Darts

paulscholes18

Ryan Searle is looking good, de Zwaan will have a game on his hands.

Gurney had his best performance for quite a while.

paulscholes18

Watched the highlights of the afternoon session, the boxing commentator didn’t have a clue, Foulkes had 164 hit T20 T20 and he said “look at this” then Foulkes hit D12 says “oh my word”, then to try and save face said “it looked good didn’t it”. :lol: No it foulking didn’t as anybody who knows anything about darts knew he messed up after the 2nd dart.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Watched the highlights of the afternoon session, the boxing commentator didn’t have a clue, Foulkes had 164 hit T20 T20 and he said “look at this” then Foulkes hit D12 says “oh my word”, then to try and save face said “it looked good didn’t it”. :lol: No it foulking didn’t as anybody who knows anything about darts knew he messed up after the 2nd dart.
I missed the start this arvo- Foulkes miscounted that badly?!

Agree Gurney looked as good as I've seen in ages yesterday - confidence still brittle losing those sets, but turned it round. Searle-Lauby was a good match and he'll be tough to beat. Expected a little bit more from Ross Smith against Jose, but not a bad match.
Rydz could spring an upset against Wade if he scores like he can.

paulscholes18

I missed the start this arvo- Foulkes miscounted that badly?!

Agree Gurney looked as good as I've seen in ages yesterday - confidence still brittle losing those sets, but turned it round. Searle-Lauby was a good match and he'll be tough to beat. Expected a little bit more from Ross Smith against Jose, but not a bad match.
Rydz could spring an upset against Wade if he scores like he can.
Yes, never seen anyone miscount by 20 before, not even in league darts

paulscholes18

:lol:Wow, that must hurt when you think you've nailed a massive finish. Love that awkward few moments while they realise.
And the added pressure of it being the world championship probably messes with your head a bit.

I remember a league game and the other team wanted 167 and the guy went T20 T19 tops :lol:.

Adam Hunt is playing some decent stuff, looks like Hughes is going to be the first to get KO

Jippy

Staff
And the added pressure of it being the world championship probably messes with your head a bit.

I remember a league game and the other team wanted 167 and the guy went T20 T19 tops :lol:.

Adam Hunt is playing some decent stuff, looks like Hughes is going to be the first to get KO
That's one thing about being shite at darts- I'm never likely to miscount a two treble out shot.
Hunt does look decent. Still early I guess, but not been many exciting matches yet. Some good match ups in R3 though.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Made a couple of hundred on the darts this week - I don't bet a lot I started with 20 quid. Am quitting whilst ahead now but still have a tenner on a Wade / van Duijvenbode / Humphries treble

paulscholes18

Made a couple of hundred on the darts this week - I don't bet a lot I started with 20 quid. Am quitting whilst ahead now but still have a tenner on a Wade / van Duijvenbode / Humphries treble
bet you were sweating a bit at 2-0 down, a very enjoyable game though

Jippy

Staff
Wow Paul Lim! Humphries missing 12 darts at a double in that crucial leg was unforgiveable. He's got all the elements, but lacks consistency.

paulscholes18

Wonder is Lim’s pace played any part in Luke Humphries game, but as you said @Jippy missing 12 darts at a double is unforgivable

Jippy

Staff
Wow, Waites-Campbell was an epic slugfest- 16 straight legs of going against throw, then a bonkers last leg with Campbell breaking with a 152, then Waites winning three on the spin, nailing an 11-dart leg in the decider.
Brilliant match and both have balls of steel. Never seen a deciding leg of that quality before.

paulscholes18

That was a good game between Waites and Campbell, went all 25 legs with Scotty with a 11 darter against the darts to win it.

paulscholes18

What a stinker of a last set from Lewis, hitting T16 when he had 48 left and missing 3 darts at D16, could have been 2-0 up

paulscholes18

Thank god for that last match because the first two were dross. Lennon is such a choker.
Cross unlucky, but when DVD gets pumped like that he can be amazing. Exciting last set and great last leg.
Both Petersen & Noppert can count their lucky stars that their opponents weren’t at the level of the likes of DVD or Searle. Think Noppert would admit that a 80 average shouldn’t win a 2nd round game. At least with Devon he knows that his scoring power is their

Jippy

Staff
Both Petersen & Noppert can count their lucky stars that their opponents weren’t at the level of the likes of DVD or Searle. Think Noppert would admit that a 80 average shouldn’t win a 2nd round game. At least with Devon he knows that his scoring power is their
Yeah Noppert knew it was shite. Devon and Lennon missing 72 doubles though:lol:
Dimitri on fire again. Didn't realise he stayed with Wright for two months. Seems to have worked this year though.

paulscholes18

Yeah Noppert knew it was shite. Devon and Lennon missing 72 doubles though:lol:
Dimitri on fire again. Didn't realise he stayed with Wright for two months. Seems to have worked this year though.
Yes, done his game wonders, also I think having no fans has helped him as in pressure situations he does tend to stand back for a bit before throwing, and some “fans” don’t like players taking their time.

I’m tempted to mess my ACL up and see if I can start playing like that

Jippy

Staff
Yes, done his game wonders, also I think having no fans has helped him as in pressure situations he does tend to stand back for a bit before throwing, and some “fans” don’t like players taking their time.

I’m tempted to mess my ACL up and see if I can start playing like that
Presumably a few things came together for him, but he's taken such a leap forward, it will be interesting to see if he maintains it.
Dimitri had been on the periphery for a while, but Jose and DVD have really broken through from nowhere in the no fan era. It could well be the best part of a year before we get full Premier League and other big crowds back, so no idea yet if they can maintain it under that pressure.

Jippy

Staff
Glad Ando got through safely in the end- that Razma was crazy good on the 19s- rare you see people kick off legs on treble 19s, but why not if you hit it like he does.

Entertaining match between Bunting and Boulton, with moments of brilliance and awful finishing. Amazing last leg decider again, with Bunting matching DVD's 11-darter last night. Boulton was very good at times too.

paulscholes18

The draw has opened up for Devon, with Lowe beating Smith. Waites missed 4 darts to beat the Asp

Jippy

Staff
Boom, Smith well beaten and out. I don't know Jason Lowe, but he held his nerve well.
Still can't believe Waites shanked four match darts against Aspinall. Not a massive Asp fan, but excellent comeback and he's a real battler.

sallycinnamin

The draw has opened up for Devon, with Lowe beating Smith. Waites missed 4 darts to beat the Asp
Smith lost, no way. Caught the Aspinall vWaites match then had to head out. Aspinall some tenacity alright. No arrows till Saturday am I right?

paulscholes18

Smith lost, no way. Caught the Aspinall vWaites match then had to head out. Aspinall some tenacity alright. No arrows till Saturday am I right?
Sunday. Yes Smith was completely out played for the first 2 sets, then unlike Aspinall who kept his composure and 2-0 down, Smith lost his and got angry.