Darts

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Feel like I could've done with another week or so break, but the Players Championship kicked off today. Dimitri is out first round, along with Gurney, Lewis, Ratajski, plus Bunting, Dolan and others.
It's on ITV4 tonight, but it's my wedding anniversary, so I don't think the missus will be impressed if I put it on.

paulscholes18

Feel like I could've done with another week or so break, but the Players Championship kicked off today. Dimitri is out first round, along with Gurney, Lewis, Ratajski, plus Bunting, Dolan and others.
It's on ITV4 tonight, but it's my wedding anniversary, so I don't think the missus will be impressed if I put it on.
Happy anniversary

Gurney is now out of the top 10 after that defeat, been in awful for for a while now.
Wades in a spot of bother 3-0 down to Zonneveld. Anderson came from 4-1 down to beat Keegan 6-4

Jippy

Staff
Happy anniversary

Gurney is now out of the top 10 after that defeat, been in awful for for a while now.
Wades in a spot of bother 3-0 down to Zonneveld. Anderson came from 4-1 down to beat Keegan 6-4
Thanks! Surprised Gurney was still in the top 10 given the run of form he's had.
Hopefully some good matches on tomorrow.

Jippy

Staff
Can't stand the ITV commentator. His tone and pitch grate and he seems to think talking incessantly somehow enhances the viewing. Kind finding myself muting it for periods.

Smith-Ando was good this arvo, but a lot of indifferent games. Cross-Cullen was awful.

Jippy

Staff
Excellent match between Wright and Smith. Both looked tbf, but Wright in particular finding top form ahead of the worlds.
Ouch Smith missing double 12 for the 9-darter, then Wright nailing 76 to nick the leg.
Wright now 9-0 v Smith in TV knockout matches.

paulscholes18

King 7-1 up on Wright, didn’t see that happening, obviously it’s not over but snakebite isn’t showing too much in way of making a comeback

Jippy

Staff
There I was bigging Wright up...Shame cos he was excellent in the second half if the Smith match and him playing like that v MVG or Price could've been a belter.

paulscholes18

There I was bigging Wright up...Shame cos he was excellent in the second half if the Smith match and him playing like that v MVG or Price could've been a belter.
That’s true, if Price or MVG play the way they currently are in the final, think King will get blown a way

Jippy

Staff
That’s true, if Price or MVG play the way they currently are in the final, think King will get blown a way
Yeah hope he can make a decent fight of it- he did average just over 100 this arvo and he'll need to again.

This scrawny kid in the youth match has a strange stance- the praying mantis.

paulscholes18

Was Mason having a laugh when he said the winner of the youth championship go on to have a good career? Smith and Dimitri definitely

Aaron Monk - doesn’t have a tour card
James Hubbard - doesn’t have a tour card
Michael Smith - World no4
Keegan Brown - World no35 never made it past the last 16 on TV
Max Hopp - World no38 best tv performance is a Semi final
Corey Cadby - Personal problems prevented him reaching the heights that his talent deserved, handed his card in back in January
Dimitri- started showing what’s he’s capable of, in the top 10 and current matchplay champ
Luke Humphries- world no34 made back to back QF at the worlds

paulscholes18

Yeah hope he can make a decent fight of it- he did average just over 100 this arvo and he'll need to again.

This scrawny kid in the youth match has a strange stance- the praying mantis.
Also I think Phil Jones will be proud of some of the faces he is pulling

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
King is awesome :lol: He should get to more finals. Camera focused in on him while he was clearly mouthing the word twat at the end. :lol:

paulscholes18

Now the draws been made, time for predictions

Last 8
MVG V Dimitri
Smith V Heta
Wright V Searle
Price V Aspinall

Winner - MVG

Outside 32 wildcard (probably giving him the kiss of death like I did with Clemens last year)
Damon Heta

Jippy

Staff
Now the draws been made, time for predictions

Last 8
MVG V Dimitri
Smith V Heta
Wright V Searle
Price V Aspinall

Winner - MVG

Outside 32 wildcard (probably giving him the kiss of death like I did with Clemens last year)
Damon Heta
Feck knows how to easily work out the routes to the last 8.

Some tricky first round ties- Cross-DVD, White-Huybrechts, de Zwaan-Searle, plus maybe Dimitri-Humphries and Heta-Lewis.

Winner: MVG

Outsider-: de Zwaan for semis

paulscholes18

Bit shit that there’s no tie brakes in deciding sets at the worlds, the World matchplay had to be won by two clear legs, the players are all in a bubble together so they won’t be mixing with fans.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Bit shit that there’s no tie brakes in deciding sets at the worlds, the World matchplay had to be won by two clear legs, the players are all in a bubble together so they won’t be mixing with fans.
It's to do with the current rules and needing to finish on time and not overrunning. It will return next year.

Jippy

Staff
That is a shame. The RVB-Taylor one being the standout.

They're allowing 1,000 fans in to the worlds. Would be a bit shite if they're not serving booze.

paulscholes18

That is a shame. The RVB-Taylor one being the standout.

They're allowing 1,000 fans in to the worlds. Would be a bit shite if they're not serving booze.
Could be about to get worse, London could be going into tier 3 on Wednesday, so no fans at all

sallycinnamin

Who's everyone's pick?
Or good outside chance?
I went with Peter Wright last year.
This year it's a tough one to call.
Could certainly be a new name on the trophy since there's been no regular consistency from anyone really.
Going to go with Wright again and Price/Aspinall in with a shout.

paulscholes18

fecking hell Diogo it was a 1st round win not the world championship final :lol:

Could well be 30 and out for Steve Beaton very poor performance from him

paulscholes18

Who's everyone's pick?
Or good outside chance?
I went with Peter Wright last year.
This year it's a tough one to call.
Could certainly be a new name on the trophy since there's been no regular consistency from anyone really.
Going to go with Wright again and Price/Aspinall in with a shout.
MVG looked back to near his best at the player championship. Think Heta and Searle could both have a good run. Heta reminds me so much of James Wade, just has a very solid all round game.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
MVG looked back to near his best at the player championship. Think Heta and Searle could both have a good run. Heta reminds me so much of James Wade, just has a very solid all round game.
I don't think Heta has enough quite yet I think quarters is about his limit right now.

MvG, Price, Aspinal,Wright for me I can't see anyone else doing it. The Special one won the Grand Slam but he's not all that yet for me.

paulscholes18

I don't think Heta has enough quite yet I think quarters is about his limit right now.

MvG, Price, Aspinal,Wright for me I can't see anyone else doing it. The Special one won the Grand Slam but he's not all that yet for me.
My favourite player, he just seems a great guy, always smiling. His counting is horrible and some of his shot-outs are just pure bonkers at times :lol:

But if the draw goes as expected he’s due to play Price in the 4th round. I do think there is a slight gap between the top 3 (MVG, Wright & Price) and the rest

paulscholes18

Good job Wright is looking decent. Can you imagine going out in the first round dressed like that as world champ:lol:
And doing so with the same darts as I use. But yes you have to be good to dress like that.
Wasn’t he dressed as Santa when he lost to Alcinas in the first round a couple of years ago?

ChrisNelson

Poor Steve West how are you meant to play against someone looking like that :lol:
I hope it put him off because he comes across as a complete d*ck!!

His interviews are embarrassing, just one word answers, seems a right arrogant so and so.

There's only one player I don't want to lift the trophy and that's Gerwyn Price. Fewer sportsmen have I disliked more in my life than I do him.

Other than that everyone else comes across ok so just hoping for some exciting matches!

Jippy

Staff
Durrant v Portela is so tumescent. Awful quality.
Lisa Ashton put up a good fight- shame she couldn't take it to a decider.

EDIT: Underlining the shiteness, Durrant just failed to get a shot at a double from 41:lol:

Last edited: