Darts

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
5-4 down and 2-0 down and winning 8 legs in a row is absolutely insane! Smith has 105/107 averages in those sets too.

Both players deserve it, but Wright going to god mode made the difference.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
fecking booing him lifting the trophy. This crowd are scum

paulscholes18

They won’t be announcing the PL line up tonight, hopefully it’s due to covid restrictions in Holland and needing a Vaccine passport for Ireland and not waiting to see if Fallon gets a tour card at Q school.

Fts 74

Those last 3 sets were darts from another planet.

Hes one of the greats Peter Wright feel for Smith absolutely nothing he could do.

Name Changed

weso26
I feel bad for Smith. He didn't take his chances and let Peter in too often. He should have won. Wright was awesome towards the end. A couple of really bad starts to legs in the 10th set killed Smith.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Wright was having to be apologetic at the end there because of the crowd. Despicable.

Zen

"he's not wilted has he?"

Aye, some top shit commentary here, Smith has quite clearly wilted. He was a 180 machine earlier.
The commentary is basically a rinse and repeat of the same stuff
"Great marker" - followed by another miss
"Not letting XXX's heavy scoring get to them" - actually are
"Legs or whatever have gone, scoring is low" - followed by some heavy scoring

I mean I can't massively blame them for it, there's hardly much you can say sometimes, but the marker one is especially hysterical... I'm pretty sure there's a lower double percentage after a marker than without :lol:

croadyman

Brilliant from Wright. Smith will be kicking himself though. He had 2 legs on his throw for a 6-4 lead
Yeah he needed to jump on Wright's poor scoring when he got 5-4 up, just couldn't find those ton pluses to keep him at arms reach

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Gutted for Smith. He's always been a player more comfortable chasing than leading. I thought he'd turned a corner this tournament but this loss will crush him, and its quite likely he'll never win one now.

Zen

Gutted for Smith. He's always been a player more comfortable chasing than leading. I thought he'd turned a corner this tournament but this loss will crush him, and its quite likely he'll never win one now.
Bit crazy to go with this.... bare in the mind the previous guy almost everyone used to say it about just won his second title and is 20 years older. Not that I'm massively saying it's not possible, but there's nothing to suggest 2 final losses will cripple him, most in individual sports seem to eventually get over the line if they keep up the work ethic required to stay at the top - different sport, but Andy Murray is everyone's favourite case here.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Bit crazy to go with this.... bare in the mind the previous guy almost everyone used to say it about just won his second title and is 20 years older. Not that I'm massively saying it's not possible, but there's nothing to suggest 2 final losses will cripple him, most in individual sports seem to eventually get over the line if they keep up the work ethic required to stay at the top - different sport, but Andy Murray is everyone's favourite case here.
Yeah I hope I'm wrong. Smith is still young, but the strength in depth in darts now means Smith, or anyone really, could easily go 3-5 years without even getting to a worlds final

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I was a die hard darts fan, I always tried to watch every match especially if it was the Matchplay or World Championship but I finally gave up two years ago. It's unwatchable to me thanks to the modern day crowd fecking singing England songs and jeering when players are on crucial doubles. It's a shame what happened to the sport. Caught the end tonight and it just made me sick hearing them morons boo Peter Wright lifting the trophy. cnuts.

croadyman

Yeah he will think it's becoming a bit of an issue, however has got years on his side compared to Jenkins at his peak in 07. Unfortunately he bumped into a peak Wade in those Matchplay & Grand Prix finals.

Personally think the one who needs to be more worried is Chisnall because is in a similar situation but is much older.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
The constant booing of Wright made it an enjoyable win. Prior, I wasn’t even bothered who won as both a likeable but the crowd edged it towards Wright for me.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Wow, just watched it. Thought Wright was toast at 5-4 and 2-0, but unbelievable comeback. Averaging 113.93 in the last 10 legs is remarkable under pressure. Glad he goes down as a great, but Smith had a brilliant tournament and hopefully will win a major or two next year.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Fallon's not had the best Q school so far this week. Taylor is back in practice for the senior events.

Wonder what this is? Maybe bringing the challengers back?

Maybe just announcing the lineup?

The Cat

Ross Montgomery wins the card today.

Richie Burnett gets his back on the overall ranking table as does Scott Waites.

cyberman

Fallon's not had the best Q school so far this week. Taylor is back in practice for the senior events.

Wonder what this is? Maybe bringing the challengers back?

Maybe just announcing the lineup?
Apparently they’ve been waiting on news about possible restrictions to pick what venues to go to rather than this waiting on Fallon nonsense

The Cat

Apparently they’ve been waiting on news about possible restrictions to pick what venues to go to rather than this waiting on Fallon nonsense
Maybe - thought they had announced the venues though and that wasn't going to change. We'll find out soon!

F-Red

It was all about Fallon, Sky have a big equality agenda that her inclusion into the Premier League would fit nicely.

cj_sparky

Was that the announcement?
Not sure how to attach a tweet.

But it is 8 players.

Quarter Final - Semi Final - Final each week. 5 points for the Winner (£10k Bonus), 3 Points Runner Up and 2 point for semi finalists.

Then a 4 player play off. I assume on the 17th week.

The Cat

It needed something anyway.

Can't see a way in for Barney or Fallon with only 8 players. I'd guess at Price, Wright, MvG, Wade, Smith, Anderson, Clayton, Dimi. Think Jose de Sousa is the one they will omit - will be between him or Wade anyway and Jose is way off form.

If they leave the two of them out then maybe Cross has a chance.

paulscholes18

Ross Montgomery wins the card today.

Richie Burnett gets his back on the overall ranking table as does Scott Waites.
Old man’s game at the UK Q School, youngest winner in the 3 days has been James Wilson at 49. Burnett and Burness are very likely to get a tour card and they are both mid 50’s.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Not sure how to attach a tweet.

But it is 8 players.

Quarter Final - Semi Final - Final each week. 5 points for the Winner (£10k Bonus), 3 Points Runner Up and 2 point for semi finalists.

Then a 4 player play off. I assume on the 17th week.
Might be ok I guess. They need to ensure it doesn't wind up being the same players facing each other every week though.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
It was all about Fallon, Sky have a big equality agenda that her inclusion into the Premier League would fit nicely.
To the detriment of the whole competition.
She clearly isn't good enough. Regardless of being a girl or not it should be based on how good the players are.
I like Fallon alot and I hope she has a great career but she doesn't deserve to be picked for stuff because she's a girl. That's not equality

sallycinnamin

Darts The Masters starts tonight @ The Marshall Arena ITV4 nice warm up before the start of the Premier League.