Darts

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Ando amazing on back to back nights. The 146 finish when Dimitri looked like breaking back was amazing. I think leg difference will pretty much wreck his hopes of qualifying, but brilliant to see him back.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Damnit Dimi, had the chance to go 3-6 but blew it and completely threw it away after that even though he didn't really do much wrong. Encouraging after an off-night last night but I think he basically needs to win out now to finish top 4.

Jippy

Staff
Damnit Dimi, had the chance to go 3-6 but blew it and completely threw it away after that even though he didn't really do much wrong. Encouraging after an off-night last night but I think he basically needs to win out now to finish top 4.
It was an odd match with Dimi averaging 107 but only getting eight shots at double. Wright took out a 10 darter to win that one where Dimi missed the bull tbf.

Wright looks a goner tonight though.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
It was an odd match with Dimi averaging 107 but only getting eight shots at double. Wright took out a 10 darter to win that one where Dimi missed the bull tbf.

Wright looks a goner tonight though.
Yeah he's out, with Dimi and Clayton playing each other tomorrow. H2H game for the last semis spot, nice.

paulscholes18

Almost like it’s two different Jose de Sousa with and without the darts, with the darts averaging 91 against the darts he’s averaging 118

paulscholes18

Jose de Sousa hit the highest average recorded on darts connect yesterday 127, won 6-0 and today beat MVG in the super series final

cyberman

Cant wait until Im told over and over by Sky that MVG is back after a routine first round win to then see him get trounced in the third round.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Cant wait until Imntold over and over by Sky that MVG is back after a routine first round win to then see him get trounced in the third round.
He will never ever get back his dominance. He's lost that. He will still win here and there but never bully people again.

cyberman

He will never ever get back his dominance. He's lost that. He will still win here and there but never bully people again.
I fully agree. MVG has to humiliate opponents for him to feel normal again and if he can't get there then he falls apart. Its an impossible standard to reach when you are aware you can be beat which didnt happen 3 years ago.
If he readjusted to the new normal he could be a contender who has to raise his game to win a major, just not every major. He will never be the player who can take a year off and still be top of the rankings 12 months later ever again.

ChrisNelson

Yes very sad loss to the sport, only 59 too.

Always had his health issues but still was a bit of a shock to hear.

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
The Viking. Remember him as opponent from Barney in the early days of darts on Dutch television. Legend of the sport and nice guy too. May he Rest In Peace.

Jippy

Staff
Bit late with it, but RIP Andy Fordham. I played a couple of legs against him at corporate events years back. He was arrogant and not overly pleasant the first time -when he was world champ- heh and I beat him with an 81 finish checked out on the bull and won one of his shirts, which I still have. If he dropped a dart he made a lackey pick it up.

The following year, when he was no longer world champ, he was charming, chatting to everyone and way more relaxed. He drank prodigiously at both, but the second time he was on either wine or vodka, I forget now, but he was off the beer to avoid the calories.

Sad to hear he's died after losing that weight following the stroke- 59 is way too young.

paulscholes18

Think the heat is really affecting them the last few days.
Must do, especially under the extra heat playing under the lights.

Just read that de Sousa has got dyscalculia, which I thought he must have due to the number of miscounts he has.

Jippy

Staff
Must do, especially under the extra heat playing under the lights.

Just read that de Sousa has got dyscalculia, which I thought he must have due to the number of miscounts he has.
That makes a lot of sense.

His match with Smith was phenomenal, as was Ando v Asp.

I think the QFs and semis are too long as matches. Reckon Price will comfortably beat Dimi but hope I'm wrong.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
That makes a lot of sense.

His match with Smith was phenomenal, as was Ando v Asp.

I think the QFs and semis are too long as matches. Reckon Price will comfortably beat Dimi but hope I'm wrong.
I've put a speculative fiver on it going all the way at 66/1.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
MVG is really unlikeable isn’t he? Watched him last night and Christ he’s annoying.