Darts

cyberman

Is there any particular games to get better at darts? I was playing with my mate who lived with me during lockdown since he moved out I've still played but am really inconsistent. Wouldn't mind going back to the pub and smashing him...at darts obviously
Put playing card over treble 20. Just group darts on card and when thats confortable you cut card and make it smaller. Focus on your throw and mechanics, dont be lazily throwing darts just to throw. People can pracrice for an hour lazily throwing and develop bad habits v a 20 minute session where you just focus on grip, release etc.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Lots of different major winners probably cost him, win the final he get in next year. Had it not been Clayton winning the Masters they may had waited till the UK Open.
Yeah makes sense. Dimitri faded a bit in the second half but probably deserved it. King was in with a good shout too.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Put playing card over treble 20. Just group darts on card and when thats confortable you cut card and make it smaller. Focus on your throw and mechanics, dont be lazily throwing darts just to throw. People can pracrice for an hour lazily throwing and develop bad habits v a 20 minute session where you just focus on grip, release etc.
Interesting, thank you.

Annoyingly I can only play outside so I've only just started again.

Oggmonster

121 in 9, so 9 darts to take out 121 in 9 darts once you do that then go up by one so then 122, 123 etc

Bob’s 27, start with 27 points and throw 3 darts at each double starting with double 1, if you miss the double with all 3 darts you lose what the double is worth, so you miss double 1 with all 3 darts you go down to 25 points, but you hit 3 double 1’s you go up to 33 points.

Cheers lads, will give these a go.

ChrisNelson

Great win for Wade last night, his third UK Open title.

Gets a lot of stick but one of the most successful PDC players in history, in terms of major titles.

I think he's the only player after Taylor to win one in three decades (00's, 10's and 20's) although I may be wrong and presumably others will follow him.

Who knows what more he might have achieved without his mental health demons, he's a great player even with them but I'm sure that it's had a big effect on his career.

paulscholes18

Great win for Wade last night, his third UK Open title.

Gets a lot of stick but one of the most successful PDC players in history, in terms of major titles.

I think he's the only player after Taylor to win one in three decades (00's, 10's and 20's) although I may be wrong and presumably others will follow him.

Who knows what more he might have achieved without his mental health demons, he's a great player even with them but I'm sure that it's had a big effect on his career.
If you include the BDO John Lowe and RVB are the only two that I can think of that have won a major in 3 different decades, it’s an incredible achievement.
One thing that holds him back from being talked about as one of the greats is the lack of a World title, 2012 should have been his year 5-1 up on Lewis and you would have thought he would have gone on to beat Andy Hamilton in the final.

paulscholes18

180’s have been flowing more regularly this week, Last 4 weeks of me practicing I hit 8. Now I have hit 7 in the last 5 days. Hopefully when the new season comes along I will finish it with a positive win/loss record, as I haven’t done that for a few years now.

Jippy

Staff

paulscholes18

A look at who's defending most money this year. Rob Cross and Darryl Gurney both defending around 32%, so a bad year for either could realistically fall right out of the top 16.
Can be a real death spiral if you drop out the top 32.

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2021/03/11/each-top-32-players-ranking-money-risk-spring-summer

@paulscholes18 Eight 180s?! I only ever hit two, although I was a classic awful pub player years back.
I know a lot of darts need to played between now and the worlds but as things stand for the worlds Cross will be no 26 and Adrien Lewis won’t be there. Big climbers would be Jose de Sousa 7th and DVD 16th
https://www.dartsrankings.com/wch

Sorry for the poor wording so it’s 15 180’s in the past 5 weeks, 7 of them have been this week. And today I had 6 darts for a 180 and my 3rd dart each time went into the 5’s :lol:

sallycinnamin

Premier League Darts
Over 5 nights starts tonight
Gerwyn Price ruled out positive Covid-19 test replaced by James Wade
Next 5 nights April 19th - Friday 23rd (including Judgement Night)
All behind closed doors at Milton Keynes

Jippy

Staff
Premier League Darts
Over 5 nights starts tonight
Gerwyn Price ruled out positive Covid-19 test replaced by James Wade
Next 5 nights April 19th - Friday 23rd (including Judgement Night)
All behind closed doors at Milton Keynes
Nice, knew it was back soon but was assuming Thursday.
Glad Wade got in in the end.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Gerwyn released a video saying he’s done 3 home tests since he got back home all came up negative.

Jippy

Staff
Classic Jose- two 180s, then goes for the wrong double and blows a 250+ lead to blow the leg.
Next leg hits a 9 darter.
Amazing player in many ways...

paulscholes18

Classic Jose- two 180s, then goes for the wrong double and blows a 250+ lead to blow the leg.
:lol: , needs an ear piece with someone telling him what double to go for
Just put in on and heard about his 9,

paulscholes18

Poor finishing from De Sousa has cost him so far, had 3 darts for a point V Anderson had darts to go 6-4 up and a dart to win 7-5

sallycinnamin

Bet you're glad I gave you the heads up on Monday. Some great night's, proper darts and two nine darters for good measure.

Jippy

Staff
Bet you're glad I gave you the heads up on Monday. Some great night's, proper darts and two nine darters for good measure.
Yes! It's been good. Some really high standard matches -nine darters on back to back nights and the 180 record equalled says it all - with just the odd stinker, like Wright v MVG.

paulscholes18

Don’t like those darts that Wright is using, think the wobble would put me right off my throw

paulscholes18

Think Jose needs a win V Wade today, as he has Durrant tomorrow then his last two games are MVG & Wright

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
De Sousa crying on Dutch TV because Durrant struggles so much. Was touching to see.

Jippy

Staff
First eight or so legs of that Jose-MVG were phenomenal.
Wade banging in back to back 105+ averages. He looked excellent tonight- Clayton dropping like a stone after that dream start.

paulscholes18

Lovely masterclass in counting from Jose, 85 left with 1 dart in hand why hit T15 to leave tops when you can hit T18 to leave 31

Jippy

Staff
I've actually remembered that it's back tonight.

2021 Unibet Premier League
Night 10 - Wednesday May 5

Jonny Clayton v James Wade
Jose de Sousa v Gary Anderson
Dimitri Van den Bergh v Michael van Gerwen
Peter Wright v Nathan Aspinall