Darts

paulscholes18

Chris Dobey will have to find an extra gear for the final, both Wright and Cross have been great all weekend

paulscholes18

Well, well, well, PDC now need to pick 4 from Dobey, Humphries, Noppert, Clayton, R. Smith, Aspinall, Cullen (only because he was a width of a wire away from winning last year) and Clemens (because sky spoke a lot about how many people watched his run to the WC Semi final from Germany).

Wayne's World

Rob Cross was absolutely smashed on that stage wasn't he? :lol:

Never knew the Masters was an unranked event, kind of diminishes the achievement Dobey has made since he would have been in the top 16 If it was ranked

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands

Never knew the Masters was an unranked event, kind of diminishes the achievement Dobey has made since he would have been in the top 16 If it was ranked
Clayton won more of them last couple of years which were unranked. He still was high enough to get decent seeding and landed a load of cash including the PL.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Line up for prem

Smith
Wright
Price
MvG
Clayton
Aspinall
Van den Bergh
Dobey

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Very surprised to see Dimi make the cut, especially over the likes of Humphries, Cross, Cullen, Noppert.

sallycinnamin

Line up for prem

Smith
Wright
Price
MvG
Clayton
Aspinall
Van den Bergh
Dobey
Just seeing this now. Surprised VDB. Can't believe no Humphries although last few weeks form dipped. So many more had great chances Noppert, Cross, Clemens, Van Dujovenbode and probably more. Having said all that refreshing to see all the changes for so many years all 8 were barely discussed now the standard has gone so higher.

Berbasbullet

Just seeing this now. Surprised VDB. Can't believe no Humphries although last few weeks form dipped. So many more had great chances Noppert, Cross, Clemens, Van Dujovenbode and probably more. Having said all that refreshing to see all the changes for so many years all 8 were barely discussed now the standard has gone so higher.
Agreed, Cross to me seems like someone you'd have in the prem.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Humphries should be there.

Berbasbullet

I'd have gone
Big 4
Clayton
Cross
Aspinall
Humphries

Although that's probably too British favoured?

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I'd have gone
Big 4
Clayton
Cross
Aspinall
Humphries

Although that's probably too British favoured?
I'm surprised Cross isn't in there after a decent year. Maybe a bit of a surprise Dimi getting picked after an indifferent year, but I guess they've dropped Ando and Wade and are going for a younger line-up.

Jippy

Staff

Same with Prem, being invitational events and yep why Clayton was still barely top 16 at the time despite winning both.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I'm surprised Cross isn't in there after a decent year. Maybe a bit of a surprise Dimi getting picked after an indifferent year, but I guess they've dropped Ando and Wade and are going for a younger line-up.
Not only younger, also more international. They still gotta sell tickets for the events in Belgium, The Netherlands, even Germany right across the border would do well if Dimi is involved (think the PL is in Berlin though).

That said, he did reach the semis in the Worlds last month, but I feel like he wouldn't be in if he was English, Scottish or Welsh.

Jippy

Staff
Not only younger, also more international. They still gotta sell tickets for the events in Belgium, The Netherlands, even Germany right across the border would do well if Dimi is involved (think the PL is in Berlin though).

That said, he did reach the semis in the Worlds last month, but I feel like he wouldn't be in if he was English, Scottish or Welsh.
He won back to back World Series events too and a tour event, but yep, Cross or Humphries would've been more natural picks in many ways.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Dobey continuing where he left off Sunday, taking the opening night.
Fair play to him. Watched most of it tonight but was expecting MVG to wrap it up easily so knocked it off after his semi win. Not sure I like the lineup this year there just seems something missing.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
The top is so competitive these days. Smith, Price and Wright all out in the first game.

Good on Dimi to immediately get some points on the first night. Needs to get the monkey off his back against MVG though, feel like it's become more mentally than anything else by now.

Jippy

Staff
Fair play to him. Watched most of it tonight but was expecting MVG to wrap it up easily so knocked it off after his semi win. Not sure I like the lineup this year there just seems something missing.
Yeah, I know what you mean, but I think it's the format as well.

I've finally got a decent streaming service with catch up now, so watched it last night and it was decent, with some good spells in matches, but not brilliant. Short format games can be so hit and miss.

Having this same knockout format 16 times with the same 8 players is going to get very samey.

paulscholes18

Looks like Cadby is having Visa issues again, as he is not playing in the pro tour at the weekend.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Dimi gets three tries at the board to make it 5-5 and chokes three times. You simply deserve to go out if you do that against MVG.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Drama. Thought MVG had that, looked cool as you liked at the end but misses two in a row for the game.

Would be quite the dream for Price if he wins in Cardiff.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Great game that. Really thought also that MVG was wrapping it up easy.

Price loving it with the Welsh crowd.

Zen

Darts is so great...... 110-95 average and the winner is the 95 one. :lol:

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Surprised Leonard Gates has gone over to the seniors so soon.
Darryl Fitton is looking very fat.
I'm not sure he isn't allowed to do it - I don't think he is a PDC tour card holder and those are the people not allowed from memory. He qualified for Ally Pally from a US qualifier so is allowed.

I think that's the case anyway.

Jippy

Staff
I'm not sure he isn't allowed to do it - I don't think he is a PDC tour card holder and those are the people not allowed from memory. He qualified for Ally Pally from a US qualifier so is allowed.

I think that's the case anyway.
Ah, fair enough, I thought he got a tour card. Maybe it was Baggish from the US.

Just turned it on and Thornton has really ballooned in size too. He was never thin, but his jowls are huge now.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
This is one of the best matches I’ve ever seen from Dimi. Finally consistent triples and fine on the doubles.