Darts

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Watching the Darts tonight and it got me thinking listening to the crowd again...
Snooker, Pool and it's various forms of it all have very quiet audiences during play actions, where as darts the crowd are allowed to scream and shout at any point. One would think the pressure to make a dart shot would require a similar amount of focus as in those other sports.

Wonder who decided, we don't cheer and scream in snooker/pool but in darts it's fine.
It seems generally more an English and maybe Dutch and German thing. Some tournaments, like the Las Vegas Desert Classic, have near-silent crowds and it's a bit weird tbh.
It's obviously a very different audience to snooker etc and they're stumped now cos if they block the drinking no-one will go. It's just the football crowd's hijacking of it over the last year that has made it super-annoying.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
What has happened to Wright? Looked set to be the guy after winning the worlds and now his body language is shocking and averaging 90.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Great comeback from Smith, hope he does it tonight

paulscholes18

Smith V Noppert on the European tour was a highet class repeat of the UK final. Noppert won 6-4 both averaged over 102

Jippy

Staff
Luke Humphries has won three of the Euro tour events now, winning £75k and jumping into 13th. Would be no surprise if he wins a major or two this year or next.

2cents

Scout
Wright vs Cullen about to start, only thing on the line tonight

Jippy

Staff
Just seen highlights. Shame Wright' out. Harsh losing that leg on 10 darter when he was on one too. Rare bit of composure from Cullen.

Hard to look beyond Clayton for the winner though.

SirAnderson

Just seen highlights. Shame Wright' out. Harsh losing that leg on 10 darter when he was on one too. Rare bit of composure from Cullen.

Hard to look beyond Clayton for the winner though.
Yeah that was very harsh, but he's form earlier in the season has caught up unfortunately.
Also don't see passed Clayton at the moment.

2cents

Scout
Delighted for Smith last night. Finding Clayton a bit boring at the moment.

2cents

Scout
Very, he's struggled so many times to get over that final hurdle and he's done it, hopefully this will open up the floodgates and it happens more often for him.
When he’s on it like last night there’s nobody I’d rather watch.

paulscholes18

Whitlock just hit three bulls for a 150 checkout to win the match in the Dutch Championships:lol:

:lol:, if only Mardle was the commenter, probably wouldn't have been able to talk for a week, like the time Jose hit 3 tops

2cents

Scout
Whitlock just hit three bulls for a 150 checkout to win the match in the Dutch Championships:lol:

That’s class. Think Van Gerwen did it few years ago although not for a finish?

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Well done to Michael Smith, he's getting over the line now, seems like a nice chap too.

Jippy

Staff
:lol:Wade just took out 81 with a treble 3, then two double 18s. MVG looked confused, laughing.

Nordic Masters has been decent. Dimi spanking Price 10-5 was excellent.

cyberman

MVG just missed 3 trebles by hitting the next bed over. Shows where he is at right now.

Edit no joke I could have beaten MVG over these last two legs. It’s like watching your mate throw drunk at the end of the night

2cents

Scout
:lol:Wade just took out 81 with a treble 3, then two double 18s. MVG looked confused, laughing.

Nordic Masters has been decent. Dimi spanking Price 10-5 was excellent.
[/QUOTE]

2cents

Scout
Destroyed Anderson

paulscholes18

@Jippy
Even with Wade he hasn't been the same player since his illness, so on Premier League finals on Monday you have Clayton V Cullen and MVG who needs surgery vs an out of sorts James Wade. Hopefully I'm wrong (and we get some close matches) but I see an easy nights work for Clayton

Jippy

Staff
@Jippy
Even with Wade he hasn't been the same player since his illness, so on Premier League finals on Monday you have Clayton V Cullen and MVG who needs surgery vs an out of sorts James Wade. Hopefully I'm wrong (and we get some close matches) but I see an easy nights work for Clayton
What was actually wrong with Wade? Saw he had a few days in hospital in Germany a couple/few weeks ago.

Not sure Clayton's in top form either. You could get Cullen spring a surprise and be the third debutant winner in a row if he's on it on the night.

I'll only get to see the pdc's half hour online highlight package on Tuesday sadly. Can't stay up for that on a work night.