Darts

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Man that is tough on Cullen

ChrisNelson

I do like the World Cup to be fair because there's usually quite a few teams who could win it, although England and Wales are obvious choices for the top 2 seedings.

I'd be a lot more confident for the Netherlands if MvG hadn't pulled out - van Duijvenbode has had a great 18 months or so but him and Noppert doesn't strike the same level of fear in to opponents.

To be honest it's difficult to look much further this year (because no Anderson and MvG) although as an unseeded pair, Suljovic and Rodriguez for Austria are ones to watch.

The trouble you have further down the rankings is that some of the countries have a very good first choice player but they're paired with effectively a pub player and once on stage they just haven't got the quality to back up their senior team mate.

sallycinnamin

Thought Spain v Germany was very good last night. Would love to see a nine darter, don't think it's been done @ the WC of darts.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I do like the World Cup to be fair because there's usually quite a few teams who could win it, although England and Wales are obvious choices for the top 2 seedings.

I'd be a lot more confident for the Netherlands if MvG hadn't pulled out - van Duijvenbode has had a great 18 months or so but him and Noppert doesn't strike the same level of fear in to opponents.

To be honest it's difficult to look much further this year (because no Anderson and MvG) although as an unseeded pair, Suljovic and Rodriguez for Austria are ones to watch.

The trouble you have further down the rankings is that some of the countries have a very good first choice player but they're paired with effectively a pub player and once on stage they just haven't got the quality to back up their senior team mate.
Whitlock must be with Heta presumably? They're definite contenders, particularly with Price and Clayton looking a bit patchy recently.
Can't see Wade and Smith having great chemistry- super-awkward fist bumps etc. Wright has been very hit and miss too recently for the Scots.

ChrisNelson

Whitlock must be with Heta presumably? They're definite contenders, particularly with Price and Clayton looking a bit patchy recently.
Can't see Wade and Smith having great chemistry- super-awkward fist bumps etc. Wright has been very hit and miss too recently for the Scots.
Yeah Whitlock and Heta, good team and chemistry to be fair. Whitlock made a good team with Nicholson to be fair back in the day, he of the alternative (Geordie) Australian accent.

I agree about the England team, Wade just isn't a people person, at least not when it comes to other players so it's difficult to see them being mates and I think there has to be an element of that to be successful. Hence why Wales will do well, Price and Clayton are good pals as well as being two of the best players on the circuit.

I think Wright is more suited to solo play but big John Henderson every now and again just pulls out these amazing performances and if he finds some form they will take some stopping.

sallycinnamin

Thought Spain v Germany was very good last night. Would love to see a nine darter, don't think it's been done @ the WC of darts.
That 9 darter so close. Thought we had one. Who's everyones picks? Winner/outside chance?
Belgium, Germany, Netherlands, England, Scotland, Wales?
I'm going with England and outside chance Australia/Ireland.

Last edited:

Jippy

Staff
Wales getting so pissed with Austrian showboating. Can't argue with Price pulling out back to back 149 and 142 checkouts to claw out a win when he looked beaten though, that was quality.
Going to a doubles decider...

Jippy

Staff
That 9 darter so close. Thought we had one. Who's everyones picks? Winner/outside chance?
Belgium, Germany, Netherlands, England, Scotland, Wales?
I'm going with England and outside chance Australia/Ireland.
I've no idea what the draw is and can't tell off the PDC website. I'll go for the Aussies, with Belgium as an outsider and Poland a wild card. Would be too boring to go for Wales, who you'd have to put above England and Scotland as favourites. Having said that, the Dutch were excellent earlier, particularly Noppert who was phenomenal, but DVD played well too.

ForEverEleven

Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Gutting for the Austrian boys, so close to beating Wales. Rowby-John was let down a bit by Mensur.

2cents

Scout
:lol: Jose being Jose just busted at 181

2cents

Scout
Delighted for Simon Whitlock.

sallycinnamin

I've no idea what the draw is and can't tell off the PDC website. I'll go for the Aussies, with Belgium as an outsider and Poland a wild card. Would be too boring to go for Wales, who you'd have to put above England and Scotland as favourites. Having said that, the Dutch were excellent earlier, particularly Noppert who was phenomenal, but DVD played well too.
You went with the Aussies, I felt they had an outside chance. Either way the best team in it and genuinely delighted for them. All things considered some good predictions.

paulscholes18

Luke Humphries seemed unbeatable on the European stage, wins his 4th of the year survived a match dart in the final vs Rowby John Rodriguez.

ChrisNelson

Robert Thornton took the Seniors World Matchplay in Hull, beating Phil Taylor in the final.

ForEverEleven

Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Gutted for Rowby-John, what a phenomenal weekend he had, so close.

Jippy

Staff
Adrian Lewis rediscovering a bit of form. Won today's player's championship, his first title in over three years, and got to the semis in the tournament on Friday.

Peak Lewis is still quality to watch and will be interesting to see if he can get a run going at the World Matchplay next week. Much longer format though...

Jippy

Staff
Ah ffs, the 8pm starts from the QFs in the World Matchplay are on at 3am here and I can only stream, not record.

Some great first round ties, eg DVD v Searle, Humphries v Asp, Heta v Cullen and MVG v Lewis.

2022 Betfred World Matchplay
Schedule of Play
Saturday July 16 (1900 BST)
4x First Round

Krzysztof Ratajski v Stephen Bunting
Dimitri Van den Bergh v Callan Rydz
Peter Wright v Madars Razma
Jonny Clayton v Rowby-John Rodriguez

Sunday July 17
Afternoon Session (1300 BST)
4x First Round

Dirk van Duijvenbode v Ryan Searle
Danny Noppert v Brendan Dolan
Gary Anderson v Daryl Gurney
Michael Smith v Andrew Gilding

Evening Session (1930 BST)
4x First Round

Joe Cullen v Damon Heta
James Wade v Martin Lukeman
Michael van Gerwen v Adrian Lewis
Luke Humphries v Nathan Aspinall

Monday July 18 (1900 BST)
4x First Round

Rob Cross v Chris Dobey
Jose de Sousa v Gabriel Clemens
Gerwyn Price v Martin Schindler
Dave Chisnall v Kim Huybrechts

Tuesday July 19 (1900 BST)
4x Second Round

Wednesday July 20 (1900 BST)
4x Second Round

Thursday July 21 (2000 BST)
2x Quarter-Finals

Friday July 22 (2000 BST)
2x Quarter-Finals

Saturday July 23 (2000 BST)
Semi-Finals

Sunday July 24

Women's World Matchplay – Quarter-Finals, Semi-Finals & Final

Evening Session (2100 BST)
Final

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2022/07/12/2022-betfred-world-matchplay-schedule-play

sallycinnamin

Ah ffs, the 8pm starts from the QFs in the World Matchplay are on at 3am here and I can only stream, not record.

Some great first round ties, eg DVD v Searle, Humphries v Asp, Heta v Cullen and MVG v Lewis.

2022 Betfred World Matchplay
Schedule of Play
Saturday July 16 (1900 BST)
4x First Round

Krzysztof Ratajski v Stephen Bunting
Dimitri Van den Bergh v Callan Rydz
Peter Wright v Madars Razma
Jonny Clayton v Rowby-John Rodriguez

Sunday July 17
4x First Round

Dirk van Duijvenbode v Ryan Searle
Danny Noppert v Brendan Dolan
Gary Anderson v Daryl Gurney
Michael Smith v Andrew Gilding

Evening Session (1930 BST)
4x First Round

Joe Cullen v Damon Heta
James Wade v Martin Lukeman
Michael van Gerwen v Adrian Lewis
Luke Humphries v Nathan Aspinall

Monday July 18 (1900 BST)
4x First Round

Rob Cross v Chris Dobey
Jose de Sousa v Gabriel Clemens
Gerwyn Price v Martin Schindler
Dave Chisnall v Kim Huybrechts

Tuesday July 19 (1900 BST)
4x Second Round

Wednesday July 20 (1900 BST)
4x Second Round

Thursday July 21 (2000 BST)
2x Quarter-Finals

Friday July 22 (2000 BST)
2x Quarter-Finals

Saturday July 23 (2000 BST)
Semi-Finals

Sunday July 24

Women's World Matchplay – Quarter-Finals, Semi-Finals & Final

Evening Session (2100 BST)
Final

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2022/07/12/2022-betfred-world-matchplay-schedule-play
Some absolute belters there first round. Looking forward to it.

Jippy

Staff
Great battle between DVD and Searle, first really close match. DVD seems at his best when he plays like he's about to have aneurysm. Brilliant 138 in the last leg, unusual route to it too.