Darren Fletcher | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
Training today apparently.

LR7

I'm guessing that its full training he's doing now because he's been in the training photos for the last few weeks. I think I read somewhere recently that he was pencilled in for a late October return. It'll be nice to see him back though I imagine it'll take him a while to get back up to speed (match fit). Hopefully we are still in the league cup, though I'm sure he will play a few U21s games first.

LR7

How do you know it's now cured? Haven't seen anything said..
Because the operation he had will have removed the inflamed section of bowel completely. Just depends on how he has recovered but I'd expect its good if he is training again.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Because the operation he had will have removed the inflamed section of bowel completely. Just depends on how he has recovered but I'd expect its good if he is training again.
Am i being silly or was this Op not quite a while ago and he has been 'cured' for a while, it was just regaining the confidence etc that he struggles with?

Eto'odinho

Retard magnet
This is brilliant news. He may not be marquee player but he is player that epitomises the virtues of self belief and hard work. He is exactly the sort of a player we need around in the dressing room at the moment. I have always found his attitude exemplary, good luck to the lad. Really hope he is able to play competitive football again after being out for so long.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Good news. Although, it has been in news for some time now that he may return towards end of October. It may take him some time to get to speed, but even if we have him fully fit and up to speed by mid December, it will be huge boost. The midfield options will look lot better, especially if we get someone like Herrera in January.

LR7

Am i being silly or was this Op not quite a while ago and he has been 'cured' for a while, it was just regaining the confidence etc that he struggles with?
It's quite a serious operation which he had earlier in the year iirc. I've never read about any confidence issues, just that he's been recovering, which takes time, then steadily working on re-building strength and fitness.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
If hes fit, he's still our best option to play alongside Carrick in the midfield!

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Nothing, and I do mean nothing, would make me happier as a United fan than seeing Darren make it back. And I refuse to be anything but optimistic about this.

Commadus

Like Hargreaves, Fletcher is finished, I said this a while back.

Its unfortunate but that's how it is.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Like Hargreaves, Fletcher is finished, I said this a while back.

Its unfortunate but that's how it is.
Hardly surprising that you, ray of sunshine that you are, would be of this opinion.

Fletcher isn't anything like Hargreaves, by the way. Hargreaves was a crock, Fletcher has been seriously ill - not comparable at all.

Count Orduck

I'm sure you're not being unkind, but he's had a section of his bowel cut out. Not figuratively, or metaphorically - he's actually had a chunk of his insides cut from his body. It takes a while to recover from that.

Does anyone with any more knowledge of the operation / condition know how it affects him. Does he have to dramatically change his diet?

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Nothing but brilliant news! Even if he's never the same player. His health is returning to normal which is brilliant news in its own regard.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I'm sure you're not being unkind, but he's a section of his bowel cut out. Not figuratively, or metaphorically - he's actually had a chunk of his insides cut from his body. It takes a while to recover from that.

Does anyone with any more knowledge of the operation / condition know how it affects him. Does he have to dramatically change his diet?
Search the other Fletcher threads - sammsky has posted some very insightful stuff on his condition, having had it himself. As far as I know Fletch's operations have been successful, meaning that he is now healthy - as in: it won't flame up again. The diet, I think, is mainly an issue if you do not have an operation, i.e. the diet is a means to keep the condition at bay. Once the problem has been - literally - cut out, I don't think diet is a major issue anymore. But, again, check out sammsky's posts - he knows what he's talking about.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Has there ever been a player to come back after the best part of 3 years out and make it at the top level?

I literally can't think of a single one.

Fletcher is more determined than most, but it's pretty optimistic at best to think he'll be able to buck that trend.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Has there ever been a player to come back after the best part of 3 years out and make it at the top level?

Fletcher is more determined than most, but it's pretty optimistic at best to think he'll be able to buck that trend.
Yes - the odds are probably stacked against him. But there are reasons to be optimistic as well. He's a fighter - no doubt extremely determined to make it back. And then there's the nature of his absence. Most players that are out for that long are, as they say, perma-injured, never able to get over some injury or other - that is, a more common football injury. Fletcher is in a different category. He has been kept out by a medical condition which isn't football related at all. If he can get back to his old fitness levels, who knows? And doing that is not impossible given his age - he isn't thirty yet.

sajeev

Awesome news! would love it if he could get back to the 2008-10 form. even otherwise great news

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness

Not three years but the (original) Ronaldo blew his knee out in 1999, was out for nearly a year and then blew it out again in 2000 after 6 minutes of his comeback game. Missed two years in total. Came back and won 2002 world cup.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Nothing, and I do mean nothing, would make me happier as a United fan than seeing Darren make it back. And I refuse to be anything but optimistic about this.
Indeed. Whenever I remind myself of Gaz' "comeback" season I remind myself he is still only 29. Incredible that, seems to have been around forever.

Commadus

Hardly surprising that you, ray of sunshine that you are, would be of this opinion.

Fletcher isn't anything like Hargreaves, by the way. Hargreaves was a crock, Fletcher has been seriously ill - not comparable at all.

You are really clueless. I posted ages ago that Fletchers illness will really curtail him and we wouldn't see him again due to the nature of his illness - not a great prognosis.

Hargreaves - I posted way back that what injury he had he wouldnt overcome it - I know quite a bit about the injury and I was proven right.

Its got nothing to do with your outlook just plain old facts.

Ash_G

Would love to see him back in some capacity even if it's just a squad role. Can imagine it will be very tough to get fitness but am sure he can get enough to play a deeper role at least.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
You are really clueless. I posted ages ago that Fletchers illness will really curtail him and we wouldn't see him again due to the nature of his illness - not a great prognosis.

Hargreaves - I posted way back that what injury he had he wouldnt overcome it - I know quite a bit about the injury and I was proven right.

Think I'm more qualified to comment on this than most. And I tend to agree with you buddy Fletcher for me is finished at the top level unfortunately!

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Actually, those are both just opinions. Really obvious ones too.

You might still be proven wrong on one of them too.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd

Ah, I see. A thousand apologies. You are clearly a wise and fair man - and I bow humbly to your wisdom. I hope you can forgive me at some point.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Would like to see him play again, but would be amazed if he gets anywhere near his peak form and condition. He deserves it. It can't be easy facing a recurring illness and setbacks like he has.

Status
Not open for further replies.