Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Not good enough for West Brom either as far as I am concerned. He'll likely swap our bench for theirs.

FromTheBench

Not good enough for West Brom either as far as I am concerned. He'll likely swap our bench for theirs.
Dunno, he is returning after long layoff and problems.

Only after a good regular stint will get to know.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Dunno, he is returning after long layoff and problems.

Only after a good regular stint will get to know.
Let it go. He's been fit for more than a year now. He's done.

Even if what you say is correct, on what basis would WBA want to give him a regular stint in their team? He has looked out of his depth everytime he's stepped onto the pitch in a competitive game, regardless of opposition, for far too long.

FromTheBench

Let it go. He's been fit for more than a year now. He's done.

Even if what you say is correct, on what basis would WBA want to give him a regular stint in their team? He has looked out of his depth everytime he's stepped onto the pitch in a competitive game, regardless of opposition, for far too long.
He has not been fit for over a year. First part was very stop start. Only after summer he has been and he has never played regularly and still LVG has him on the bench regularly due to training i assume.

Not the first time a player returning from long term Injury takes time to recover. And won't be the first time a player looking poor at a big club looks much better after moving.

He definitely isn't good enough for United anymore but if WBA want him and give him a good role then he should take it.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
We’ve let go Sheazy and Brown to Sunderland when they were still very very good.

So even if we do love him so much, we must see what is the best for the club, and with Carrick and Blind he can’t compete

Bwuk

If he wants to go - let him. He isn't good enough anymore.

Ixion

If he is open to the move at all we should let him go, and smuggle Anderson with him.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He has not been fit for over a year. First part was very stop start. Only after summer he has been and he has never played regularly and still LVG has him on the bench regularly due to training i assume.

Not the first time a player returning from long term Injury takes time to recover. And won't be the first time a player looking poor at a big club looks much better after moving.

He definitely isn't good enough for United anymore but if WBA want him and give him a good role then he should take it.
I seem to recall him being available and playing a fair amount of times under Moyes last season too.

Of course, if WBA can promise him regular footy he should take it, I just see now way he plays ahead of Yacob, Mulumbu or Morrisson in there.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Great servant to the club but his playing days are numbered here. If the desire to play on and the illness is under some form of control, then WBA would be a good move under Pulis.

Should be welcomed back with open arms into a coaching capacity as soon as the career closes however.

Has he had a testimonial?

crimsonife

It would be a good decision for both sides. He's been a really good player for us but it's obvious that he can't really compete in the midfield anymore. If he wants to we should do it.

stu_1992

Sad to say, but if the enquiry is true, then we should let him go. Surely he'll want to move as well, seems like the type of person that is too proud to sit on the bench with no real role.

Truedevil

If he wants to go - let him. He isn't good enough anymore.
If he wants to go? Of course he doesn't want to leave United for West Brom, however he is not good enough anymore so selling him is the only logical solution.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
In the old days they would have take him out the back & shot him, but in these more enlightened times, he should be put out to pasture.
Its political correctness gone mad I tell you.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I can't see him doing anything for West Brom.

lem8sh

Hope he stays until the end of the season, would hate to see him down in the relegation zone. Come summer time hopefully he could get a decent move to Scotland or something.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Hope he stays until the end of the season, would hate to see him down in the relegation zone. Come summer time hopefully he could get a decent move to Scotland or something.
Feck's sake, surely this is all getting a bit much now? Yes, we get it, he's seemingly a nice guy who has had terrible luck with injuries. 'Would hate to see him in the relegation zone?'. It isn't the Gaza strip down there, it is high level, highly paid, professional football. He'd be fortunate to land in the lower half of the PL.

Cristiano Jonaldo

Lawyer Here!
Feck's sake, surely this is all getting a bit much now? Yes, we get it, he's seemingly a nice guy who has had terrible luck with injuries. 'Would hate to see him in the relegation zone?'. It isn't the Gaza strip down there, it is high level, highly paid, professional football. He'd be fortunate to land in the lower half of the PL.
This. Darren Fletcher is no longer good enough for one of the biggest clubs in world football, but still getting a good salary playing regularly at a team fighting relegation in arguably the highest profile football league in the world is hardly Guantanamo. It's more than most footballers achieve in their careers, and Fletcher is stepping down to this nearing the end of his.

If I was Fletcher though I'd feck off to Celtic. The Scottish league is nowhere near the quality of the BPL and he'll be more important for them and his career will last longer up there.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
If he doesn't leave will he receive the same abuse Cleverley received when we thought he'd turned down Aston Villa?

lem8sh

Just personal opinion, wouldn't like to see him scrapping away for them useless bastards. Would like to see him get a cosy move up to Scotland or something similar. All up to him though at the end of the day.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
If he doesn't leave will he receive the same abuse Cleverley received when we thought he'd turned down Aston Villa?
No, although Cleverley was a pretty average youth player who never really did much for us. Fletcher was always respected for his work ethic, and will probably not see too much criticism if he decides to stay instead.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
No, it's much, much worse!:devil:

FujiVice

Absolutely not. There is no emotional connection towards Cleverley like there is Fletcher. Cleverley is seen as a mediocre wage thief by a large portion of our fans. Fletcher has been here most of his life. I'd totally understand if he refused to leave. I wouldnt agree its the best thing for us, but I certainly wouldnt begrudge Darren Fletcher if he believes he's got something left in him.

MoskvaRed

I very much doubt it as the circumstances are so different - he has contributed a lot in the past, his current inadequacies are due to illness and he comes across as very down to earth (never heard of the DF "brand"). The question is probably academic anyway - I think he is honest enough to realise he can no longer play for teams competing for the Premier League and I expect him to leave at the end of the season.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Sad to say, but if the enquiry is true, then we should let him go. Surely he'll want to move as well, seems like the type of person that is too proud to sit on the bench with no real role.
Let Him Go, Let Him Go
Give him to Pulis and he'll see
Let Him Go, Let Him Go
He doesn't work in a midfield three

Watch his pass
Just go astray
Bring Craig Gardner on
His bowls always bother him anyway

...That's right, I'm bored.

Kag

No, and quite rightly. Leaving United will be massive for him. I wouldn't begrudge him another six months to clarify in his own mind what he wants to do and where to go next. If he does leave this window then all the best to him.

In an ideal world he'd get to say goodbye to the supporters, but that was one of the luxuries of actually being good and winning titles.

CallyRed

SSN reporting interest from Valencia as well, from their " sources"

Status
Not open for further replies.