Darts

wangyu

@ChrisNelson

That 1.5 million figure is probably UK only as I read it gets at least a million viewers in Germany
thanks for responding btw

wangyu

John McDonald always announces for the millions watching around the world. Surely the PDC would never stretch the truth.
Not sure if you’re being sarcastic but I know for a fact that it gets aired on tv in Germany, Poland, Belgium and Holland, prize money keeps going up so the sport is still growing. Whether this results into millions of viewers I really do not know but it is indeed what John claims.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Not sure if you’re being sarcastic but I know for a fact that it gets aired on tv in Germany, Poland, Belgium and Holland, prize money keeps going up so the sport is still growing. Whether this results into millions of viewers I really do not know but it is indeed what John claims.
I was indeed ;)

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Nice to see Ando winning the players championship today, his first ranking event in over three years. Played some brilliant stuff as well, with quality 121 and 141 outs v Price in the semi and a perfectly timed to demoralise 170 against Ratajski in the final.
He said he's enjoying it again too, so hope he can win another biggie this year.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Oeefff Smith a milimeter away from a 9-darter there.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
So close.

Is the standard this year a bit shite? Wonder how the averages compare with previous years.

sallycinnamin

Where did that come from with Clayton?
Great to see it although. Having said that his doubles have been alright, unusually for him he hasn't been in matches due to bad scoring/visits but he certainly upped the ante last night like the Clayton of two years ago.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Sheesh, Asp eliminates MVG in Rotterdam in the first round.

2cents

Scout
MVG beats Price for the first time in ages.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Crazy level of darts in this final now. Smith is unreal.

sallycinnamin

Price : Q
MVG: Q
Smith: Q

Who gets the last spot both on 22 points I think. Either Aspinall or Clayton?
I'll go with Aspinall just about.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
It's unusual having a closely matched to 3. If Wright could regain his form and make it a top four that would make for a brilliant season.
I wonder what's happened there? He's my favourite player and it's sad watching him get savaged week in and week out.

2cents

Scout
Price : Q
MVG: Q
Smith: Q

Who gets the last spot both on 22 points I think. Either Aspinall or Clayton?
I'll go with Aspinall just about.
I find Clayton boring but Aspinall constantly over-hyped, so hopefully Clayton.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I wonder what's happened there? He's my favourite player and it's sad watching him get savaged week in and week out.
Yeah I'm a big fan too and am worried about him. I know his and his wife's health issues disrupted last year, but no idea about this year.
He's still able to do it in bursts- he was amazing the other week on the Euro tour when he beat Smith, hitting three 11 darters and a 13 darter where he had darts to win it in 11 in a four leg spell.

Just really patchy though and when he's bad he's really bad. At 53 he's a year older than Taylor was when he retired, so you worry if he can reverse the decline and if so for how long.

Berbasbullet

Yeah I'm a big fan too and am worried about him. I know his and his wife's health issues disrupted last year, but no idea about this year.
He's still able to do it in bursts- he was amazing the other week on the Euro tour when he beat Smith, hitting three 11 darters and a 13 darter where he had darts to win it in 11 in a four leg spell.

Just really patchy though and when he's bad he's really bad. At 53 he's a year older than Taylor was when he retired, so you worry if he can reverse the decline and if so for how long.
Did we just reverse jinx him?!

2cents

Scout
Clayton goes through.

2cents

Scout
MVG wins the Premier League again, 11-5 against Price.

2cents

Scout
Poland with a decent 9-dart attempt.

2cents

Scout
This Danish lad with the bleached hair is great!

2cents

Scout
This guy…

sallycinnamin

That Gary Anderson checkout was brilliant but obviously game of the day was Belgium vs Netherlands and well done to that lady for having the foresight to not under any circumstances let Dimitri Van den Bergh loose on the microphone!

ForEverEleven

Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Really looking forward to the finals today, best tournament in the calendar by far excluding the worlds of course. Love the new format as well as it now really is a proper team event you dont get to see anywhere else.

Berbasbullet

Weirdly want the Belgium weirdos to win! Dimi to knock Price out and moonwalk off the stage please.