Darts

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Dobey finding doubles now, think it'll be tough for Sherrock to get back into this.

paulscholes18

My prediction for the premier league next year (unless one of the unnamed make the final)

MVG
Price
Cross
Smith
Gurney
Wright
Anderson
Chizzy
Asp
Durrant

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
My prediction for the premier league next year (unless one of the unnamed make the final)

MVG
Price
Cross
Smith
Gurney
Wright
Anderson
Chizzy
Asp
Durrant
Pretty much, but I'd swap Durrant for Wade. Chizzy looking vulnerable in that list too and I bet they'd love to have an on form Lewis back.

paulscholes18

Pretty much, but I'd swap Durrant for Wade. Chizzy looking vulnerable in that list too and I bet they'd love to have an on form Lewis back.
There might only have 9 spots available, Barry Hearn replied to someone’s tweet about their prediction saying only 9 spots but since deleted it, wasn’t a fan of the wildcards the novelty of it soon wore off

Durrant being the only player to the semis of the big events matchplay, Grand Prix & Grand Slam
Reaching the final of the Grand Prix should be enough for Chizzy

If it is 9 think Superchin would be the unlucky one

Jippy

Staff
There might only have 9 spots available, Barry Hearn replied to someone’s tweet about their prediction saying only 9 spots but since deleted it, wasn’t a fan of the wildcards the novelty of it soon wore off

Durrant being the only player to the semis of the big events matchplay, Grand Prix & Grand Slam
Reaching the final of the Grand Prix should be enough for Chizzy

If it is 9 think Superchin would be the unlucky one
Would be odd to go down to 9 rather than 8, not sure on the logic there.
Wade is 8th and deserves a spot. I think Asp would need to be runner-up to climb above him.
The wildcard was mainly so they could get Barney in.

paulscholes18

Wade is 8th and deserves a spot. I think Asp would need to be runner-up to climb above him.
Think Wildcard may have been the wrong word to use, but the 9 invitationals were because Anderson pulled out

Kag

Aspinall has won a major (UK Open). He’s a lock.

Wade and Chisnall will miss out if there are indeed nine spots. Durrant will get in, too; a nod to the BDO lads that fancy making the next step.

Jippy

Staff
Think Wildcard may have been the wrong word to use, but the 9 invitationals were because Anderson pulled out
Ah ok. Forgot about that- I missed the last season cos of my eye problem at the time.
Aspinall has won a major (UK Open). He’s a lock.

Wade and Chisnall will miss out if there are indeed nine spots. Durrant will get in, too; a nod to the BDO lads that fancy making the next step.
No-one could grumble if Durrant got in, he's a real battler. Ugh, I'm just struggling to warm to Asp tbh.

ChrisNelson

No mention of Sherrock in the PL picks?

Not saying I agree or disagree but the amount of exposure.... with all that’s happened Barry would be foolish to not have a female player in there.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

Not saying I agree or disagree but the amount of exposure.... with all that’s happened Barry would be foolish to not have a female player in there.
Problem is, what happens if she loses every game and just generally humiliated herself? Not saying that will happen but potentially.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Problem is, what happens if she loses every game and just generally humiliated herself? Not saying that will happen but potentially.
That probably would happen, she’s had a good run but any prem player on their game should beat her.
there’s also a good few men who deserve to me in there before her.

imo it starts making a mockery of sport when positions are opened up just for women. If they/she is good enough to be in there By all means join, but she’s nowhere near qualified to be in the prem league yet

ChrisNelson

From a pure ability point of view I agree with you, although in that respect she’s beaten the number 11 seed which was a huge achievement.

But the PDC (Barry) are not daft and with all the publicity that she has generated, for them to ignore it and go with an all male PL, well they might but just watch this space....

paulscholes18

As Sherrock doesn’t have a tour card she can’t be included in the premier League

ChrisNelson

I’m pretty sure anyone is eligible, hence the wildcards and at the end of the day the PDC can do what they want with them - it’s still technically an invitational event.

They will be scared, given the exposure she has given the sport, that not picking her will be seen as a step backwards.

To be honest I’d give her Price’s spot, the insufferable ****.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
That probably would happen, she’s had a good run but any prem player on their game should beat her.
there’s also a good few men who deserve to me in there before her.

imo it starts making a mockery of sport when positions are opened up just for women. If they/she is good enough to be in there By all means join, but she’s nowhere near qualified to be in the prem league yet
Yep! I would love her to join and do well as I want there to be more women dart players, but I worry at this time it might do more harm than good.

paulscholes18

I’m pretty sure anyone is eligible, hence the wildcards and at the end of the day the PDC can do what they want with them - it’s still technically an invitational event.

They will be scared, given the exposure she has given the sport, that not picking her will be seen as a step backwards.

I remember Hearn saying a couple of years ago when people were talking about Cadby getting a spot, he said that he needed to get a tour card first, and it’s about the year you had not just the worlds, hence why Jelle didn’t get in when he made the semis. Need to do more than win 2 games averaging 90 to get in, or it will start making a mockery of the sport

cyberman

I remember Hearn saying a couple of years ago when people were talking about Cadby getting a spot, he said that he needed to get a tour card first, and it’s about the year you had not just the worlds, hence why Jelle didn’t get in when he made the semis. Need to do more than win 2 games averaging 90 to get in, or it will start making a mockery of the sport
Also seeing her get destroyed every week would do more harm than good

Jippy

Staff

I agree with that if nothing else. Very good player who's found another level, but his constant celebrating every half-decent throw is tiresome.
Shame Durrant was so disappointing today, squandering way too many opportunities.

CallyRed

Cracking first set between between Snakebite and Price. Love how they are trying to wind each other up!

CallyRed

I like Price and Wright.
Darts need characters and they are very good players as well.