Darts

paulscholes18

Some good looking 1st round ties for the World Grand Prix starting next week

MVG V Ratajski
Bully boy v Dimitri
Rob Cross V Gando
Chizzy v Durrant

Devon Peterson could be a good outside bet, had a good Autumn Series and backed it up by winning his first European pro tour title yesterday

paulscholes18

Ryan Joyce with an excellent performance to beat snakebite, won one of his legs with Wright still on 501

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
:lol: , that was fantastic, King without batting an eyelid bangs in a 180 and leaves the dead fly there.
That was bizarre. King should've done the same with that second fly!

Peterson has looked a different player with his aggression...just a shame he blew all those doubles for the two sets.

paulscholes18

That was bizarre. King should've done the same with that second fly!

Peterson has looked a different player with his aggression...just a shame he blew all those doubles for the two sets.
Yes, his work with Wayne Mardle has done wonders to his game, a 180 machine ATM. Does need to improve his double’s to become a top 16 player. that’s always been Devon’s achilles heel unfortunately.

paulscholes18

Devon does look like a top 16 player now.

Christ, that was the best I've seen Whitlock play in years. Brilliant win, so consistent.
Missed it :mad:, Whitlock was class vs Dobey avg over 100, wasn’t great vs King, and then to avg over 100 and beat MVG 3-0, Would be funny if he won it , from not even Supposed to be in the competition
Definitely bet on Price to win at the right time (before his game vs Kim), so at least I get money if that twat wins it.
Hopefully Chizzy can pull a rabbit out of the hat and wins his first PDC major.

Jippy

Staff
Missed it :mad:, Whitlock was class vs Dobey avg over 100, wasn’t great vs King, and then to avg over 100 and beat MVG 3-0, Would be funny if he won it , from not even Supposed to be in the competition
Definitely bet on Price to win at the right time (before his game vs Kim), so at least I get money if that twat wins it.
Hopefully Chizzy can pull a rabbit out of the hat and wins his first PDC major.
Hope Chizzy gets to the final- his finishing was all over the place with the 155 and 2x 150s, but then blowing so many set darts.
Price was a good bet- he's never done much at the Grand Prix before.
That Whitlock performance was near flawless- I think MVG only won three legs with fourth highest ever losing average, so he wasn't awful, wizard was just a beast.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Lost track of days a little - was expecting it to be semis and final following today but the final is tomorrow. Wasn't expecting that - better for me though stuck in the house.

Looked it up on the PDC website - that is abysmal design so hard to find some things on there.

paulscholes18

Whitlock slowing down tactics aren’t working, reminds me of Mardle in 08 beats the world NO1 playing his usual game, then plays a relative unknown (in Mardle’s case it was Kirk Shepherd) then tries to slow it down and don’t play as well.

paulscholes18

Shite, didn't realise it's the premier league finals night. Can't say Aspinall-Durrant was the final I was looking for.
Think me and you would have put on a better match than Durrant & Anderson, it was a bag of nerves from both. Durrant was 6-3 up (mid 80’s average) then lost 6 of the next 7, and had to rely on Anderson missing 4 match darts.

Jippy

Staff
Think me and you would have put on a better match than Durrant & Anderson, it was a bag of nerves from both. Durrant was 6-3 up (mid 80’s average) then lost 6 of the next 7, and had to rely on Anderson missing 4 match darts.
Christ, Ando struggling at the mo. Only saw the last leg of Asp-Wright. Sounds like I didn't miss too much.
Hope Durrant can find another gear and somehow grind this out.

Shame cos a peak Ando-Wright final could've been great.

paulscholes18

4 month tournament and the final is first to 11. A bit underwhelming in my opinion.
Yes, when the premier league first started it the final was first to 16 not sure why it dropped to 11. Bit like the world Grand Prix that started as first to 7 sets now has dropped down to first to 5 sets

paulscholes18

Ah nice, cheers. PDC just saying it's on their subscription channel. They had a vid of the 9-darter at least.
Got the World Cup of darts next Friday on Sky.

Jose is a very strange player, big scorer but just like most players who move from soft tip darts, just can’t count for toffee. 1st leg he had 143 hit T20 s17 T20 to leave 6. Had 97 hit S19, S18, S10 to leave 50. And last week on the European tour done this :lol:

Jippy

Staff
Got the World Cup of darts next Friday on Sky.

Jose is a very strange player, big scorer but just like most players who move from soft tip darts, just can’t count for toffee. 1st leg he had 143 hit T20 s17 T20 to leave 6. Had 97 hit S19, S18, S10 to leave 50. And last week on the European tour done this :lol:
That is some ropey counting! Only seen it once or twice ever, but love it when someone slings a three dart outshot beauty, thinking they've won the leg only to mistakenly leave 6.

Not sure about the world cup. Can be kinda entertaining I guess, but a lot of padding in there.

paulscholes18

That is some ropey counting! Only seen it once or twice ever, but love it when someone slings a three dart outshot beauty, thinking they've won the leg only to mistakenly leave 6.

Not sure about the world cup. Can be kinda entertaining I guess, but a lot of padding in there.
And when they celebrate hitting a 180 only for them to have bust their score :lol: