Darmian / Signs permanent deal for Parma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cargsy

It's a pity it never worked out for him as there were such high hopes when we signed him but there must be something there for Juventus to hover around him for so long.

His performance in the Europa League final was a highlight for me, thought he was man of the match.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Good squad player who played way more games as a starter than he should. Not his fault, though.

Ban

Juventus grabbed us by the balls on this the same way they did with Pogba and the same way they managed to get Can and Ramsay for free. That's the benefits of having top quality football people at the club.
Your love for Juve is well known.

Ban

Tbh Rojo and Valencia should go before him. Good luck to the lad, was a professional the whole time.
Amyway hope he's a first to go and we'll get a CB and a RB in the summer.

w1thout

The funny thing is Alexis destroyed him and he was never the same since. And now Alexis is, well...

Last edited by a moderator:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Tbh Rojo and Valencia should go before him. Good luck to the lad, was a professional the whole time.
I don’t get these responses. I’m sure we have a number of players who are available for sale/loan. Why some posters are so caught up with the specific order in which they leave the club I will never get. The available players will go when we get suitable offers for them. In whatever order.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Can't have played more than about ten full 90min appearances without a booking.
Pure mediocrity beyond that quality first month

Member 115509

Strange that a guy who barely makes United's bench is going on loan to the best team in Italy by some margin.

Negan

Good luck.

He’ll do well in Italy as he’s more suited to the Italian style. Full backs are expected to defend there. In England, they’re judged on assists and crosses.

stevoc

All 3 plus Jones need shifting, so lets take what we can when an opportunity presents itself. And sort the others later.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Juventus grabbed us by the balls on this the same way they did with Pogba and the same way they managed to get Can and Ramsay for free. That's the benefits of having top quality football people at the club.
Oh yeah. Taking a terrible player on loan from us. Really got us there.

quackattack

Have a feeling he could have done better if he would have been retrained as a center back, or?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Poor "feck Juventus" guy... He was so happy Darmian decided to join us.

pensionator

Supports
Juventus
Stop the celebration folks, luckily both Nedved and Allegri have confirmed Spinazzola (Sandro’s backup) is staying and we’re not bringing in anyone

RedDevil@84

We still need to move on quite a few players, Rojo being the most obvious.
Rojo is not going anywhere. He has a big contract and is always injured. No one will even think of taking him unless he dramatically improves on the injury front.
Once that is done, we only need to find a team that will take his wages.
I think by the time all that is done, his contract will probably be up.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Oh yeah. Taking a terrible player on loan from us. Really got us there.
Darmian isn't going to be a first teamer at Juventus. He'll be their OShea basically, covering the RB and LB role. After the loan they get him on free. Meanwhile they will be selling Spinazzola making money out of it. Therefore they got a 12m something rated full back for free while concurrently selling Spinazzola for a similar fee. Don't tell me that's not value.

devilish

I believe you.
Not sure how they have us by the balls regarding this deal?
They did what they always do ie they arrange things with the player behind the scenes so he would refuse any offers that is not Juventus. We won't get bankrupt by it. However you can't deny they do know how to do business.

gajender

Darmian isn't going to be a first teamer at Juventus. He'll be their OShea basically, covering the RB and LB role. After the loan they get him on free. Meanwhile they will be selling Spinazzola making money out of it. Therefore they got a 12m something rated full back for free while concurrently selling Spinazzola for a similar fee. Don't tell me that's not value.
How exactly are they getting Darmian for free we do have option for another year in his contract , Juventus are great at getting value for their money but they won't be signing Darmian for free.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I know you love Juventus a lot but you should read news too. There is option to extend, so Juventus won't be signing him for free.

CM

I'm not at all opposed to him leaving but the timing is a little strange. We aren't exactly blessed with options at full-back and it was only a couple of games ago Darmian was deputising at centre-back. I'd sooner get shot of Valencia.

devilish

How exactly are they getting Darmian for free we do have option for another year in his contract , Juventus are great at getting value for their money but they won't be signing Darmian for free.
I know you love Juventus a lot but you should read news too. There is option to extend, so Juventus won't be signing him for free.
Ah ok I misread the details although I can't see Juventus paying 7m for him which means he'll be their's for free in a year time. And for the millionth time I don't love Juventus, I actually hate them. They are arrogant, they are Aholes with fans and while I do agree that Calciopoli was a coup to bring them down I also acknowledge that the Agnelli's wealth comes from very dark sources that no Maltese who like history can possibly support.

I only admire the way they work, which is completely different to loving the club. For example I love how Liverpool are playing at the moment. That doesn't make me a Liverpool supporter :shivers: Most of us hate the way we're operating at board level that doesn't make us Manchester United haters.

piesel

Agnelli's wealth comes from very dark sources that no Maltese who like history can possibly support.
Thank God there are those honest and transparent families like the Berlusconi's and Moratti's.

devilish

Thank God there are those honest and transparent families like the Berlusconi's and Moratti's.
Berlusconi links to the mafia are well renowned. I don't know much about the morattis. The Agnellis factories armed the fascist regime

Havak

Pokemon master
Ah ok I misread the details although I can't see Juventus paying 7m for him which means he'll be their's for free in a year time.
In the Summer, we valued Darmian at around £16-18m. Juventus wouldn't match that, I think they were willing to go as high as £13m. The haggling was ongoing, but then we had a few defensive injuries in pre-season, most notably to Valencia, so I am pretty sure this deal was tabled so we had cover.

This seems to be the case now that he's been allowed to go on loan. The success of this loan deal is going to be the determining factor in how much he costs as we will activate his one-year extension as it is entirely the clubs call and not Darmian's. If he plays well for Juventus, they will probably have to match our initial asking price minus the £3m cost of this loan. He will go to Juventus in the Summer for around £9-15m IMO. They're paying £3m to loan him for for five months - they'll pay more than £7m if they rate him enough to tie him down to a 4+ year contract even with only a year left on his current contract.

He's a cheap utility player that bolsters their squad and allows them to invest more in other areas.

arthurka

In the Summer, we valued Darmian at around £16-18m. Juventus wouldn't match that, I think they were willing to go as high as £13m. The haggling was ongoing, but then we had a few defensive injuries in pre-season, most notably to Valencia, so I am pretty sure this deal was tabled so we had cover.

This seems to be the case now that he's been allowed to go on loan. The success of this loan deal is going to be the determining factor in how much he costs as we will activate his one-year extension as it is entirely the clubs call and not Darmian's. If he plays well for Juventus, they will probably have to match our initial asking price minus the £3m cost of this loan. He will go to Juventus in the Summer for around £9-15m IMO. They're paying £3m to loan him for for five months - they'll pay more than £7m if they rate him enough to tie him down to a 4+ year contract even with only a year left on his current contract.

He's a cheap utility player that bolsters their squad and allows them to invest more in other areas.
Fully agree with this. He will do well for them.

Kidders

I'd actually go as far as saying he's our best Defensive FB which does'nt say a lot for the rest, unfortunately for him his offensive game is non existent, I'd rather sell Valencia this window and sort out the FB positions in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.