Darts

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
On the biggest darting stage of all finally brilliant Michael Smith. The way he dug himself out in the earlier rounds and tonight was outstanding.
Looking forward to the Premier League next few weeks time.
Obvious picks but interesting to hear others picks that might sneak in.
Cant see many shock picks. Will they go for Barney again? Ando not for me. Dimi might need a pick. Price gonna get palters. Hope Clayton is in. Not checked the rankings so just guessing now. Cant see them going for Fallon but who knows. Would like divingboard in there myself hes fun. Noppert might get a go

sallycinnamin

Cant see many shock picks. Will they go for Barney again? Ando not for me. Dimi might need a pick. Price gonna get palters. Hope Clayton is in. Not checked the rankings so just guessing now. Cant see them going for Fallon but who knows. Would like divingboard in there myself hes fun. Noppert might get a go
Smith
MVG
Wright
Price
Clayton
Wade
Aspinall
Cross
Humphries
Then last one Van Dujovenbode, Noppert, Josh Rock or a surprise pick.

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Premier League players imho: Smith, MVG, Wright, Price, Humphries Clayton should be sure then for the remaining two spots I'd say:

Joe Cullen: Runner-up last year and also won the Masters
Nathan Aspinall: Reached two major finals in 2022 (World Gran Prix, Grand slam of darts)

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Smith
MVG
Wright
Price
Clayton
Wade
Aspinall
Cross
Humphries
Then last one Van Dujovenbode, Noppert, Josh Rock or a surprise pick.
If the PDC is trying to capitalize on the little hype in Germany they could pick Clemens as a surprise, reaching the semifinal at least gives him some credibility as a serious participant.

Doracle

Think it’s too early for Rock. Clements seems a solid call given how British the event looks otherwise.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Please no Wade, Anderson or Aspinall.

cyberman

I swear Taylor and Wade had a similar 9 dart leg as tonight or am I going crazy?

ChrisNelson

I swear Taylor and Wade had a similar 9 dart leg as tonight or am I going crazy?
They both hit one in the same match, don't think they were close to getting one in the same leg.

Still very impressive 'I was there' moment though!

cyberman

Taylor hit two 9 darters in the final of the premier league...

Oh I know that but somethings telling me there was a 9 darter somewhere that the opponent just missed or didn’t have a chance to throw at.
If I remember that game correctly wasn’t there a third attempt at another one?

ChrisNelson

Oh I know that but somethings telling me there was a 9 darter somewhere that the opponent just missed or didn’t have a chance to throw at.
If I remember that game correctly wasn’t there a third attempt at another one?
MvG against Wade in 2013 hit a 9 darter then threw 8 perfect darts in the following leg, missing D12.

Wade seems to be involved in a few 9 darter incidents, not only this but the match against Taylor where they both threw one and also against Thornton in 2014 when both players threw one.

sallycinnamin

World Series of Darts Bahrain
CET 4-8pm today
Smith
Price
Clayton
Wright
Barney
Humphries
Cross
Van den Bergh

Vs The rest!

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Barney was immense v Humphries, banging in the 11 dart legs and coming back from 4-0 down to win 6-5.
I like this rejuvenated, more chilled incarnation of RVB.

Jippy

Staff
Bit of a different crowd at Bahrain. Every five minutes or so one bloke tries to start off a Yaya chant but fails miserably to get anyone else involved and gives up. I hope the people sat near him are all giving him disdain looks.

CallyRed

Bit of a different crowd at Bahrain. Every five minutes or so one bloke tries to start off a Yaya chant but fails miserably to get anyone else involved and gives up. I hope the people sat near him are all giving him disdain looks.
I don't get it. You should end up looking like a loud mouth drunk in a pub having his own party.

Bully boy with his third trophy in a row. Should have lost in the QF but won it without playing great but also understandable after the worlds.

paulscholes18

Conan Whitehead would have got a tour card if he didn’t play today, as he lost by 3 legs he misses out.

sallycinnamin

Gary Andersons scoring back on, his doubles way off though. Dobey v Humphries should be interesting. As was said last night a lot of players on holidays since the Ally Pally but a lot went on a hard practice.

Jippy

Staff
Wow, not seen a match were both players average over 110 for a long time. Cross 112.32 and 77% on doubles, Ando 111.7 and 60% checkout, and eight 180s each.

Doracle

Cross kicking on again would be great for the sport. Another player capable of regularly averaging over 105 in the younger generation would really make the top of the game very competitive.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
When is the PL lineup announced?

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Cross kicking on again would be great for the sport. Another player capable of regularly averaging over 105 in the younger generation would really make the top of the game very competitive.
Hes beating MVG right now