Darren Anderton

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
He was a great player. Shame he was a massive sicknote. Would have loved a fully fit Anderton at United.

I’ll never forget an England game where he was on his hands and knees looking for a contact lense that had fallen out :)

Ibi Dreams

I’ll never forget an England game where he was on his hands and knees looking for a contact lense that had fallen out :)
He was slightly before my time and that's the only memory I have of him at all

I certainly wouldn’t describe him as a great player.

good player on his day, those days weren’t often enough, and he gets overrated in the same way Ledley King is.

Gets a lot of leeway as he wasn’t fit, and so people judge him on his potential or missed potential rather than what he brought on the pitch.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
My first memory of the England National team growing up was watching Beckham and Anderton score against Colombia in the '98 world cup.

So Anderton is always a player I rate just on that (nostalgia does it to you in terms of bias)

PeteManic

Typical overrated 90s player. If he hadn't played for Spurs he would have never got near England.

Typical overrated 90s player. If he hadn't played for Spurs he would have never got near England.
He’s not overrated because he’s from the 90’s. That’s a strange piece of analysis.

Is was overrated because of his injuries, one of those players whose reputation got better the more games he missed.

SATA

Was originally the master of long passes and crosses in England until Becks came along. Was good in Euro 96 too

The Purley King

When actually fit which was rare he was quality.
Excellent techers (is that still a word?)

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Thought he played well at Euro 96 and World Cup 98. Liked his tandem with Beckham in France, complemented each other well. One of the few wide players England have had who adapted to different systems and shapes with ease.

Wilt

aka Sick Note ...occasionally seen him around town and he still looks in good shape for his age

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
A good player, but I know only two people who thought he was better than Beckham.
A guy at work..and Glenn Hoddle.

Had a knack of missing months of seasons then getting fit just for tournaments.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Good player. My biggest memory of him is him hitting the post in the Euro '96 semi.