that means putting the message through that we're not the suckers most Italian clubs think we are.

ArjenIsM3

Sell him for at least 10 million or keep him untill his contract runs out. See if he can regain some of the form he showed when he arrived.

Havak

Pokemon master
Are you sure? Every article I've read has said we have one.
I thought so initially, as there were a lot of players who have the one-year add-on with us. But apparently, not him. His contract ends on 30/06/2019 and has no add-on. Suppose we'll find out very soon though!

stevoc

Sandro had a very meah season last season. That didn't stop Juventus from asking his full retail price. Why should we now give Darmian on cheap?

Unless we make a stand then every club in the Serie A will keep on thinking of us being suckers. Its time we make a stop to it.
Not saying we should if we are playing Juve at their own game to put them on notice for possible future deal then fair enough. And lets remember it's reportedly not just Juve who don't value him at the same level as United.

But if we're being stubborn just for the sake of holding out for an invented valuation and costing the club money and stalling a guys career then we should just cut our losses.

A measly £2.6m would pretty much cover his wages for the 2018/19 season, we're not using him anyway so it didn't seem like that bad a deal.

devilish

Not saying we should if we are playing Juve at their own game to put them on notice for possible future deal then fair enough. And lets remember it's reportedly not just Juve who don't value him at the same level as United.

But if we're being stubborn just for the sake of holding out for an invented valuation and costing the club money and stalling a guys career then we should just cut our losses.

A measly £2.6m would pretty much cover his wages for the 2018/19 season, we're not using him anyway so it didn't seem like that bad a deal.
12m is United's valutation and Darmian is our employee. Juventus can either pay up or they can feck off. 2.6m is pocket money for United. We might as well keep him here and show that the time when we were can be taken to the cleaners is truly over.

PS: I won't be surprised if Darmian had sealed a backroom deal with Juventus which will, of course, lower his price to the ridiculous. That's what Juventus do. So don't feel too sorry for him.

stevoc

12m is United's valutation and Darmian is our employee. Juventus can either pay up or they can feck off. 2.6m is pocket money for United. We might as well keep him here and show that the time when we were can be taken to the cleaners is truly over.
Thats pretty much what i said mate if it's part of a longer game fair enough.

PS: I won't be surprised if Darmian had sealed a backroom deal with Juventus which will, of course, lower his price to the ridiculous. That's what Juventus do. So don't feel too sorry for him.
To be honest i don't feel sorry for him at all really.

el3mel

Guess Darmian is going to stay then. Juve backed off and Inter signed their right back. Great.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Big fee with Cedric as well.

quackattack

I don't get the hate. Him staying means we keep a versatile player who actually does quite well as a CB. No, he isn't a world beater or bursting with flair, but he is consistent and reliable.

Miscemayl

Happy he's staying. He can play in 3 positions so is a good backup to have.

Not sure why we would ever want to loan him out, not like we need to save money on his wages.

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
Juventus is so unbelievably cheapskate. :lol:
Do they have any sense of shame? Really take us for idiots.

Kostov

I don't get the hate. Him staying means we keep a versatile player who actually does quite well as a CB. No, he isn't a world beater or bursting with flair, but he is consistent and reliable.
He played a match vs Reading reasonably well at CB, otherwise I'm not sure when has he played at CB for us? Against Arsenal maybe?

Either way, I'd rather we left and we gave that spot on the bench to some of the youngsters. He's not in the club's plans so why waste an opportunity in my view.

Devil may care

I don't hate him, I actually feel sorry for him, he wants to restart his career and is a great pro but we are making it impossible for him to move on despite the fact he's clearly not in the plans, he barely ever makes the matchday 18 nevermind the starting 11.

beingshe7don

Not sure what the hell the board are waiting for.... This guy needs to leave... No offense to Darmian..... but we should have cleared Darmian and Valencia in this window.... Need a clearout soon....

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Would he offer less than Young? I doubt it.
Yeah he is nothing worse than our any other option on right back. He is also probably our best fullback when it comes to defending. And I really dislike Darmian.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Not sure what the hell the board are waiting for.... This guy needs to leave... No offense to Darmian..... but we should have cleared Darmian and Valencia in this window.... Need a clearout soon....
Tbf - there’s definitely a few higher on that list of deadwood we need clearing, IMO. Though granted, saying others need replacing isn’t exactly a reason to keep one of the others who needs moving on either.

C'est Moi Cantona

Yes, Darmian has been terrible for us on the main, hence why he never plays, and no one wants to buy him, Young on the other hand is consistently in the team, and does a decent job.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He would not offer less than Young. He's better defensively and considering our defense that's what we need more. Young going forward this season on the right has been abysmal. For some reason he works much better on the left than right, probably down to his one trick that he does that involves cutting back instead of going down the flank.

As for Darmian, he's homesick so hopefully he can go back to Italy. He's a versatile option to have and he's always ready to play no matter how out of match form he is which shows how much of a professional he is but he's also replaceable.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Don't we have an option to extend his contract for another year?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
A really average player, who i'd be surprised if he's completed more than 10 full 90minutes without a booking.

Surprised it's so hard to shift him off. He clearly wouldn't say no to a move home.

Him and Rojo have to be the first two shipped in the summer. (On the understanding Valencia is as good as released then)

We need an rvn

be patient. Summer is round the corner and perhaps we couldn't get the replacements in that we want. Therefor it would be better to keep them and be available should we need rather than sell and have to rely on an 18 year old reserve player who is blatantly not better than Darmian yet

Status
Not open for further replies.