Darts

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Clayton was excellent throughout tbf and certainly had a tricky draw.
Thought they'd up the prize after expanding the tournament, tight sods.

paulscholes18

Clayton was excellent throughout tbf and certainly had a tricky draw.
Thought they'd up the prize after expanding the tournament, tight sods.
Could say they should be grateful that the PDC didn’t do a BDO and slash the price money due to no fans :lol:

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Anyone you know going to Q School?
There’s a couple of people I my local league going, don’t know why they going, don’t even or even close to being good enough to play for their county B team.

I’m sure the players don’t even need to be told, if they win then they’re in the PL
A few I know and have played with yes. To be honest they are all wasting their money. Some are county A to be fair they are very good players but even if they got lucky they would lose money chasing their dream.

It's like that for 90% of card holders I'm not criticising anyone who wants to have a go.

Jippy

Staff
Wow! Wonder why he’s made that decision? Hated the way he went out.
The link I posted about four replies up has an interview explaining how he was going through a divorce and a load of shit in his disastrous farewell year.

Hopefully he is somewhere back near his best. Q school is tough to get through- one of them threw a nine darter the other day there and Barney had some 100+ averages in matches.

paulscholes18

Yes thought he would, I was hoping Nico Kurtz would get his but wasn’t to be this year.

Danny Baggish couldn’t have left it any later, In the 1st round of Q School he had 0 points after 2 days then on the last day won his QF game to book his place into the last 128, then after 3 days in the last 128 he was again on 0 points and on the final day today got to the final and got his card on leg difference.

Jippy

Staff
Yes thought he would, I was hoping Nico Kurtz would get his but wasn’t to be this year.

Danny Baggish couldn’t have left it any later, In the 1st round of Q School he had 0 points after 2 days then on the last day won his QF game to book his place into the last 128, then after 3 days in the last 128 he was again on 0 points and on the final day today got to the final and got his card on leg difference.
Christ, talk about skin of his teeth. Glad Baggish got through, he was good at the worlds. There were quite a few names that didn't, like John O'Shea.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
The link I posted about four replies up has an interview explaining how he was going through a divorce and a load of shit in his disastrous farewell year.

Hopefully he is somewhere back near his best. Q school is tough to get through- one of them threw a nine darter the other day there and Barney had some 100+ averages in matches.
Aaah I see, hope he’s back on it now, funny I actually saw Barney coming off an easy jet plane a couple years ago in amsterdam, didn’t say hi though as he had his skim head look making him look hard as nails. :lol:

Jippy

Staff
Aaah I see, hope he’s back on it now, funny I actually saw Barney coming off an easy jet plane a couple years ago in amsterdam, didn’t say hi though as he had his skim head look making him look hard as nails. :lol:
If they can carry it off, I imagine quite a few celebrities pull a 'don't fecking approach me' face. Saying that I chatted to Peter Manley and his wife in a hotel bar in Portugal years back and they were nice.

ChrisNelson

I can see Barney being embarrassed back in the PDC to be honest. He was going downhill rapidly before he retired and the quality at the top of the game is 10 times what it was when he won his solo PDC World Championship.

I will be interested to see how Scott Mitchell gets on because the gulf in class between the BDO and PDC has caught out many better players than him, in addition due to the demise of the BDO he's been without proper competitive darts for a while and will certainly be rusty.

paulscholes18

The pro tour series starts tomorrow, be interesting to see how the new tour card holders get on, ahead of the UK open which starts a week Friday.

Been stepping up my practice for just over 2 weeks now, over a hour a day and today is the first day I have seen some real progress, first 9 days I was doing 10 legs after my practice and I was averaging between 40-45 with my worst leg of the day were between 42-64. Then I decided to stop doing that and just concentrate on finishing with a bit of T20 practice.

Today I was feeling good, so had 10 legs and averaged 53.7 with 35 darts being my worst leg

paulscholes18

Didn’t realise it was nearly 8 years since he last won a singles event, obviously playing with MVG would give anyone with a tour card a great chance of winning the World Cup.
Just like last year year (no disrespect to Clayton at all who more than done his job, and has has taken his game to the next level since) would have won the World Cup with Price.

Zen

How long until Phil gets the itch after Barney..... does he gets preferential treatment to skip q school too?

ChrisNelson

:lol:, Hindsight is a wonderful thing @ChrisNelson
Haha! I stand by my comments though, I think when the tour hots up again and fans are back, tournaments are coming thick and fast he will struggle.

He couldn't keep up with the top players in his previous 'stint' in the PDC and I can't think why he would suddenly be good enough again, bearing in mind the standard has increased.

I can only think he was underestimated, although his win over a revitalised King was impressive, as was a come from behind win over a former World Champ in Cross.

His run after that became much more comfortable.

I will be amazed if he gets close to another PDC major.

Jippy

Staff
Haha! I stand by my comments though, I think when the tour hots up again and fans are back, tournaments are coming thick and fast he will struggle.

He couldn't keep up with the top players in his previous 'stint' in the PDC and I can't think why he would suddenly be good enough again, bearing in mind the standard has increased.

I can only think he was underestimated, although his win over a revitalised King was impressive, as was a come from behind win over a former World Champ in Cross.

His run after that became much more comfortable.

I will be amazed if he gets close to another PDC major.
He's won £10k already. Given he's nothing since the Premier League in 2014, doubt he has illusions of winning loads, especially at 53- wasn't that when Taylor packed in? Surely he's looking at more at hopefully having a couple of good runs at TV majors and winning the odd epic match, with a final or better being a bonus - he'll be doing well to actually reach the televised stages, given how many qualifying rounds he'll presumably need to get through.
Maybe he's just bored and skint after his divorce.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Barney has lost a lot of money over the last 12 months. Divorce, a wall of his house collapsed and with Covid he's lost his exhibition work on top of it.

He had little choice. I hope he keeps a fire in his belly lit but who knows once he can get exbo work again.

One positive driving force for him perhaps is that Taylor has long gone and is not coming back and MvG is now showing signs of weakness - but Barney can fall out of love with the game overnight so who knows how long he will stick at it.

sallycinnamin

The 'F.,A Cuup of darts' starts today

UK Open @ 7pm ITV4.

Like the title suggests it is wide open.

paulscholes18

Some cracking looking ties in the UK Open
King V De Sousa
Anderson V DVD
Wright V Chizzy
Cullen V M Smith

paulscholes18

QF lineup isn’t the greatest
MVG V the Polish Eagle
Price V Devon
Chizzy V Humphries
Wade V Whitlock

Oggmonster

Is there any particular games to get better at darts? I was playing with my mate who lived with me during lockdown since he moved out I've still played but am really inconsistent. Wouldn't mind going back to the pub and smashing him...at darts obviously

paulscholes18

Is there any particular games to get better at darts? I was playing with my mate who lived with me during lockdown since he moved out I've still played but am really inconsistent. Wouldn't mind going back to the pub and smashing him...at darts obviously
121 in 9, so 9 darts to take out 121 in 9 darts once you do that then go up by one so then 122, 123 etc

Bob’s 27, start with 27 points and throw 3 darts at each double starting with double 1, if you miss the double with all 3 darts you lose what the double is worth, so you miss double 1 with all 3 darts you go down to 25 points, but you hit 3 double 1’s you go up to 33 points.

cyberman

The sooner MVG lets go of the old MVG and just focuses on his game, the better.
When it gets deep and he isnt dominating, he just disaapears. He'll beat whoever in the first few rounds, mug for the cameras as he kisses his ring while prancing about and tell us how good he feels then... Nothing. Meek exit.
He seems to want to be 2017 MVG or hes failing and its holding him back

paulscholes18

Hope so. Brilliant from Humphries there though, I just assumed it would be Price-MVG like most. Unusual to see both get blown away like that early on.
Crazy that Wade's not in the premier league.
Lots of different major winners probably cost him, win the final he get in next year. Had it not been Clayton winning the Masters they may had waited till the UK Open.