Darts

ChrisNelson

I've always found something about RvB a bit unlikeable so I was quite happy to see him dumped out last night.

I thought Labanauskas played very well under the circumstances i.e. no one in the Ally Pally was supporting him. Still, they'll be dancing on the streets of Vilnius!

2 big shocks so far with Wright and now RvB going out (although I don't think the second one was anywhere near as big as the first) but I still think the rest of the real big guns will get to the business end of the tournament.

paulscholes18

No Wade behind too. Get Kim back in.
I like Chizzy but he will need to beat Kim and likely Gurney to have a chance to be selected I believe, even maybe De Zwaan as a wildcard but that can do more bad then good for a younger player.

Why is Wade being such a knob all of a sudden

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I like Chizzy but he will need to beat Kim and likely Gurney to have a chance to be selected I believe, even maybe De Zwaan as a wildcard but that can do more bad then good for a younger player.

Why is Wade being such a knob all of a sudden
I don't really care for Chizzy tbh. He's a good player on his day, but he's a bottler and his interviews are painful, given his IQ is in single figures.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
"My son is 10 weeks old an he texted me, he's very advanced, and he said dad don't lose" Wade says with a Trump-like smirk like he was being hilarious.

paulscholes18

"My son is 10 weeks old an he texted me, he's very advanced, and he said dad don't lose" Wade says with a Trump-like smirk like he was being hilarious.
And said I wanted to hurt my opponent. What was that all about, Asada just played the board and did nothing to deserve what Wade did

Wayne's World

That was one of the weirdest post-match interviews I have ever seen a Darts player do.

Repeating about his 10 week old son and that he was doing it for his country? Borderline xenophobic that...

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Nearly as high as Adrian Lewis
At least in his day he was in some of the best ever televised matches. I'm sure him v Gary Anderson in the final and him v Taylor in some late stage match both smashed records for most 180s etc...
:lol:wtf, missed the post match interview.

ChrisNelson

I don't want to be too harsh because I know Wade has struggled with mental health issues but regardless, what a strange man he is. That interview was an absolute train wreck.

I could understand a bit more if he'd just played Price or Gurney i.e. players that take delight in getting under your skin but Asada was just up there chucking darts, I bet Wade hardly knows and has rarely even played the guy.

To come out and make comments like that afterwards, well I hope Barry Hearn has a quiet word in his ear. I'm not talking bans or anything like that but he needs telling he shouldn't be doing that.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Wade is disliked by a huge amount of the tour players. Even allowing for his condition he has always been known as super arrogant.

ChrisNelson

Wade has now apologised...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/darts/46632477

James Wade has apologised for his behaviour during and after his victory against Seigo Asada at the PDC Darts World Championships, saying he was "fighting a battle" with himself.

Wade, who won 3-2 in the second round, celebrated in his Japanese opponent's face after clinching the second set.

After Wednesday's win, Wade said he "wanted to hurt him in his face".

On Thursday, Wade explained he had a "hypomania episode" before the game but how "upset" he was with his actions.

"I hope people can understand how remorseful I am," the 35-year-old added.

Former player and Sky Sports pundit Wayne Mardle described Wade's performance as "aggressive" and likened it to "bullying".

"I dug in deep there. It's a magnificent feeling. I could have easily lost that. I've done it for my son, for my country, so it's good," Wade told Sky Sports following the win on Wednesday.

"I kept giving it to him, I wanted to hurt him, I wanted to really hurt him in his face and I wanted to progress. That was for my 10-week old son and for the UK."

In a statement on Twitter on Thursday, Wade said: "I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely apologise for my actions last night.

"Seigo Asada is a great player and I would like to say sorry to him, the fans and the PDC. Anyone that has followed my professional career will know this was very out of character for me and I'm disappointed in myself with the way I acted both on the stage and in my interviews after the match.

"I was fighting a battle with myself before I even got on the stage due to a hypomania episode which can happen to me at any time and no-one is more upset than I am about what happened."

paulscholes18

That explains it, but certainly doesn’t excuse it

Nobody can see to hold their throw tonight, breaks galore

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
And said I wanted to hurt my opponent. What was that all about, Asada just played the board and did nothing to deserve what Wade did
Yea, don't care for him at all. In the pre-match video he talked about having grown up and not having much of a temper anymore. Mate, you're 35 and you're a dad. You're not a 24 year old just starting to getting the grasp of adulthood.

What a smart son Wade has! Texting at 10 weeks?!?!
Yea, that's what I meant when I said he gave a Trump-like smirk. He really thought he was being funny saying that.

paulscholes18

Can’t remember a championship where so many players have been pulled back from 2-0 up, Ian White fecked up big time, how many darts did he miss in a row at tops, yet when he had 56 left went 16 and obviously missed both darts at tops, braindead darts

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Mvg and Anderson must be loving the way it's going. Probably hoping for an easy game against Lewis now at the business end.

paulscholes18

Mvg and Anderson must be loving the way it's going. Probably hoping for an easy game against Lewis now at the business end.
Price has had the best of it, Wright, Cullen & White all out, can’t see anyone in his Quarter causing him many problems

CallyRed

Gerwyn Price has a habit of this, getting a lead in a match than somehow throwing it away. I don't think he handles the breaks inbetween games very well.

Aspinall has been brilliant since the final break.

paulscholes18

Or not then :lol: 2-0 and you fecked it up

Means that one of
Aspinall, K Anderson, Peterson, West, Alcinas , Van De Pas, Dolan or King Will be in the SF

paulscholes18

:( Poor Alan Norris, fair play to him for being able to play. His wife only has weeks to live, cancer is evil