Darren Fletcher - First team coach

scorgasm

Last Man Standing champion 2020/21

Manchester United is pleased to announce that Darren Fletcher will join the first-team coaching staff.

Darren spent 20 years with the club as a player after coming through the Academy to make over 340 first team appearances between 2003 and 2015. He has been coaching the Under-16s since October and will now join the first-team staff full-time.

Commenting on the appointment, first team manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said:
"Darren has the United DNA running through his veins and he knows exactly what it takes to be a Manchester United player. He is at the start of his coaching career and his experience both on and off the pitch along with his winning mentality, commitment and hard work will be a great addition to the staff.”

Darren Fletcher said:
“I am delighted to be returning to the club as a first -team coach. It’s a very exciting time for this young team and I am looking forward to taking the next steps in my coaching career by working with Ole and his staff.”
Full article: https://www.manutd.com/en/news/deta...-man-utd-first-team-coaching-staff-4-jan-2021

Last edited:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Brilliant. Comes across very switched on, good mentality and there was excellent feedback from his first time coaching with us when he had his medical issues.

Nikelesh Reddy

Fantastic news..,Absolutely delighted to see Fletch back at the club.I”m sure he”ll be a great addition to the coaching staff...

rotherham_red

He was always really impressive in the way he went about his analysis when on MOTD, Sky and BT so I'm sure he'll be a great addition to the team and a good sounding board of ideas for Ole, Phelan, McKenna and Carrick.

macheda14

Anyone with their academy knowledge know how the u16s did under him however short a spell it was?

Jaxa

Big fan of this, love Fletcher as a player and as a football man in general,

I think he will be great to have around the current crop of youngsters.

crossy1686

career ending
The nepotism runs deep, our club is run disgracefully. First Ole, then Phelan and Carrick. Now Fletcher...

Am I doing it right? We're supposed to be outraged right?

AneRu

Happy with this, seems like SAF's recommendation on retiring is finally being implemented. I like Fletcher because he epitomizes the world ethic that is required of a top team and he would be a fantastic addition if he drill the same into the team.

hubbuh

Why do Carrick, McKenna & Fletcher escape criticism?

Edit; I'm chuffed to see Fletcher back.
:lol:

Excellent news, this. Absolutely love Fletcher. As others have said he comes across really well and will surely have a lot of involvement with McTominay's development.

SoCross

The nepotism runs deep, our club is run disgracefully. First Ole, then Phelan and Carrick. Now Fletcher...

Am I doing it right? We're supposed to be outraged right?
It makes us so very cross right? Disgraceful!

I think you are doing it right.

prateik

This makes me really happy.

Fergie's son back where he belongs.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Love this news. We never really know how influential individual coaches are but Fletcher comes across as so knowledgeable.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
He's always come across as an articulate and insightful guy, so this is excellent news.

united for life

Great news. Another coach who understands the culture of the club and can contribute the development of our players

Adnan

Talent Spotter
We've had a great history with Scottish coaches so hopefully this will be the start of something great again.. :drool:

AshRK

This just confirms Ole has got full backing from the board and he is here to stay. I don't mind it to be honest.

Robertd0803

Good. Fletchers attitude and work ethic was always fantastic and he always seemed to be one that would be great at coaching.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Are we the only club with the most first team coaches? I have a feeling one of ours will leave searching for new challenge end of this season.

sveisa

Anyone know anything about his coaching merits/style?

RUCK4444

Awesome news!

Another club man who knows the standard required from the players. This is vital in a young team where the players haven’t yet been there and done it themselves in the PL.

He’s an excellent student of the game, very knowledgeable and a good communicator, I’m hopeful he will be influential in that coaching team.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Great picture of Fletcher, McKenna and Carrick

It's about time they brought some Flair to the club.

All jokes aside I really like Fletcher, think he's the perfect type personality to be a coach. Calm, level headed and thoughtful but also knows what it requires to be a winner.

The way he battled on through his ilness to have a great end to his career was very impressive. Will be interesting to see what his role is.