Darts

sallycinnamin

Series of Darts in Brisbane ITV4. James Wade out Peter Wright out. Gary Anderson excellent v Corey Cadby.. That visa debacle really set Cadby back but he has to try get on with it and at 24 he could do great things over the next decade. Quarters, semis and Final on Sat and then two more Australian venues maybe Sydney and Melbourne,

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Series of Darts in Brisbane ITV4. James Wade out Peter Wright out. Gary Anderson excellent v Corey Cadby.. That visa debacle really set Cadby back but he has to try get on with it and at 24 he could do great things over the next decade. Quarters, semis and Final on Sat and then two more Australian venues maybe Sydney and Melbourne,
Ah nice one, something to watch tonight. Hope Ando is back after last season's write off.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
If he can avoid deportation. He has quite the colourful history.

sallycinnamin

For me this is when the darts season really begins again- World Grandprix @ CityWest Dublin starts tonight on Sky. Hopefully going to the semis on Sat. Have to start on a double to begin your score. Should be good.

paulscholes18

1st round normally throws some surprises also some big 1st round games Smith v Whitlock and Cross v Mensur

sallycinnamin

Was good stuff for opening night Jamie Hughes, Whitlock and Van Den Bergh all with great chances. Some real get out of jail stuff coupled with brilliance from MVG, Smith and King.

sallycinnamin

Tonight's lineup not half bad either:

Bunting v Clayton

Van der Voort v Aspinall

Adrian Lewis v Watemina

Durrant v Ratajski

Gurney v Noppert

Price v Chisnall

Cross v Suljovic

Wright v Hopp.

sallycinnamin

Second round or last 16 starts tonight and the matches:

James Wade v Mervyn King

Michael Smith v Ian White

MVG V De Zwann

Gary Anderson v Chris Dobey

paulscholes18

What do you make of it so far and who is your pick along with MVG? Looking to see how well Aspinall and Dobey can do.
Glen Durrent has a very good all round game, think the winner of cross and durrent will meet mvg in the final. But if mvg keeps his form from yesterday he will be unstoppable

Jippy

Staff
Glen Durrent has a very good all round game, think the winner of cross and durrent will meet mvg in the final. But if mvg keeps his form from yesterday he will be unstoppable
He was a bit lucky tonight with those missed doubles.
Watermina looking really good. Seeds dropping like flies.

sallycinnamin

Tonight's QF Line-up @ CityWest Dublin:

19:15 Ian White v Chris Dobey

20:15 Dave Chisnall v Nathan Aspinall

21:15 Michael Van Gerwen v Mervyn King

22:15 Glen Durrant v Jermaine Wattimena.

paulscholes18

High class game between Chizzy and Aspinall with the Asp losing 3-1 with a 93+ avg, getting in he was phenomenal but struggled to get out, had darts to with the 1st set, then chizzy missed two to win 3-0

ChrisNelson

What an open tournament. I haven't watched as much darts over the last year or so, I used to be hooked on it but now snooker and cricket are my sports after football.

It makes a nice change though not to see the usual suspects facing off at the back end of the tournament i.e. Anderson, Wade, Cross, Taylor (before he retired) etc...

Not sure what kind of form MvG is in but clearly he's still the man to beat although it would be good for the sport for Durrant to win a big PDC event.

sallycinnamin

Champions league Darts all weekend on now this evening and tomorrow all across BBC 1 and BBC 2.

Jippy

Staff
Camera work is shocking. Keeps zooming on players faces and then misses the double after they’ve thrown it.
First match I've seen this weekend and camerawork is poor, missed a double and some cover shots. The Sky guys are way better.
Worse is the commentator who rabbits on endlessly.

paulscholes18

Same old story with Wright vs MVG. Wright gets match darts then goes to pieces.

That woman is a lying shit stirring bitch. Has an interview with Wright who sarcastically said that MVG isn’t that good. She then goes to MVG and said that Wright said that he didn’t deserve to win it

sallycinnamin

Same old story with Wright vs MVG. Wright gets match darts then goes to pieces.

That woman is a lying shit stirring bitch. Has an interview with Wright who sarcastically said that MVG isn’t that good. She then goes to MVG and said that Wright said that he didn’t deserve to win it
Absolutely spot on give her a bigger spoon to stir it with. Wright did go to bits but MVG showed some grit and class to finish it out. On to the Europeans on ITV4 Thursday I think.

paulscholes18

As MVG is gone well suffice to say it's anyone's to win it. Back on this afternoon and tonight.
Now Snakebite got KO’d by the Black Cobra. Asp V Price & De Zwaan V Wattimena are two games I’m looking forward to tomorrow.
If Whitlock & Clayton can reproduce their form from yesterday Gurney and Chizzy will be in for a rough night