Darts

paulscholes18

Cracking performance from Ratajski, 5-1 down against Price then averaged 119 in the next 5 legs to win 6-5

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Sky love him so they would have picked him anyway, PL looking like to me
MVG
Wright
Cross
Anderson
Price
Wade
RVB
Smith
Whitlock
Mensur
Yeah if someone likes Huybrechts or Lewis has a brilliant world championship they could knock out probably Whitlock. Him and Mensur most vulnerable in that group.

paulscholes18

This Reyes-Lennon match is tumescent.
Not sure why that match got picked for the main stage.
Good chance for Gurney to end a poor year on a high, playing Dobey and if he wins that he plays Bunting or Noppert (all 4 will be thinking the same)

ChrisNelson

Was a cracking semi-final which MvG won 11-9 only to lose the final by the same score to Gurney!

Gurney can be a hard bloke to like sometimes but I think Gerwyn Price is now firmly established as public enemy number one!

paulscholes18

Was a cracking semi-final which MvG won 11-9 only to lose the final by the same score to Gurney!

Gurney can be a hard bloke to like sometimes but I think Gerwyn Price is now firmly established as public enemy number one!
The only time I’ve seen Gurney go OTT was the Grand Prix Final when he bumped into Whitlock. Think Price is hated more then Nicholson ever was

sallycinnamin

Sets things up nicely for the Ally Pally in Dec, the way this years winners of majors has been spread around it is wide open. Obviously the usual suspects but a lot of contenders and I for one am looking forward to it. Anderson v MVG 2o legs in what a half an hour unreal!

paulscholes18

Some interesting names in the recent PDC past have qualified for the BDO worlds, Andy Hamilton, Wes Newton and Nigel Heydon

paulscholes18

Oh they've entered that cos they've lost their PDC tour cards?
Think it was Wayne Mardle that said Hamilton went to get his confidence back before giving the PDC another crack, Newton failed to get his tour card back at Q School, guess that was the same for Heydon

Jippy

Staff
Think it was Wayne Mardle that said Hamilton went to get his confidence back before giving the PDC another crack, Newton failed to get his tour card back at Q School, guess that was the same for Heydon
Oh right. The BDO tour has so few events though.
Never massively rated Wes. Quarter final player at best and he looked permanently confused in a somewhat simple way.

sallycinnamin

On the eve of all the action at the Alexander Palace, who are everyones picks/ outside chance. This is when Christmas begins for me anyway. Top 32 don't enter till round 2 I think and yes Anastasia will be there. Most nationalities this year and personally think it's wide open given the spread of major winners wouldn't be surprised to see another new name on the trophy. I'll go with Gary Anderson and either or James Wade/ Peter Wright.

Jippy

Staff
On the eve of all the action at the Alexander Palace, who are everyones picks/ outside chance. This is when Christmas begins for me anyway. Top 32 don't enter till round 2 I think and yes Anastasia will be there. Most nationalities this year and personally think it's wide open given the spread of major winners wouldn't be surprised to see another new name on the trophy. I'll go with Gary Anderson and either or James Wade/ Peter Wright.
Hmm, I hope Ando makes it three, but not sure he will. Wright possible, but always feel power scorers can blow him away and not sure he's in form tbh. Mensur could be a dark horse and reckon Michael Smith might have a decent run but lose in the semis.

paulscholes18

Got a feeling that De Zwaan beats Rob Cross tonight.
Peter Wright’s form is iffy at best but has a good run to the QF (potentially its Alcinas, Van De Pas And Cullen) before playing Price

Robbo's Shoulder

Supports
United and Barrow AFC
Anderson for me but it will good to see an in form Wade this year

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Good day to start, with arguably the most inform player in the world Gary Anderson playing later
I was forced into it as its my job to broadcast the tournament but I definitely don't mind it now even though it's the 1st rounds with a couple of uneven matches.

I think I've gotten the hang of most of it now although I can't always see why some players choose certain numbers at some points.

paulscholes18

I was forced into it as its my job to broadcast the tournament but I definitely don't mind it now even though it's the 1st rounds with a couple of uneven matches.

I think I've gotten the hang of most of it now although I can't always see why some players choose certain numbers at some points.
That would be set up shots,
Let’s say you have 303 left no point of going for 20’s as a single 20 leaves 283 and you can’t leave a finish with your next 2 darts, but if you 19’s and score 133 that leaves 170.
Also everyone has their favourite double, Anderson for example his fav is D20 and will try and leave it when possible

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Let’s say you have 303 left no point of going for 20’s as a single 20 leaves 283 and you can’t leave a finish with your next 2 darts, but if you 19’s and score 133 that leaves 170.
Also everyone has their favourite double, Anderson for example his fav is D20 and will try and leave it when possible
Cheers. Promising tournament so far in the later rounds. Two of the top favorites been given a good game. Such a gulf of class between the rounds though.

Jippy

Staff
Yep. Ando avoids 32 like the plague, but it's lots of players' fave.
Ando's scoring power is off the charts. Glad he got tested though. I do reckon mvg wins this.

paulscholes18

That D8 from North to save the match (with his opponent on a double), to me has been the dart of the tournament so far

cyberman

Somebody, somewhere, needs to invent some darts chants.
Who still does the Toure chant heading into 2019?

paulscholes18

Somebody, somewhere, needs to invent some darts chants.
Who still does the Toure chant heading into 2019?
Yes, when I went last year it’s the same 5 chants on repeat
Yaya
Feed the stands
Can’t afford the tables
Shall we sing a song for you
Stand up if you love the darts

DavidDeSchmikes

Yes, when I went last year it’s the same 5 chants on repeat
Yaya
Feed the stands
Can’t afford the tables
Shall we sing a song for you
Stand up if you love the darts
what about 'Oh take me home, please don't take me home, I just don't wanna go home'?