Darts

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Smith threw that win away. Head went, can’t believe how far he was from that double 10.

sherrock done brilliant against durrant! Shocked me. Crowd booing durrant before he even walked out though, hard playing against that
Yeah that was weird how he could lose it that badly.
Durrant relieved in the end- the booing was predictable.

paulscholes18

Yeah that was weird how he could lose it that badly.
Durrant relieved in the end- the booing was predictable.
Smith just seemed too think he had done enough getting to 6, when he had 37 left nearly hit the T17 then had no composure going for the D10, then you knew it was going to end 6-6

Jippy

Staff
Smith just seemed too think he had done enough getting to 6, when he had 37 left nearly hit the T17 then had no composure going for the D10, then you knew it was going to end 6-6
Yeah was like night and day though. Loads have matches have turned on their heads over these first two weeks.
The highlight for me has been Ando back looking good and motivated.

paulscholes18

Where was that Duzza last week. Big difference when you don’t have the crowd booing every dart

paulscholes18

The premier league darts at Rotterdam have been moved from 25 & 26 March to 9 & 10 September which will be finals night 4 months after the last round of matches

Jippy

Staff

Jippy

Staff

paulscholes18

paulscholes18

First Matchplay game I’ve been able to watch was to see defending champion Rob Cross get knocked out by the German Giant Gabriel Clemens

Jippy

Staff
First Matchplay game I’ve been able to watch was to see defending champion Rob Cross get knocked out by the German Giant Gabriel Clemens
I saw a bit the other night and Ratajski looked amazing, averaging about 108. You had to wonder if some of the floor players might shine a bit without the crowds.
MVG scraped through versus Dolan and Ando and Wade looking very patchy.

paulscholes18

I saw a bit the other night and Ratajski looked amazing, averaging about 108. You had to wonder if some of the floor players might shine a bit without the crowds.
MVG scraped through versus Dolan and Ando and Wade looking very patchy.
I was wondering that, but in the Wright - de Sousa game I think Jose lack of big game experience showed, once Wright hit that 148 finish there only looked to be one winner despite de Sousa being 8-7 up

paulscholes18

Do any of you play? Just installed a board, any tips for beginners?
First find out if you’re left or right eye dominant as there’s no point in bringing the dart to your right eye if your left eye dominant as it won’t end well.
Have a strong base when throwing, don’t lean too far forward and keep your elbow up or a lot of your darts will end up going low,
should be a straight line going down from your shoulder to your foot.
Hold the dart how it feels most comfortable as there is no right way
When starting off I would say grouping the darts is the most important thing rather than just trying to hit the triple 20 every dart as you could end up scatting them all over the board, so say if your first dart hits the 18 try and hit the 18 with the next two darts then move on to round the world hitting the single numbers 1-20

Could be worth filming yourself and watching it back and also could be worth tweeting it to Wayne Mardle to see what he says, I’ve seen him give tips to people.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
First find out if you’re left or right eye dominant as there’s no point in bringing the dart to your right eye if your left eye dominant as it won’t end well.
Have a strong base when throwing, don’t lean too far forward and keep your elbow up or a lot of your darts will end up going low,
should be a straight line going down from your shoulder to your foot.
Hold the dart how it feels most comfortable as there is no right way
When starting off I would say grouping the darts is the most important thing rather than just trying to hit the triple 20 every dart as you could end up scatting them all over the board, so say if your first dart hits the 18 try and hit the 18 with the next two darts then move on to round the world hitting the single numbers 1-20

Could be worth filming yourself and watching it back and also could be worth tweeting it to Wayne Mardle to see what he says, I’ve seen him give tips to people.
Cheers mate! How do I find out which eye is more dominant?

I hold the dart kind of like a pen, and I find that sometimes my index finger knocks it in the follow through, not sure how to stop that.

paulscholes18

Cheers mate! How do I find out which eye is more dominant?

I hold the dart kind of like a pen, and I find that sometimes my index finger knocks it in the follow through, not sure how to stop that.
do this at the bullseye

Last edited:

paulscholes18

So bring the dart slightly to the left of my nose?
Yes, hopefully that feels more comfortable. As Jim Williams & Bobby George are the only two other dart players I know are right handed and left eye dominant and that’s what they both do/ done

Berbasbullet

Yes, hopefully that feels more comfortable. As Jim Williams & Bobby George are the only two other dart players I know are right handed and left eye dominant and that’s what they both do/ done
Thank you, I reckon that will take a while to get used to as I normally line up with my right eye, but, maybe that's why it goes all over the shop. :lol:

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I am also left eye dominant but cannot throw lining up that way I have to throw from the right side of my face. It's not ideal but I got close to a Glamorgan callup many years ago.

Berbasbullet

I am also left eye dominant but cannot throw lining up that way I have to throw from the right side of my face. It's not ideal but I got close to a Glamorgan callup many years ago.
Interesting! I’m just giving it a go now so I have the dart just to the left of my nose and it’s hard, but will it in theory be straighter?

I feel like I normally throw to the right of the board so feel like this might be a fix?

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Interesting! I’m just giving it a go now so I have the dart just to the left of my nose and it’s hard, but will it in theory be straighter?

I feel like I normally throw to the right of the board so feel like this might be a fix?
I would throw however it feels most natural to begin with and practice. Also it is worth trying from different parts of the oche. I am in an online league with friends as part of lockdown and I have got a spin bike in my room which meant moving the cross trainer which now makes me throw from the left side of the oche as opposed to the right as I have done for 20 odd years - I might even stay doing it as it is working at the moment!

Berbasbullet

I would throw however it feels most natural to begin with and practice. Also it is worth trying from different parts of the oche. I am in an online league with friends as part of lockdown and I have got a spin bike in my room which meant moving the cross trainer which now makes me throw from the left side of the oche as opposed to the right as I have done for 20 odd years - I might even stay doing it as it is working at the moment!
That’s really cool! I downloaded one of those darts apps and play with my friend from back home and the computer.

I tried mixing up my technique just now and increased my average quite substantially and was hitting doubles fairly nicely, before I found I was almost covering up what I was going for over my right eye and now I’m moving the dart more central to my forehead, seemed to be working but doesn’t feel hugely comfortable.