Darts

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
You can imagine Taylor doing it in an exhibition match. I saw him play at a corporate Virgin Money gig- he was pegging 180s for fun while barely looking, talking to his mate.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I was at the O2 for the finals and managed to miss the 9darter due to tube delays - FFS!

Jippy

Staff
That is harsh- been to Ally Pally a couple of times and to Players Championship in Frimley Green but never O2.
How was it? It's like a fecking aircraft hanger that place, you can't really see anything at Ally Pally, but that place you'd need a telescope...

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
That is harsh- been to Ally Pally a couple of times and to Players Championship in Frimley Green but never O2.
How was it? It's like a fecking aircraft hanger that place, you can't really see anything at Ally Pally, but that place you'd need a telescope...
You need to be careful about where you get seats in the O2 - not worth going if you are in the top tier or anywhere further than the first half or so. Even if you are close you end up watching on the screens so it is really more about the atmosphere.

Jippy

Staff
Tbh it was the same at Ally Pally- last December I was in the corporate 'VIP' bit. You could go next to the little alley bit the players walk out from and maybe high five them, but you were still some some 60-70 feet behind the board. Bearing in mind the player throwing is generally blocking your view, you are pretty much getting pissed watching it on the big screen and enjoying the atmosphere.
Was enjoyable, but Frimley Green was much more 'hands-on'-you could at least see what they had hit with your own eyes. I can imagine O2 would be a nightmare for that if you have duff tickets.

Jippy

Staff
This UK Open has been an odd tournament but some great moments in part due to it's unusual format.

Gary Anderson nine darter

Kim Huybrecht's girlfriend is back:drool:

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Brilliant darts from van Gerwen, dominated the game and has been in excellent form this year.

Probably the first time I've seen Taylor visibly upset during a game of darts.

Jippy

Staff
Brilliant darts from van Gerwen, dominated the game and has been in excellent form this year.

Probably the first time I've seen Taylor visibly upset during a game of darts.
I know, Taylor was getting outclassed and didn't like it. Excellent QFs tonight. Thought Waites was brilliant but MVG was in another league. Barney maybe back too.

Tomorrow will be interesting. Not sure RVB can last the format as good as he looked tonight. MVG looks fecking awesome at the mo' and is great to watch.

Jippy

Staff
Anderson has started off like a steam train. He's great to watch when on form. The Finnish qualifier looked shell-shocked after that first set!

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Ridiculous match earlier between Gary Anderson and John Bowles, with Anderson winning the deciding set 6-4, with Bowles having had 3 chances of winning the game. Anderson hit 19 180's and hit treble 20 more times than single 20. Bowles had the game of his life. Anderson still needs to improve on his doubles which were terrible.

Jippy

Staff
Ridiculous match earlier between Gary Anderson and John Bowles, with Anderson winning the deciding set 6-4, with Bowles having had 3 chances of winning the game. Anderson hit 19 180's and hit treble 20 more times than single 20. Bowles had the game of his life. Anderson still needs to improve on his doubles which were terrible.
Amazing he had a 98 plus average yet missed 47 doubles. If he halved the misses his average would be near 120.

Amazing game between Thornton and Nicholson
That game was superb. So many twists and turns and Nicholson unusually gracious in defeat.

Barney currently doing his best to feck it up. Want to see him against Anderson in the next round.

20solskjaer

I cant stand that whitlock, his stupid hair and beard wind me up, tonight session looks like a few cracking match ups

Jippy

Staff
I cant stand that whitlock, his stupid hair and beard wind me up, tonight session looks like a few cracking match ups
I like the guy- his checkouts are amazing at times. He is odd though- that thing he said about how he cuts his own hair but cannot reach the back so he leaves it:lol:

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Barney was brilliant last set. I missed his third and fourth set wins as I was driving home, but he really raised his game, once he was within a finish it was game over. One shot at a double each time. Whitlock didn't get a sniff, despite probably throwing better today than he did against Chisnall.

StuCol

Chimp
Power 2-0 up and not even out of 2nd gear. Hamilton could easily have this square by taking just half of his checkout opportunities

iczster

Lord Sugartits (and worst transfer muppet ever)
The power still has the hoodoo on some of the older school players. The up and coming players dont have that baggage against him.